London 2012 Olympics Stuff

OK, I watched it. But was it really necessary to drag Ali back from the grave? He looked a mess. The cauldron was something else, though. I wasn't expecting that.

Spectacular is the word, I think. Brilliant concept.

On the whole, a great opening ceremony... hats off to the Brits for a reserved, fun, upbeat and well executed day. Not as flashy as Beijing, but you blew them out of the water with the cauldron. No contest.

Interesting factoid.... when Team GB came in, there was a mass of confetti launched. Apparently there is one piece of confetti for every single human being on the planet. Cool.

771490-puke_super.jpg

Yea, very politically correct and 'inclusive'. :lol:

Also... wtf was all that crap about the NHS in the Opening ceremony? Seriously... did not work.

What didn't work was the whole UN propaganda drive. Also, why on earth was Doreen Lawrence one of the flag carriers? I'm sick of the sight of her, her son and now her bloody wig.

What didn't work was the whole UN propaganda drive. Also, why on earth was Doreen Lawrence one of the flag carriers? I'm sick of the sight of her, her son and now her bloody wig.

Perhaps because the Lawrence Enquiry shook your policing to its core? I like her... and I feel desperately sorry for her loss.

I didn't get why Ban Ke Moon was involved tho. Fucking UN.

Personally, I think the cauldron was the best part. Absolutely fucking amazing.

Sorry...but I don't get it

Most of this has nothing to do with the Olympics and little to do with British culture

Watching the opening ceremonies televised here in the USA beginning at 7 p.m. but we recorded it so we're zapping the commercials.

Last edited:
OK - that's funny. International shooting event in Kuwait, and the Kuwaiti officials mistakenly played the mock Khazak national anthem from Borat instead of the real one.

Forum List

Back