Loggers support Trump's claim that wildfires caused by 'poor forest management'

Genius of an idea.
The hurricane was a perfect strike on a target that could not take a direct hit....

Nah....Al Gore, Barry, & Hillary say it's Global Warming / Climate Change...'nuf said. :p

Of course, Gore also said New Orleans and miles of coastline would be under water by now due to the melting glaciers...

Bwuhahahaha....
Newsflash genius...without levies...New Orleans IS underwater

No kidding...was that due to melting glaciers?

Seems logical

A logger wants more money spent on logging

Loggers want an excuse to lower stumpage fees. That's the price they pay for the right to cut timber, which is based on the number of stumps they leave behind. American loggers have long complained that the lower stumpage fees paid by Canadian loggers result in Canada producing cheaper lumber and they can't compete. That's the basis of the softwood lumber dispute and why the US keeps levying tariffs against Canadian timber.

Canada has filed numerous complaints with the NAFTA Dispute Resolution Tribunal over this matter numerous times. The US has lost every case file and been ordered to return every dollar ever paid to the US government in tariffs.

I'm willing to bet American loggers will try to claim that they are saving the forests from fires and should be compensated for this work but not having to pay stumpage.

How have the policies, overseeing the forests in California worked out for them? How are their polices going to look when the mudslides start?

Why are you opposed to prudent, modern, forestry techniques?

Ca's Gov was on TV yesterday talking about how bad the air is to breathe there....how's that liberal government / policies working out?

Add in the evidence of a warning about possible fire before the fire started & ''global warming' is shot to hell...

Washington state figured it out.....why not Cali?

Washington uses prescribed burns to prevent wildfire - Washington's Working Forests

(The state Department of Natural Resources) employs the largest wildfire fighting force in the state – firefighters who have seen first-hand how treated forests help slow the spread of wildfire.

“In treated forests, our rates of spread are a lot lower,” said Austin Marshall, the agency’s fire unit manager in Kittitas County. “Our flame lengths are down lower, so it gives us more time to respond to it, and once we get to the fire, we’re able to get crews in there safely.”

In Central Washington, prescribed fires also help the natural landscape recover from more than a century of human meddling that, over time, made forests susceptible to dangerous megafires.

“Prescribed fire is the right fire, in the right place, for the right reasons,” said Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Fire Staff Officer Rob Allen. “It’s a proactive step – a choice to put fire to work for our communities and forests rather than just fight against it year after year.”

Support for President Trumps claim that forest management is to blame for the fires in California. When The Dims respond, we can shame them for attacking those hardworking loggers.

A national logging organization is offering support to President Trump following catastrophic wildfires in California and a political debate over the causes of the destructive blazes.

“President Trump blamed poor forest management for wildfires in California and throughout the West, and there is truth to statements he has made,” said Daniel Dructor, executive vice president of the American Loggers Council, a coalition of state and regional associations that represents independent contract loggers.

“It’s time to rise above political posturing and recognize that active forest management — including logging, thinning, grazing and controlled burning — are tools that can and must be used to reduce fire risks and help mitigate the impacts to landscapes,” Mr. Dructor said in a statement.

According to the council, some 60 million to 80 million acres of national forest are at “high, to very high, risk of catastrophic wildfire.”
I hope that's true and cannot be refuted.

But I learned the hard way that to save 3 patches of centennial pines (aka Tall Pines) on my property were lost because I kept them cleared. I thought that the brush that was there was deleterious to the trees. Nothing could be further from the truth. I mowed down blackberry vines because they didn't produce well, and other shrubbery. Well. until I caught on about leaving the undergrowth alone, I lost 3 of about 7 areas of tall pines. Now, I just mow the fence lines, but I only have pines growing in about 4 areas now, and they are never touched by me for removal, which has a deleterious effect on the trees--beetles take them over, they turn red, then 3 years later, all 120" of them is laying on the ground in 2 or 3 pieces where they died, were overtaken by carpenter (wood) ants and permanently weakened. The first group I lost was about 2 years after moving here. I had no idea what was causing the trees to die. It was clearing brush underneath them, and I too thought they looked nicer. They sure didn't look nicer when their branches fell off and a devastated trunk was all that was left of them.

So I hope my problem is irrelevant to the kind of conifers that grow in California, or if the clearing is partial and not related to losing the trees. I found 6 or 8 seedlings, left them alone, but all but 2 of them died anyway near where old trees fell, and it could be hungry animals stripped the smaller ones down to the ground for a meal.

If we could get the naturalists, the botanists, the loggers, the entomologists, the firefighters, and the politicians to agree, maybe they'll come up with something that will prosper the trees but that they will not be a fire hazard due to overplanting as was the case in some California areas in years long past.

Preventative burns produce carbon / a carbon footprint that creates / adds to global warming.

Better to do nothing, allow fires like this one, then blame global warming. :p

When 4,000,000 acres of Texas burned on Rick Perry’s watch…exactly 0 people seriously (or jokingly) suggested raking the floor of the forests. Nor is anyone seriously suggesting it in California.

The common thread is the drought conditions in both places. Dry timberland burns.

Wasn't that the result of 31,400 fires in Texas in 2011?

Newsflash Rusky! New Orleans WAS underwater, when Katrina destroyed the levys. When they rebuilt them, they built them higher and strong in antipation of bigger storms and continued melting of the polar caps. Louisiana may be a red state the City of New Orleans had been warned for years by the Army Corps of Engineers that the levys would not hold if New Orleans sustained a direct hit by a Category 3 Hurricane or above. When they rebuilt the levys, that took into consideration the stronger storms and higher tides cause by the melting of the polar caps. The government may officially deny climate change but the Army takes it very seriously and have contingency plans for climate catastrophes.

I went back myself as far as April 1946. Every mayor of New Orleans has been a Democrat. Former Mayor Ray Nagin is currently serving time in prison after being convicted on 20 of 21 counts of fraud and corruption. He was the mayor of New Orleans when Katrina struck.

Have you read up on the corruption among the various levee boards in New Orleans?

As you know too, Governor Blanco, also a Democrat, was in office when Katrina struck as well.

Both the Camp Fire in Paradise and the Woolsey Fire in Thousand Oaks, which caused much devastation, occurred on privately owned forest

Study: Wildfires Burn More Severely On Private Timber Plantations Than Public Forests

Study co-author Chris Dunn of Oregon State University says federal forests (BLM- or Forest Service-managed) still burn severely. And the exclusion of fire in the 20th century likely means the wildfires across public lands are burning hotter than they did historically.

But he said tree plantations on commercial timberland play a larger role in severe wildfire than is often acknowledged.

“To me it means that they share in the responsibility in this checkerboard landscape to the overall picture of fire risk,” Dunn said. “It’s not the full picture, but it’s part of it. But if they contribute to part of it, then they share in that responsibility.”

Both the Camp Fire in Paradise and the Woolsey Fire in Thousand Oaks, which caused much devastation, occurred on privately owned forest

Study: Wildfires Burn More Severely On Private Timber Plantations Than Public Forests

Study co-author Chris Dunn of Oregon State University says federal forests (BLM- or Forest Service-managed) still burn severely. And the exclusion of fire in the 20th century likely means the wildfires across public lands are burning hotter than they did historically.

But he said tree plantations on commercial timberland play a larger role in severe wildfire than is often acknowledged.

“To me it means that they share in the responsibility in this checkerboard landscape to the overall picture of fire risk,” Dunn said. “It’s not the full picture, but it’s part of it. But if they contribute to part of it, then they share in that responsibility.”

These wildfires are being set purposely using a litany of weapons to drive people off of their property and it's all a part of Agenda 21/ Agenda 2030. The west is particularly important to the global elites. No one can tell me how these fires burn down and destroy granite counter-tops but leave trees standing mere feet away from the property.

22406562_2013272835581965_6681986721440375686_n.jpg

Support for President Trumps claim that forest management is to blame for the fires in California. When The Dims respond, we can shame them for attacking those hardworking loggers.

A national logging organization is offering support to President Trump following catastrophic wildfires in California and a political debate over the causes of the destructive blazes.

“President Trump blamed poor forest management for wildfires in California and throughout the West, and there is truth to statements he has made,” said Daniel Dructor, executive vice president of the American Loggers Council, a coalition of state and regional associations that represents independent contract loggers.

“It’s time to rise above political posturing and recognize that active forest management — including logging, thinning, grazing and controlled burning — are tools that can and must be used to reduce fire risks and help mitigate the impacts to landscapes,” Mr. Dructor said in a statement.

According to the council, some 60 million to 80 million acres of national forest are at “high, to very high, risk of catastrophic wildfire.”

I live in the mountains--there are 2 types of fires. Ground fires that spread and ones that are spread by wind.

Ground fires can be stopped around populated areas by good fire mitigation, raking pine needles--cutting lower branches on trees up to a height of 6 to 8 feet from the ground--but you're not going to stop a wind blown fires that jump from trees to houses. PERIOD. That's what has gone on in California. Dry windy conditions are always a recipe for disaster.

California is suffering from climate change--and we see abnormal weather patterns everywhere. Denying it is just plain downright stupid.

I live in the mountains--there are 2 types of fires. Ground fires that spread and ones that are spread by wind.

Ground fires can be stopped around populated areas by good fire mitigation, raking pine needles--cutting lower branches on trees up to a height of 6 to 8 feet from the ground--but you're not going to stop a wind blown fires that jump from trees to houses. PERIOD. That's what has gone on in California. Dry windy conditions are always a recipe for disaster.

California is suffering from climate change--and we see abnormal weather patterns everywhere. Denying it is just plain downright stupid.

Here is your "climate change", dumb ass.....

14183711_1586996388270941_3843585490095024854_n.jpg
24232563_1765981417039103_3367585268163836453_n.jpg

What's abnormal climate?

Oh my God.

There are forests.

Then there are cities.

Then there are the areas in between.

The fires are actually in the inbetween area. That's why more than 10,000 buildings have been destroyed.

See this picture? The forest in the background doesn't look as bad as the buildings that used to be there in the front.

Fires Blaze on 2 Ends of California, Kill 25
800FireCaliforniaAP.jpg

Check this out:

Camp-Fire-California-Getty-Images.jpg

Camp Fire Update: More Than 1,000 People Missing, 71 Dead in California's Deadliest Wildfire

Looks like the trees are the only things that are left.

The reason Finland is laughing at Trump is because the fires aren't actually happening in the forest. They are happening where the buildings are.

We will let our USMB Republican scientists come up with an explanation. They are good at that. GOP scientific explanations are highly entertaining and always weird.

California-Fires-2017-02.jpg

8874870_web1_L-Santa-Rosa-Ruins-2-EDH-171012.jpg

These wildfires are being set purposely using a litany of weapons to drive people off of their property and it's all a part of Agenda 21/ Agenda 2030. The west is particularly important to the global elites. No one can tell me how these fires burn down and destroy granite counter-tops but leave trees standing mere feet away from the property.

View attachment 229840
Trump said not enough rakes.

Republicans believe him.

He has a really good brain and knows lots of words.

View attachment 229840

Your photo shows nothing of the sort.

Conspiraloon-M.jpg

View attachment 229840

Your photo shows nothing of the sort.

Conspiraloon-M.jpg
12038117_10207857289377328_906883186108388670_n.jpg
12038117_10207857289377328_906883186108388670_n.jpg

Forum List

Back