GOP Senator: Even If Trump Meant It On The KKK, He's Still A Better Choice Than A Democrat

I didn't vote for Trump, but if he's the nominee, I will vote for him in Nov because the senator is right, any of the republicans would be better than the dems.

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) argued Tuesday that even if Donald Trump's controversial remarks about the KKK and David Duke were intentional, rather than a gaffe induced by a faulty earpiece, he's still a better choice for president than former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On Sunday, Trump was asked three times whether he would disavow the support of David Duke, a leading white supremacist. Three times, he dodged the question. He has since said he couldn't entirely hear the question, an assertion that is difficult to believe, given that Trump repeated Duke's name in his own answer at the time. (Trump later tweeted that he does indeed disavow Duke, although a number of white supremacists don't believe he meant it.)

Rounds' quote:

"Even if you're disappointed with the way he's responding to things, even if you're mad at him, you disagree with him, if he did it intentionally -- I don't think he did, I think he just made a mistake -- even if he did, they're still going to do a better job with him there than if you had Hillary or Bernie in his place."​

More: GOP Senator: Even If Trump Meant It On The KKK, He's Still A Better Choice Than A Democrat

As someone who used to vote more Republican than Democrat - I find Rounds' remarks especially repulsive.

Conservatives you don't have to wonder why the rest of the world thinks you are racist. Your party continually says crap like this.

Take-----a-----hint.

Do you really want us to quote the racist shit Democratic leaders have been caught saying for the 100th time?

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) argued Tuesday that even if Donald Trump's controversial remarks about the KKK and David Duke were intentional, rather than a gaffe induced by a faulty earpiece, he's still a better choice for president than former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On Sunday, Trump was asked three times whether he would disavow the support of David Duke, a leading white supremacist. Three times, he dodged the question. He has since said he couldn't entirely hear the question, an assertion that is difficult to believe, given that Trump repeated Duke's name in his own answer at the time. (Trump later tweeted that he does indeed disavow Duke, although a number of white supremacists don't believe he meant it.)

Rounds' quote:

"Even if you're disappointed with the way he's responding to things, even if you're mad at him, you disagree with him, if he did it intentionally -- I don't think he did, I think he just made a mistake -- even if he did, they're still going to do a better job with him there than if you had Hillary or Bernie in his place."​

More: GOP Senator: Even If Trump Meant It On The KKK, He's Still A Better Choice Than A Democrat

As someone who used to vote more Republican than Democrat - I find Rounds' remarks especially repulsive.

Conservatives you don't have to wonder why the rest of the world thinks you are racist. Your party continually says crap like this.

Take-----a-----hint.

Do you really want us to quote the racist shit Democratic leaders have been caught saying for the 100th time?

You continually live in denial and make excuses for what people in your party say. Knock yourself out, if you think both parties have the same reputation for racism you need to climb out from under that rock. It isn't even close. Doesn't matter what one or two 'examples' mean to you. Republicans are known for the racism, and the OP link is why.

Rounds' quote:

Take-----a-----hint.

You continually live in denial and make excuses for what people in your party say. Knock yourself out, if you think both parties have the same reputation for racism you need to climb out from under that rock. It isn't even close. Doesn't matter what one or two 'examples' mean to you. Republicans are known for the racism, and the OP link is why.

LMAO allow me to bitch slap the hell out of you on this issue. Who controls the inner cities that have sent millions of young blacks and Hispanics to prison? Yes the Democrats. Who buses millions of young black women off to abortion clinics? Yes again the Democrats. OUCH! :laugh:

Rounds' quote:

Take-----a-----hint.

LMAO allow me to bitch slap the hell out of you on this issue. Who controls the inner cities that have sent millions of young blacks and Hispanics to prison? Yes the Democrats. Who buses millions of young black women off to abortion clinics? Yes again the Democrats. OUCH! :laugh:

The Republican's first go to on any issue. Bring up a Red Herring and avoid answering the question.

Which answers the question does it not. You people don't take a hint, which only hurts you. Knock yourself out.

Forum List

Back