Chamber of Congress Pres: GOP has no chance if it blocks immigration reform

Should the GOP controlled HOR pass immigration reform in 2014?

• Total voters
Well, the GOP controls the House. To pass, legislation must pass the Harry Reid-controlled Senate and be signed by the Democrat HNIC. So the only way for the GOP to do that is to write a bill that reflects exactly what the Democrats want. Which isn't going to happen.
Who the fuck is this guy that we should listen to him? He is pimping for big companies who want cheap labor.

The bolded: for the uninitiated, HNIC stands for

Head Ni**er in Charge

This is the kind of person that Rabbi is. I wonder how our black Conservatives here in USMB feel about seeing a fellow Conservative do this kind of shit.

Now, to the content of Rabbi's posting. He just lied by saying that the House bill must be identical to the Senate bill. This is not true.

The House can pass a different version of such a bill, then it goes into conference and a compromise bill can come out of said conference, to be reviewed and either passed or not passed by both houses of Congress. It has happened literally hundreds of times before. That's also part of the process. There's a word for that:

America.

In choosing to pander to the TeaTards, the GOP is losing a generation of Hispanic voters

More important, they refuse to do the right thing

Which speaks volumes about their hated and bigotry of people who are not their skin color, faith or creed.

Funny that: Ronald Reagan, the great Conservative, was FOR immigration reform.

How the Right has forgotten...

Well, the GOP controls the House. To pass, legislation must pass the Harry Reid-controlled Senate and be signed by the Democrat HNIC. So the only way for the GOP to do that is to write a bill that reflects exactly what the Democrats want. Which isn't going to happen.
Who the fuck is this guy that we should listen to him? He is pimping for big companies who want cheap labor.

Head Ni**er in Charge

This is the kind of person that Rabbi is. I wonder how our black Conservatives here in USMB feel about seeing a fellow Conservative do this kind of shit.

Now, to the content of Rabbi's posting. He just lied by saying that the House bill must be identical to the Senate bill. This is not true.

The House can pass a different version of such a bill, then it goes into conference and a compromise bill can come out of said conference, to be reviewed and either passed or not passed by both houses of Congress. It has happened literally hundreds of times before. That's also part of the process. There's a word for that:

America.
Statisheilhitler proves he cannot read. Like that's news.
In fact the final House and Senate bill must be identical. I did not say that, even though it is true. You incorrectly inferred from my post.
My point stands: It is not up to the GOP to pass immigration reform. The Democrats in both the Senate and the WH must also approve it. The only way the GOP could get legislation enacted would be to pass a law that reflected exactly wha tthe Dems wanted. And that won't happen.

In choosing to pander to the TeaTards, the GOP is losing a generation of Hispanic voters

Which speaks volumes about their hated and bigotry of people who are not their skin color, faith or creed.

lmao!1

why are libs such idiots?

under Progressives Black and Hispanic people are getting POORER; while the richest get richer

AND NOBODY spews hatred at Black people like the Left does at black conservatives

what losers and idiotic hypocrites libs are

I disagree with this.

First, to give any kind of blanket amnesty isn't fair to a lot of Americans who can't find work right now, and it's not fair to those legal immigrants who followed the rules, got a sponsor, waited for a visa, paid their taxes and fees, and so on.

Second, if you give the current bunch Amnesty, what disincentive do you have for the next batch who want to sneak under a fence? Let's keep in mind, the last fix for this, Simpson-Mazolli, legalized 3 million illegals and was supposed to "fix" the problem. Now we have anywhere from 11- 20 million illegals.

Not that I am one of these wingnuts who thinks we need to build more fences, fences are useless.

I would be for allowing a provisional visa for the 11 million here which does not lead to citizenship and only allows continued residency for a fixed amount of time. At the end of that time, if they don't get into trouble and have proven their worth, then they can apply for a visa that leads to citizenship.

but what really, really needs to happen is to go back to all these Chamber of Commerce guys who are hiring the illegals to start with because they don't want to pay an American a fair wage. They are really at the root of this problem.

You mean all those Republicans are (gasp!) breaking the law?!?!?

Oh, noes!!!

lmao!1

under Progressives Black and Hispanic people are getting POORER; while the richest get richer

AND NOBODY spews hatred at Black people like the Left does at black conservatives

And yet, your Conservative icon, Ronald Reagan, was FOR immigration reform.

You can run from this fact, but you cannot hide from it.

I disagree with this.

First, to give any kind of blanket amnesty isn't fair to a lot of Americans who can't find work right now, and it's not fair to those legal immigrants who followed the rules, got a sponsor, waited for a visa, paid their taxes and fees, and so on.

Second, if you give the current bunch Amnesty, what disincentive do you have for the next batch who want to sneak under a fence? Let's keep in mind, the last fix for this, Simpson-Mazolli, legalized 3 million illegals and was supposed to "fix" the problem. Now we have anywhere from 11- 20 million illegals.

Not that I am one of these wingnuts who thinks we need to build more fences, fences are useless.

I would be for allowing a provisional visa for the 11 million here which does not lead to citizenship and only allows continued residency for a fixed amount of time. At the end of that time, if they don't get into trouble and have proven their worth, then they can apply for a visa that leads to citizenship.

but what really, really needs to happen is to go back to all these Chamber of Commerce guys who are hiring the illegals to start with because they don't want to pay an American a fair wage. They are really at the root of this problem.

You mean all those Republicans are (gasp!) breaking the law?!?!?

Oh, noes!!!
Link?

YAWN
the loser Left is saying if you dont support they're "reform" of immigration than you're racist.

what else do you expect from the Pandercrat Party but to divide Americans for their political gain?

lmao!1

And the US enacted reform under Simpson-Mazzoli in 1986. And that reform failed. And now Democrats want to double down on failure.
I realize that takes higher level thinking than you are capable of. To you it's just "MY TEAM" vs "THEIR TEAM". But public policy kinda requires at least 4 working brain cells. And you dont cut it.

lmao!1

we are for reform too idiot; just not amnesty

and Reagan's signing of the Dem amnesty bill was supposed to be part of a deal that included tighter border security

that is something the Left didnt do and STILL oppposes

you're a loser lying to HIMSELF

Head Ni**er in Charge

America.
In fact the final House and Senate bill must be identical. I did not say that, even though it is true. You incorrectly inferred from my post.
My point stands: It is not up to the GOP to pass immigration reform. The Democrats in both the Senate and the WH must also approve it. The only way the GOP could get legislation enacted would be to pass a law that reflected exactly wha tthe Dems wanted. And that won't happen.

No. you lied. The two bills must not be identical. A compromise bill can come out of committee, a third bill, and it can be approved or not approved by both houses, just as I said.

Since this issue has nothing to do with appropriations, it doesn't matter which house starts such a bill and the do NOT need to be identical. Again, that is what a compromise committee is for. You really ARE as stupid as I thought. Not only do you lie about electoral statistics, you lie about the most basic instruments of governance.

You are a bald faced liar.

Head Ni**er in Charge

America.

No. you lied. The two bills must not be identical. A compromise bill can come out of committee, a third bill, and it can be approved or not approved by both houses, just as I said.

Since this issue has nothing to do with appropriations, it doesn't matter which house starts such a bill and the do NOT need to be identical. Again, that is what a compromise committee is for. You really ARE as stupid as I thought. Not only do you lie about electoral statistics, you lie about the most basic instruments of governance.

YAWN
basically you're admitting what Dems want is a whole lot like AMNESTY; and Repubs want something more than that.

Head Ni**er in Charge

America.

You are a blithering idiot. Like that's news.
The bill passed that becomes law must be identical from both Houses. That isn't even a question. You admit it. You say so. I do not dispute it.
I do dispute that the GOP has some special onus to pass immigration legislation, when the real hold up is going to be Reid's Senate and the HNIC.

The bill passed that becomes law must be identical from both Houses. That isn't even a question. You admit it. You say so. I do not dispute it.
I do dispute that the GOP has some special onus to pass immigration legislation, when the real hold up is going to be Reid's Senate and the HNIC.

Of course, but it must not necessarily be the first bill, it can be a compromise bill that is hammered out after the two differing versions go into conference, but to get that far, the House must first pass a version of this bill. Once again, you are just trying to muddy things up because of your utter ignorance about governance. Your bad.

Of course, but it must not necessarily be the first bill, it can be a compromise bill that is hammered out after the two differing versions go into conference, but to get that far, the House must first pass a version of this bill. Once again, you are just trying to muddy things up because of your utter ignorance about governance. Your bad.

You bring up point that is irrelevant, call me names, and then admit I am right?

You are truly a galactic moron. No wonder you are merely pretending to be a Jew, Ahmed.

You bring up point that is irrelevant, call me names, and then admit I am right?

You are truly a galactic moron. No wonder you are merely pretending to be a Jew, Ahmed.

Actually, you have called me names, not the other way around. And that point about a compromise bill is the most relevant of our little discussion, for the whole world to see. The fact that you think it is irrelevant only goes to show how much ignorance of real facts you display, on a daily basis.

Your ignorance is only surpassed by your nastiness, a real Rabbi-hallmark.

Actually, you have called me names, not the other way around. And that point about a compromise bill is the most relevant of our little discussion, for the whole world to see. The fact that you think it is irrelevant only goes to show how much ignorance of real facts you display, on a daily basis.

Your ignorance is only surpassed by your nastiness, a real Rabbi-hallmark.

You misread my post and then claim I am ignorant. You dispute that for a bill to become law the identical bill must pass both Houses.
How are you totally humiliated by this exchange?

The small minority who oppose immigration reform should be told to get over it, it will happen.

No one can get elected on the latino vote alone. They just aren't the majority. Can the minority latino vote overcome the majority? No. 100% of the latino vote is still only about 12% of the whole.

How about we seal the boarder like any other country. Are we obligated to simply let anyone into the country at will? Seal the boarder fist then talk immigration reform The Chamber of commerce loves the cheap labor...Just like the rest of the Republican crony capitalist

Illegal Immigrants Do Take Jobs That Americans Want

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ue6wjPu6K8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ue6wjPu6K8[/ame]

Forum List

Back