LOL! GOP Senator Says Syria Never Would Have Gassed People If W Was Still President

This is downright hysterical :lol:

“I do believe if President Bush had told Bashar Assad ‘You don’t use those chemical weapons or you’re gonna be sorry, we’re coming after you, and this’ll be a consequence you will not want to bear,’ I don’t believe he would have used it.”

GOP. Sen: Syria Would Have Listened to Bush's Threats | Mediaite

You democrats gassed WACO,

We should have bombed your ass should we?

Waco should have had you up against the wall mother fucker. You gassed your own people.

WTF? Waco was a bunch of far right cult nutjobs and has nothing to do with this topic. You shouldn't post when you've been smoking meth again :cuckoo:

Last edited:
That's right, because W would have declared war on iran, syria, and libya long ago, sending us into the most ridiculous debt the nation has ever seen, and loss of american lives over GOP warmongering.

So you admit you are worng. Good because you're probably wrong about the rest of it too.

So you admit W would have done nothing but more chicken hawking, sending us into insane debt and into more pointless wars? Good to know

No, I said you were probably wrong about that too. Jesus can you not read? Maybe you cannot. That would explain your profound ignorance.

“I do believe if President Bush had told Bashar Assad ‘You don’t use those chemical weapons or you’re gonna be sorry, we’re coming after you, and this’ll be a consequence you will not want to bear,’ I don’t believe he would have used it.”

I'm certain he's right. If bush was still POTUS, the Muslim Brotherhood would not have made any of the gains they have made under obama. They would not be receiving billions of American taxpayer dollars to fund their civil war. Therefor, no gasing.

He's right and you are an idiot.

9/11 wouldn't have happened either under bush I guess.

I'm certain he's right. If bush was still POTUS, the Muslim Brotherhood would not have made any of the gains they have made under obama. They would not be receiving billions of American taxpayer dollars to fund their civil war. Therefor, no gasing.

He's right and you are an idiot.

9/11 wouldn't have happened either under bush I guess.

I think that that was a misguided attempt to be sarcastic. The point is obscured by your inability to think rationally coupled with an inability to understand the things you read.

Obama is giving billions to the muslim brotherhood, who are fighting in Syria. If Bush was still potus the muslim brotherhood wouldn't even have toppled the government in Egypt let alone tried anything in Syria. Even a pathetic partisan hack like you would have to admit that Bush would have backed the Egyptian Mubarek government. Therefor, no civil war in Syria and no WMDs needed.

I cannot dumb it down any further than that for you.

He, most likely, is right.

W didn''t have such a disastrous foreign policy as obabble does.

W won't help to oust Mubarak and support MB and now deal with Egypt in flames, W would, most likely, support the secular Iranian revolution so there won't be any problems either with Syria or with Iran today.

It is difficult for me to decide what would he do with Libya.

Watching Obama foreign policy is like watching a drunk navigate an obstacle course on a tricycle.

And that's a lenient and gracious comparison.

President + On the job training + inferior advisers = catastrophe.

Wmd's!

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
If Bush was president, he would never have given American support to Terrorists. Assad would have put the rebellion down in days. All those people would not have died with millions more not being displaced.

?

Syria has been on the list of State Sponsors of Terrorism since 1979.

You're telling us that George W Bush would have helped Assad, a sponsor of terrorism, against an uprising?

lolol. I'm glad I didn't close the dumbest post of the year contest with the idiocy you posted the other day.

well really what he said was true, but then we have a Democrat,Nancy Pelosi, who should've been kicked out of office for this blantent show of disrespect and interference with a President and OUR country and she should of been charged with siding with an enemy
http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...anting-to-go-to-war-in-syria.html#post7792407
.FLASHBACK-Pelosi shrugs off Bush criticism meets Assad
SNIP:
DAMASCUS, Syria — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi met Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday for talks criticized by the White House as undermining American efforts to isolate the hard-line Arab country.
Sept. 2, 2012, YORK, Pa. (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden said Sunday that Republican rival Mitt Romney is “ready to go to war in Syria and Iran” while hurting the middle class.

The warning came during a campaign stop in York, Pa., designed to promote President Barack Obama’s economic policies among white, working-class voters. The thrust of Biden’s pitch has been that America is digging out from the 2008 economic collapse and that Romney would take the country backward. But Biden, a foreign policy heavyweight, also cautioned voters that Romney would adopt policies that favor confrontation over cooperation.

THIS IS who you are siding with....Dirty lying people who one day they ARE AGAINST IT and the NEXT THEY ARE FOR IT and for them to make up their minds which way the are going to PLAY, it depends on what party holds the Presidency at that time.....they care more about Playing POLITICS for their PARTY..And you who they represent, they give you a thought every now and throw a bone your way every once in while to keep you happy and laugh because they KNOW whatever they do, you will be in their corner

Last edited:

There might be a grain of perverse logic here.

Maybe Syria would have been deterred if Bush were president because they might have guessed that if Bush wanted to take military action against Syria for using chemical weapons,

the Republicans would have dutifully supported his going to war, and not flip flopped for purely partisan reasons were Obama president and wanting to take the same military action.

Just more proof that the Republicans will undermine President Obama anytime anywhere.

That Jeff Sessions is an ignorant partisan idiot comes as no surprise.

If Sessions wants to play the game of ‘what if’ history, it can be argued that GWB’s illegal, unwarranted invasion of Iraq destabilized the entire region, allowing Iran undue influence in Iraq, Lebanon, and Syria, as well as strengthening such militant organizations as Hezbollah.

They knew W wasn't afraid of putting huge amts of money on our grandkid's credit cards (unpaid-for wars) :thup:

I forgot to add "whilst simultaneously showering tax-cuts on the wealthy"

As to the OP, is it any wonder that conservatives here favor stable (brutal) dictatorships over unpredictable democracies :rolleyes:

There might be a grain of perverse logic here.

Maybe Syria would have been deterred if Bush were president because they might have guessed that if Bush wanted to take military action against Syria for using chemical weapons,

the Republicans would have dutifully supported his going to war, and not flip flopped for purely partisan reasons were Obama president and wanting to take the same military action.

Just more proof that the Republicans will undermine President Obama anytime anywhere.

Absolutely. If we had W in office, he would lie again and claim Syria had all of saddam's non-existent WMD's and we need to immediately invade, which all the right wingers would support without question like the good sheep they are.

:lol:

The GOP is filled with delusional bumpkins. They really don't believe they made any mistakes while they were in power. Things were going fine until the Dems took over Congress, they say. Well, if things were so fine, then why did the Dems take over Congress? Maybe things weren't so fine!! But they refuse to acknowledge any errors on their part. It's really quite incredible to see the level of denial.

Forum List

Back