London 2012 Olympics Stuff

I'm going to make every attempt to tune in and watch some of my favorite segments like diving and gymnastics. Thank you Comcast for my DVR.

Why can't we watch the opening ceremony live?

Ad revenue. NBC is banking on a primetime audience, even for tape delay, delivering higher ratings than a 4pm (ET) or 1pm (Pacific) airtime slot would deliver.

I read this earlier on the BBC site. A 'helpful hints' for travelers. Made me LMAO.

BBC News - London 2012: A 12-part guide to the UK in 212 words each

That's very funny. The third one, class, is classically explained in a stetch by John Cleese and The Two Ronnies from many years ago. This is the only example I can find I'm afraid, but it's still worth watching.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IX833o2QE]"I know my place" comedy sketch - YouTube[/ame]

LOL! A fried of mine from London is in Boston on business and can't see the Olympics, so his wife in England is pointing the iPad at the TV at home in London and he's watching via FaceTime. Fuck you NBC!

I gave up on the Olympics years ago when they had commercials every 3 minutes, (yeah, I timed them) and they wouldn't show what I wanted to see. I doubt they'll do any better with the London Olympics. It's all become too commercial.

LOL! A fried of mine from London is in Boston on business and can't see the Olympics, so his wife in England is pointing the iPad at the TV at home in London and he's watching via FaceTime. Fuck you NBC!

You are gonna love the Queen skydiving into the arena with James Bond. Hysterical! Who knew HRH had a sense of humor (or should I say humour)? LMAO

Let's see if London can top the opening ceremony from Beijing

Hard act to follow

An opening ceremony was so embarrassingly awful one almost wished for some Al-Q to sparkle up the event.

Hard act to follow

The Brits have made it very clear that they do not see their efforts as competition with Beijing. And rightly so. Each Olympic Opening ceremony is unique. But, naturally, some assholes make everything into an argument.

On the bright side, the Irish got a huge cheer. Again, rightly so.

Usain Bolt just came out carrying the flag. There's a gold medalist right there. Huge fan of the Bolt.

The French seemed a tad bitter walking out. I wonder why? #BritsBeatFrenchAgain. LMAO.

I'm off to Paris in September... I think I'll get a London 2012 t-shirt to wear. My bad.

Hard act to follow

The Brits have made it very clear that they do not see their efforts as competition with Beijing. And rightly so. Each Olympic Opening ceremony is unique. But, naturally, some assholes make everything into an argument.

Usain Bolt just came out carrying the flag. There's a gold medalist right there. Huge fan of the Bolt.

Good to see

Regardless, hope the Brits pull off a spectacular Olympics

You are gonna love the Queen skydiving into the arena with James Bond. Hysterical! Who knew HRH had a sense of humor (or should I say humour)? LMAO

Aaaargh! Spoiler alert!

Actually, I've been seeing a few stills on Mashable and Facebook. Stunned that we appear have staged something rather good.

Definitely setting the DVR.

Hard act to follow

Good to see

Regardless, hope the Brits pull off a spectacular Olympics

Having spent all that money, it would be a shame to greet the world with a damp rag.

Forum List

Back