Loggers support Trump's claim that wildfires caused by 'poor forest management'

When 4,000,000 acres of Texas burned on Rick Perry’s watch…exactly 0 people seriously (or jokingly) suggested raking the floor of the forests. Nor is anyone seriously suggesting it in California.

The common thread is the drought conditions in both places. Dry timberland burns.

You do realize that wildfires are exceedingly rare in Texas right?
We get too much rain for it to be a real problem.

Support for President Trumps claim that forest management is to blame for the fires in California. When The Dims respond, we can shame them for attacking those hardworking loggers.

A national logging organization is offering support to President Trump following catastrophic wildfires in California and a political debate over the causes of the destructive blazes.

“President Trump blamed poor forest management for wildfires in California and throughout the West, and there is truth to statements he has made,” said Daniel Dructor, executive vice president of the American Loggers Council, a coalition of state and regional associations that represents independent contract loggers.

“It’s time to rise above political posturing and recognize that active forest management — including logging, thinning, grazing and controlled burning — are tools that can and must be used to reduce fire risks and help mitigate the impacts to landscapes,” Mr. Dructor said in a statement.

According to the council, some 60 million to 80 million acres of national forest are at “high, to very high, risk of catastrophic wildfire.”
Why did Trump lie about talking to the Finnish President about how they prevent forest fires by raking the leaves. The man just cannot tell the truth.

Washington state figured it out.....why not Cali?

Washington uses prescribed burns to prevent wildfire - Washington's Working Forests

(The state Department of Natural Resources) employs the largest wildfire fighting force in the state – firefighters who have seen first-hand how treated forests help slow the spread of wildfire.

“In treated forests, our rates of spread are a lot lower,” said Austin Marshall, the agency’s fire unit manager in Kittitas County. “Our flame lengths are down lower, so it gives us more time to respond to it, and once we get to the fire, we’re able to get crews in there safely.”

In Central Washington, prescribed fires also help the natural landscape recover from more than a century of human meddling that, over time, made forests susceptible to dangerous megafires.

“Prescribed fire is the right fire, in the right place, for the right reasons,” said Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Fire Staff Officer Rob Allen. “It’s a proactive step – a choice to put fire to work for our communities and forests rather than just fight against it year after year.”

The area in question was burnt off ten years ago... There is no way to responsibly do that in a extended drought.

I will also point out that a larger part if not most of the land in question is federal land. So the excuse he using to blame California should be his fault..
Trump blames state for fires, but many of the worst on federal land

Instead of managing the problem and accepting that there is only so much he could have done in managing the Federal Land that burnt and then went to Private Land. I think some said that only a very small percentage of the land was state land (no cite for that ).

But Trump default is blame everyone instead on managing the problem. This should have been simple disaster management but in Trump's mind (zero sum game) there has to be a winner and a loser out of this...

Nah....Al Gore, Barry, & Hillary say it's Global Warming / Climate Change...'nuf said. :p

Of course, Gore also said New Orleans and miles of coastline would be under water by now due to the melting glaciers...

Bwuhahahaha....
Newsflash genius...without levies...New Orleans IS underwater
News flash, dumbass - Gore said it WITH levies and miles of all other US coastline would be under water by now.

link?

Support for President Trumps claim that forest management is to blame for the fires in California. When The Dims respond, we can shame them for attacking those hardworking loggers.

A national logging organization is offering support to President Trump following catastrophic wildfires in California and a political debate over the causes of the destructive blazes.

“President Trump blamed poor forest management for wildfires in California and throughout the West, and there is truth to statements he has made,” said Daniel Dructor, executive vice president of the American Loggers Council, a coalition of state and regional associations that represents independent contract loggers.

“It’s time to rise above political posturing and recognize that active forest management — including logging, thinning, grazing and controlled burning — are tools that can and must be used to reduce fire risks and help mitigate the impacts to landscapes,” Mr. Dructor said in a statement.

According to the council, some 60 million to 80 million acres of national forest are at “high, to very high, risk of catastrophic wildfire.”
Why did Trump lie about talking to the Finnish President about how they prevent forest fires by raking the leaves. The man just cannot tell the truth.

And remember, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine how many lies he tells that are never made public. Woodward’s book touches on the subject here and there. I imagine it only touches the surface though

Nah....Al Gore, Barry, & Hillary say it's Global Warming / Climate Change...'nuf said. :p

Of course, Gore also said New Orleans and miles of coastline would be under water by now due to the melting glaciers...

Bwuhahahaha....
Newsflash genius...without levies...New Orleans IS underwater

It's been sinking for a long time.

If someone would have just paid Al Gore for more CARBON CREDITS the fire would never have started...

:p

Of course they would have. The problem with CA forestry started way before Al Gore and Global Warming nonsense.

I hope that's true and cannot be refuted.

But I learned the hard way that to save 3 patches of centennial pines (aka Tall Pines) on my property were lost because I kept them cleared. I thought that the brush that was there was deleterious to the trees. Nothing could be further from the truth. I mowed down blackberry vines because they didn't produce well, and other shrubbery. Well. until I caught on about leaving the undergrowth alone, I lost 3 of about 7 areas of tall pines. Now, I just mow the fence lines, but I only have pines growing in about 4 areas now, and they are never touched by me for removal, which has a deleterious effect on the trees--beetles take them over, they turn red, then 3 years later, all 120" of them is laying on the ground in 2 or 3 pieces where they died, were overtaken by carpenter (wood) ants and permanently weakened. The first group I lost was about 2 years after moving here. I had no idea what was causing the trees to die. It was clearing brush underneath them, and I too thought they looked nicer. They sure didn't look nicer when their branches fell off and a devastated trunk was all that was left of them.

So I hope my problem is irrelevant to the kind of conifers that grow in California, or if the clearing is partial and not related to losing the trees. I found 6 or 8 seedlings, left them alone, but all but 2 of them died anyway near where old trees fell, and it could be hungry animals stripped the smaller ones down to the ground for a meal.

If we could get the naturalists, the botanists, the loggers, the entomologists, the firefighters, and the politicians to agree, maybe they'll come up with something that will prosper the trees but that they will not be a fire hazard due to overplanting as was the case in some California areas in years long past.

You know, they do make stuff that keeps bugs out of trees. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Both the Camp Fire in Paradise and the Woolsey Fire in Thousand Oaks, which caused much devastation, occurred on privately owned forest

Study: Wildfires Burn More Severely On Private Timber Plantations Than Public Forests

Study co-author Chris Dunn of Oregon State University says federal forests (BLM- or Forest Service-managed) still burn severely. And the exclusion of fire in the 20th century likely means the wildfires across public lands are burning hotter than they did historically.

But he said tree plantations on commercial timberland play a larger role in severe wildfire than is often acknowledged.

“To me it means that they share in the responsibility in this checkerboard landscape to the overall picture of fire risk,” Dunn said. “It’s not the full picture, but it’s part of it. But if they contribute to part of it, then they share in that responsibility.”

These wildfires are being set purposely using a litany of weapons to drive people off of their property and it's all a part of Agenda 21/ Agenda 2030. The west is particularly important to the global elites. No one can tell me how these fires burn down and destroy granite counter-tops but leave trees standing mere feet away from the property.

View attachment 229840

Moisture and combustability

Ever boil water in a paper cup? The water prevents the paper from reaching the temperature to burn

Trees have water inside them, houses don't.
The house will burn, while the trees around them don't

I live in the mountains--there are 2 types of fires. Ground fires that spread and ones that are spread by wind.

Ground fires can be stopped around populated areas by good fire mitigation, raking pine needles--cutting lower branches on trees up to a height of 6 to 8 feet from the ground--but you're not going to stop a wind blown fires that jump from trees to houses. PERIOD. That's what has gone on in California. Dry windy conditions are always a recipe for disaster.

California is suffering from climate change--and we see abnormal weather patterns everywhere. Denying it is just plain downright stupid.

Here is your "climate change", dumb ass.....

View attachment 229841 View attachment 229842
The Gubmint puts chemicals in those chem trails that mess with your mind.

One of the chemicals gives me a hard on every time they pass

My wife always smiles when she sees chem trails

If someone would have just paid Al Gore for more CARBON CREDITS the fire would never have started...

:p

Of course they would have. The problem with CA forestry started way before Al Gore and Global Warming nonsense.

I hope that's true and cannot be refuted.

But I learned the hard way that to save 3 patches of centennial pines (aka Tall Pines) on my property were lost because I kept them cleared. I thought that the brush that was there was deleterious to the trees. Nothing could be further from the truth. I mowed down blackberry vines because they didn't produce well, and other shrubbery. Well. until I caught on about leaving the undergrowth alone, I lost 3 of about 7 areas of tall pines. Now, I just mow the fence lines, but I only have pines growing in about 4 areas now, and they are never touched by me for removal, which has a deleterious effect on the trees--beetles take them over, they turn red, then 3 years later, all 120" of them is laying on the ground in 2 or 3 pieces where they died, were overtaken by carpenter (wood) ants and permanently weakened. The first group I lost was about 2 years after moving here. I had no idea what was causing the trees to die. It was clearing brush underneath them, and I too thought they looked nicer. They sure didn't look nicer when their branches fell off and a devastated trunk was all that was left of them.

So I hope my problem is irrelevant to the kind of conifers that grow in California, or if the clearing is partial and not related to losing the trees. I found 6 or 8 seedlings, left them alone, but all but 2 of them died anyway near where old trees fell, and it could be hungry animals stripped the smaller ones down to the ground for a meal.

If we could get the naturalists, the botanists, the loggers, the entomologists, the firefighters, and the politicians to agree, maybe they'll come up with something that will prosper the trees but that they will not be a fire hazard due to overplanting as was the case in some California areas in years long past.

You know, they do make stuff that keeps bugs out of trees. :rolleyes:
You know, they do make stuff that keeps bugs out of trees.
You know, the tall pines of Walker county, TX grow to be 120-150' tall. And one 5' person trying to spray that high is spitting a lot of poison half that high that eventually finds its way down to where the bees are buzzing and pollinating the 'undergrowth' that protects the roots of the tall pines. That ain't gonna be repeated on my property in this life. 20 years after a 'safe' bug killer lands on the market, people start having carcinogenic issues in their bodies. And that ain't gonna happen to me and mine if I can help it. And bugs only attack weakened trees that some citified newcomer like me didn't know were weakened by messing with ground cover around the trees that have been growing there for a century.
:aug08_031:

Last edited:
Seems logical

A logger wants more money spent on logging

Yeah..imagine that.

Spend money on logging...or.....

1. Spend it rebuilding houses.
2. Spend it fighting fires.
3. Spend it burying people killed in the fires.

How stupid are those guys anyway ?

States have their own unique problems. We have a federal Corps of Engineers to establish federal Standards to simplify State solutions. A State Corps of Engineers should be able to complement any federal Corps.

California can use more watershed storage. State Capitalism can pioneer the way, like usual; and let the private sector specialize in any given market sector.

Anyone want to take my bet that the Trump Administration and the big players in the logging industry will now strike a deal to have the logging industry take over “forest management” on federal lands and eliminating the need for the forest service, in exchange for the elimination of stumpage fees.

Trump will try to sell this as a HUGE tax savings for the American people by either lying about or completely ignoring how much revenue the Federal government receives in stumpage fees, and the costs in environmental damage, including landslides, floods and other problems associated with logging industry tactics. After all, clear cutting completely eliminates the potential for forest fires.

Forum List

Back