Former Bush Official Blasts GOP On Bergdahl: Bush Would Have Done The Same Thing

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Former Bush Official Blasts GOP On Bergdahl: Bush Would Have Done The Same Thing

A former Bush administration official broke with Republicans on Tuesday to defend President Obama’s prisoner exchange, arguing that since “the war in Afghanistan is winding down,” the United States would be required to return prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay back to Afghanistan.

“I don’t see how these particular Taliban officials could ever have been tried in the southern district of New York,” John Bellinger, who served as an adviser to President George W. Bush explained during an appearance on Fox News Tuesday. “They’re certainly some Al Qaeda detainees who committed actual terrorist acts against Americans who perhaps could have been tried in a federal court because they committed federal crimes, but these particular Taliban detainees I think could never have been tried in federal court.” Although some of the released prisoners posed a danger to the United States when they were captured in 2002, especially toward soldiers serving in Afghanistan, several of the detainees did not commit crimes against Americans.

*snip*

Asked about reports that Bergdahl deserted his unit, Bellinger added that the former hostage “will have to face justice, military justice.” “We don’t leave soldiers on the battlefield under any circumstance unless they have actually joined the enemy army,” he said. “He was a young 20-year-old. Young 20-year-olds make stupid decisions. I don’t think we’ll say if you make a stupid decision we’ll leave you in the hands of the Taliban.”

Though Cheney told Fox News on Monday that he would not have agreed to the deal, Bellinger stressed that the Bush administration “returned something like 500 detainees from Guantanamo.” Statistics from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence show that only 6 percent (5 in total) of Guantanamo detainees released during the Obama administration have potentially engaged in militant activities. That compares with a rate of nearly 30 percent under the Bush administration.

8ea43d15e41f31a80d919d9dbce6f981f9ee9bb666b0b09ec46e494a48395fb1.jpg

All of a sudden a bed wetter gives credibility to a Bush official...

Too bad it took you 6 fucking years moron...

Last edited:

A former Bush administration official broke with Republicans on Tuesday to defend President Obama’s prisoner exchange, arguing that since “the war in Afghanistan is winding down,” the United States would be required to return prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay back to Afghanistan.

“I don’t see how these particular Taliban officials could ever have been tried in the southern district of New York,” John Bellinger, who served as an adviser to President George W. Bush explained during an appearance on Fox News Tuesday. “They’re certainly some Al Qaeda detainees who committed actual terrorist acts against Americans who perhaps could have been tried in a federal court because they committed federal crimes, but these particular Taliban detainees I think could never have been tried in federal court.” Although some of the released prisoners posed a danger to the United States when they were captured in 2002, especially toward soldiers serving in Afghanistan, several of the detainees did not commit crimes against Americans.

*snip*

Asked about reports that Bergdahl deserted his unit, Bellinger added that the former hostage “will have to face justice, military justice.” “We don’t leave soldiers on the battlefield under any circumstance unless they have actually joined the enemy army,” he said. “He was a young 20-year-old. Young 20-year-olds make stupid decisions. I don’t think we’ll say if you make a stupid decision we’ll leave you in the hands of the Taliban.”

Though Cheney told Fox News on Monday that he would not have agreed to the deal, Bellinger stressed that the Bush administration “returned something like 500 detainees from Guantanamo.” Statistics from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence show that only 6 percent (5 in total) of Guantanamo detainees released during the Obama administration have potentially engaged in militant activities. That compares with a rate of nearly 30 percent under the Bush administration.

Looks like somebody got some face time in the media for saying what they wanted to hear.

The right wingers on this forum are not moderate , they are the extremist element...
The fringe extreme.

And, being the ignorants that they are, they will attack me for posting the words of a Bush official instead of addressing the OP.

Bush was a bad president, many if not most conservatives will admit that. When will liberals admit that Obama is a bad president?? Actually I'll take that back. Most liberals probably agree Obama is shit, but 99% of the libs on USMB will defend him no matter what. It's so pathetic.

*snip*

Looks like somebody got some face time in the media for saying what they wanted to hear.

He said it on the FOX Rumor Mill. That settles it!

Ex-Bush Official: GWB Would Have Made Same Deal To Free Sgt. Bergdahl As Obama

You almost gotta laugh. They used to blame Bush and now they claim that Bush would have "done the same thing" by releasing the terrorist dream team in exchange for a traitor. The notion is ludicrous.

:eusa_hand:

*snip*

Former Bush Official Gracie? Really? :badgrin::lol:

Fucking IDIOT

You know that some are desperately grasping for straws if they have to stoop to this as an attempt to defend the admin.:lol:

I know right. The guy they hate more than anyone. Now all of a sudden they're saying his guys said it was ok so it is. They'll do anything to try to defend him no matter what

Is this an endorsement or an condemnation? Which of the three stooges was smarter. Larry, Curly or Moe? Bush admin created this allusion of WMD's that will forever haunt us. Obama, he's got this stain of Bowe Burgdahl. Out of touch twits with no clue of the facts or what Americans really want.

You almost gotta laugh. The best defense that the radicals can come up with is convoluted editorializing to make it seem as if a Bush adviser .....MIGHT HAVE..... It's a sad time for lefties when they resort to such junk stuff.

You almost gotta laugh. They used to blame Bush and now they claim that Bush would have "done the same thing" by releasing the terrorist dream team in exchange for a traitor. The notion is ludicrous.

Definition of TRAITOR
: one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
: one who commits treason

According to the definition of Traitor

Bush and the warmongers are traitors.

Invading countries under false pretenses, lying us into war, placing our country in harms' way into order to support Israel is TREASONOUS to the max.

Progressive/liberals doing what they do best

REGRESSING back to someone else to take the heat off their dear wonderful leader..and get that stinkprogress title...HE BLAST THEM TO SMITHEREANS I GUESS

how depressing is regressives..sucks to be them

Last edited:
If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny. A scene right out of dumb and dumber. The war is not winding down and no country has ever released prisoners just because a battle was concluded.

You know that some are desperately grasping for straws if they have to stoop to this as an attempt to defend the admin.:lol:

You mean stooping to using the words of Republicans?

Or stooping to thinking that I can pass off a Republican as credible?

Forum List

Back