Olympics ratings in the dumper

Who wants to watch NBC anyhow?

The Negroes and stupid White Guilt assholes have already said they were going to be shitheads so why bother to watch?

Most Americans don't want to see that shit.

Better things this summer to do than watch woke assholes being woke.

It is a shame because many of the athletes are not that way.

Just wait until the Negroes start winning medals. They will be an embarrassment to this country.

I don't think this has much to do with politics.
There are a number of things affecting how many watchers...

1) Like I said above, as to date - 46,000,000 households have cut cable TV.
2) Streaming options are poor. So those 46 million are not watching.
3) Sports interest in general is at an all time low for a lot of different reasons. Yes, some of those reasons have a political source. Some are due to a decades long waning of national pride. You got video games.... you can't discount that one. BIG reason for a fall off of interest in sports.

Not really. It took Montreal 30 years to pay off the debt from the 1976 games.

"It took Montreal until 2006 to pay off the last of its debt from the 1976 Games, while Greece’s billions in Olympics debt helped bankrupt the country."

Canada is stupid....

Because the opening ceremony was bizarre.
A spectacle held before an empty stadium
And politics. People want to see sports, not politics, especially in international competition. No one wants to see American athletes protesting America in front of athletes from other nations. If they turn their backs on America, they should not be surprised when America turns her back on them.

And politics. People want to see sports, not politics, especially in international competition. No one wants to see American athletes protesting America in front of athletes from other nations.

I bet a lot of the other athletes are amazed at the freedoms Americans have. I bet the Neo-Bunch would be happy if one of the athletes dons MAGA cap during a medal ceremony!

I bet a lot of the other athletes are amazed at the freedoms Americans have. I bet the Neo-Bunch would be happy if one of the athletes dons MAGA cap during a medal ceremony!
A MAGA hat would be an affirmation of what makes America great, not a protest. So there's that.

It's good to see other nations win as well as the us. They train too. I've always watched the Olympics with that mindframe.

A MAGA hat would be an affirmation of what makes America great, not a protest. So there's that.
Yet the opposition would take it as a sign of shitting on America in front of the world.

Personally i think politics has everything to do with it. Americans do not want to watch a bunch of arrogant america hating snots representing our country hoping to win in order to stick a finger in the eye of America and Americans.

So....no one is watching.

Now the left media, in an attempt to explain the lack of interest, blame the arrogant (woke) US athletes pretending that they are arrogant simply because they are American and therefore deserve to lose. Leftist media is lying again as usual. They know what the problem is...they are intentionally ignoring it to feed their fawners a load of crap that said fawners will no doubt gladly swallow. Get woke, go broke.

In 1984, Los Angeles did something unusual: it hosted the Olympics and turned a profit. The Games generated a surplus of more than $200 million, something no other host city had done since 1932—the only other time Los Angeles hosted the Olympics.

That has a partial paywall.

That's because in large part LA didn't build facilities for the events. There were some like the equestrian center and others that were temporary like the boating center at Lake Piru, but most events used already existing venues.

That's because in large part LA didn't build facilities for the events. There were some like the equestrian center and others that were temporary like the boating center at Lake Piru, but most events used already existing venues.

Chicken Dinner.

I watched skateboarding because it was the first time it was in the Olympics.
What a joke! All that I saw was contestants falling down most of the time with someone finally being declared a winner.
They need to yank this.

Forum List

Back