Olympics ratings in the dumper

Good. Fuck all those asshole that brought social and personal trends, agendas, and politics to the Olympics. I hope they are banned. And fuck everyone that allowed them to.

Ratings for sporting events in general have been declining. SJW's have ruined sports for a good deal of the population.

View attachment 517572

Olympic Ratings Fall Sharply: NBC Says 17 Million Watched Opening Ceremony In U.S.​

That usually happens when events are live in the middle of the morning.

The Tokyo Olympics are rigged to fail. Why hasn’t the media noticed?​

". .. . After Yoshihide Suga became prime minister, I asked one of my lunch companions about the rumored cancellation of the Olympics (METI had assigned him to the area where the torch relay would begin). “There’s no way they’re canceled,” he said. “A bungled Olympics is the best way to get Suga out of office. The worse things go, the better it will be for a lot of important people.”

I was shocked, but only for a moment. Shinzo Abe’s resignation had allowed Suga to skip the line of aspiring prime ministers, and as anyone who has watched a season of "The Wire" can appreciate, causing a problem and offering the solution is an effective way to defeat an incumbent. Japan may be the country where this strategy is least likely to backfire. Its bureaucracy is so complicated — and so trusted by the public — that it’s almost impossible to publish detailed reporting about government affairs without leaving the average voter bewildered and sleepy.

I followed up with other trade ministry contacts and friends in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). The Olympics were Suga’s sword to fall on, they confirmed, describing the arrangement as an open secret. Bureaucrats were frequently being advised (by their politically connected superiors) that Olympic planning — especially virus control measures — should be channeled through a shrinking group of Suga loyalists. No one else could be trusted to move quickly.

I expected that a journalist covering the Tokyo Olympics would hear the same loose talk, investigate it, and I would learn through the resulting stories what kind of dung pile I’d brushed against.

The stories never appeared.

Reporters for global news outlets portrayed the Games as an urgent threat to public health but seemed to be at a loss to explain the government’s decision to go forward. Instead, many resorted to a cartoon version of the country’s politics, depicting Japan’s leaders as a club of socially backward octogenarians who hate women, immigrants and poor people; but who love money — especially money handed to them by the unctuous hypocrites who run the International Olympic Committee.. . . "

The Olympics have been boring
Politics have nothing to do with it

The Hard Core Leftardism is what made the Olympics boring. Between male competitors masquerading as broads to people taking knees and demanding the allegiance of people who are rooting against them, this was all crapola that the people have seen before.

Biden and the other Lib Leaders should have done more to promote the event to their devotees to build up the ratings, and this was someone else that Sleepy Joe failed at.

Ratings for sporting events in general have been declining. SJW's have ruined sports for a good deal of the population.

View attachment 517572

Olympic Ratings Fall Sharply: NBC Says 17 Million Watched Opening Ceremony In U.S.​

Well, I watched them...and plan on watching the Para Olympics also. Enjoyed them as I do every time they come around. I like how the medal spread went to countries that had never gotten medals before....and the new sports.

I think ratings always suck when the olympics falls in one of those host countries that is in a radically different time zone than the US because there is so much that people cannot watch live as a practical matter as they are at work or school or whatever.
This is true....hard not to peek at who won what before it was shown on TV.

The Hard Core Leftardism is what made the Olympics boring. Between male competitors masquerading as broads to people taking knees and demanding the allegiance of people who are rooting against them, this was all crapola that the people have seen before.

Biden and the other Lib Leaders should have done more to promote the event to their devotees to build up the ratings, and this was someone else that Sleepy Joe failed at.
When I watch an event I have no interest or idea what the competitors political leanings are.
I just care is it interesting to watch or not.

Many of the events I have no interest in

This is true....hard not to peek at who won what before it was shown on TV.

Even if you don’t go out of your way to look up who won, You will usually find out on a TV newscast or internet news headline. I also get news alerts that tipped off who won.

So the 12 hour time difference has nothing to do with it?
Not much. We've had Olympic games on the other side of the world before and dealt with the time difference. American Olympic viewers just want to watch competition, not anti-American political statements.

Not much. We've had Olympic games on the other side of the world before and dealt with the time difference. American Olympic viewers just want to watch competition, not anti-American political statements.
Nah, that's your snowflake cultism cherry picking reasons to keep yourself agitated.

They have Johnny Weir announcing the Figure Skating
Who wouldn’t want to watch that?

1644275611625.jpeg

Forum List

Back