Liz Cheney lies again

Eder, glad you see the debate within as a win. No Presidents have greeted WAR dead during the time period I stated. Reagan was at a ceremony, but we were not at war it was a terrorist act.

The link you requested:
TimesOnline.com: *Obama visits Dover AFB to honor fallen soldiers

Key part:

"The Pentagon this year lifted its 18-year ban on media covering the return of U.S. service members killed in action if family permission is provided. With Obama in attendance, the media were to witness the transfer of one fallen soldier: Sgt. Dale R. Griffin of Terre Haute, Ind.

Obama walked along with the official party onto the huge, gray cargo plane, its hatch open. They emerged one by one, the president last, forming a line of honor.

The flag-draped remains of Griffin were carried off the plane by six Army soldiers in fatigues and black berets. Obama and the officials salute. The transfer case then was placed in a white van to be taken to the mortuary facility on the base.

The rest of the solemn morning was kept out of sight of the press on family wishes."

yeah, debate within is great.

your link does not support your talking point.

he met with the family of one of the 18, that is a fact.

that only one family AGREED to do this, that is speculation.

can you support that?

i also don't buy your WAR dead exemption, dead military personnel is dead military personnel.

I take the bold sections and the fact no other families have come forward as a pretty good sign. Political positioning happens during war, not so much on a terrorist attack.

103009jm.jpg

there wouldn't have been 4000+ soldiers families to "pester" if Bush and Cheney hadn't invaded Iraq in the first place.

Very good post and political cartoon. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I remember hearing a story about Bush when they were getting ready to go into Iraq. He had an anti-Hussein Iraq at the White House to talk about the situation in Iraq. The Iraqii was talking about the dynamics between the Sunnis and the Shiia when Bush interrupted him. "But, I thought they were all Muslim", said Bush.

Eder, glad you see the debate within as a win. No Presidents have greeted WAR dead during the time period I stated. Reagan was at a ceremony, but we were not at war it was a terrorist act.

The link you requested:

Key part:

"The Pentagon this year lifted its 18-year ban on media covering the return of U.S. service members killed in action if family permission is provided. With Obama in attendance, the media were to witness the transfer of one fallen soldier: Sgt. Dale R. Griffin of Terre Haute, Ind.

Obama walked along with the official party onto the huge, gray cargo plane, its hatch open. They emerged one by one, the president last, forming a line of honor.

The flag-draped remains of Griffin were carried off the plane by six Army soldiers in fatigues and black berets. Obama and the officials salute. The transfer case then was placed in a white van to be taken to the mortuary facility on the base.

The rest of the solemn morning was kept out of sight of the press on family wishes."

can you support that?

i also don't buy your WAR dead exemption, dead military personnel is dead military personnel.

I take the bold sections and the fact no other families have come forward as a pretty good sign. Political positioning happens during war, not so much on a terrorist attack.
So it is only an assumption on your part.

Thanks.

She has a valid point. Why show up there asking if he can make a public display of himself honoring these troops who died and possibly died because of his stupid ass policies of not firing on insurgents if they were firing from a Mosque or if there are civilians present.

When he shows me that he has the gonads to be a CinC then I will have no problem with him pestering families of our heroes.

What dumb fucks like you don't realize is that only the Muslims can defeat extremism.

can you support that?

Thanks.

Yes, but don't you think the article would have mentioned meeting other families, if it had happened? It was a photo/media op. I don't see many disputing that point, which was Liz Cheney's point.

Thanks.

Yes, but don't you think the article would have mentioned meeting other families, if it had happened? It was a photo/media op. I don't see many disputing that point, which was Liz Cheney's point.

Maybe we have a President who doesn't force himself on grieving families unless they request it. Think about that for a sec.

The link you requested:

Key part:

can you support that?

political positioning happens all the time, especially after 9/11.

my interpretation for the 1 of 18 thing is more benign.

for the photo op they needed only one casket.

DELAWARE: Obama honors fallen Americans at Dover AFB | delmarvanow.com | The Daily Times
His name was Dale R. Griffin, an Army sergeant from Terre Haute, Ind. He was the last fallen soldier to come before Obama. And his remains were the only ones of the 18 to be honored in full view of the media. An 18-year ban on such coverage, dating to the 1991 Gulf War and strengthened by Bush, was relaxed this year under Obama's watch, allowing families to decide whether cameras can document the return. Nearly two-thirds have said yes.

i don't believe the 17 other families turned evil obama down. if so, this would also come to light, no?

and here another story:

Obama meets with family of fallen Mass. Marine - The Boston Globe

warning: no photo op, positive report of obama.

Thanks.

Maybe we have a President who doesn't force himself on grieving families unless they request it. Think about that for a sec.

Oh he tried, he just failed 17 of 18 times. Major decision on the war effort pending and he runs out for a military photo op.

Oh he tried, he just failed 17 of 18 times. Major decision on the war effort pending and he runs out for a military photo op.

:lol::lol:

thanks for showing your true interest in this political game.

She has a valid point. Why show up there asking if he can make a public display of himself honoring these troops who died and possibly died because of his stupid ass policies of not firing on insurgents if they were firing from a Mosque or if there are civilians present.

When he shows me that he has the gonads to be a CinC then I will have no problem with him pestering families of our heroes.

What dumb fucks like you don't realize is that only the Muslims can defeat extremism.

Shows why we have civilians as Commander in Chief

When you fire into a groug of Afghanis and kill one insurgent and ten civilians you are not winning the war.
Your mentality of "Kill them all and let God sort them out" is not winning any friends over there.
We can't indescriminantly kill non-combatants and expect them to support us in our effort.

The thread puts forth the position Liz Cheney lied about Obama's motivation for attending the Dover ceremony. That has been shown to be wrong. Your guy (Obama) has been shown for what he is. Attacking Liz Cheney isn't helping the debate on what we need to do in Afghanistan. Attending ceremonies isn't either. Obama has had 14 months of defense briefings to educate himself and declare a policy. Time is up. Why no decision? Obama doesn't want division in the Democratis party during the health care vote, so we delays at the expense of soldiers.

I hated Bush and support Obama.

But I would NEVER question the motives of a President who honors our wounded or fallen soldiers. We cannot do enough for these men and to turn the act of honoring our dead into a political football is despicable

If Obama really held our dead in any regard, he would MAKE A FUCKING DECISION, not show up and salute - and it's a sad day when our POTUS can't even damned well salute.

He did make a decision to send an additional 20,000 soldiers into the fight.

It is the additional 70,000 that is causing concern. Presidents can't just rubber stamp requests for additional troops. That is why we have a civilian Commander in Chief.

Lincoln fought requests by MacClellen for hundreds of thousands of additional troops and he was right.
LBJ rubber stamped VietNam requests and he was wrong.

I expect a President to be cautious in sending our boys into harms way. Look what happened to Bush in Iraq
He has made NO decision to send those in harms way the help they have requested or to pull them out of harms way. That request was made Labor Day. BHO has made NO decision since then, even when the boots on the ground told him several times that time is critical. Nothing from BHO. Zip. Still.

The thread puts forth the position Liz Cheney lied about Obama's motivation for attending the Dover ceremony. That has been shown to be wrong. Your guy (Obama) has been shown for what he is. Attacking Liz Cheney isn't helping the debate on what we need to do in Afghanistan. Attending ceremonies isn't either. Obama has had 14 months of defense briefings to educate himself and declare a policy. Time is up. Why no decision? Obama doesn't want division in the Democratis party during the health care vote, so we delays at the expense of soldiers.
No it has not been "shown to be wrong."

You have people who hate Obama who have decided they think they know the motivation for Obama attending the Dover "ceremony."

That is all you have shown.

Last edited:

it was shown that liz lied. liz cheney attacking obama is not helping the debate. attending the ceremony (btw it is not called a ceremony, there is nothing to celebrate, it is called dignified transfer) does not hinder the decision making.

while i am not an obama basher, he certainly is not my guy.

afghanistan is a big problem, and your input does not help either.

keep bashing and complaining about political games while fully participating.

Last edited:
Very good post and political cartoon. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I remember hearing a story about Bush when they were getting ready to go into Iraq. He had an anti-Hussein Iraq at the White House to talk about the situation in Iraq. The Iraqii was talking about the dynamics between the Sunnis and the Shiia when Bush interrupted him. "But, I thought they were all Muslim", said Bush.
Nothing but bullshit without a link or a reference.

Hate Obama? Got proof? I dislike many of his positions and policies. He is an interesting person. Got to use the hate word?

Bush met with military family, in private, without cameras, on many occassions. No presidents have done what Obama has done in the last 44 years.

Why is Obama different? He did it for publicity. It was after midnight, with only one of 18 families agreeing to let him do it. In the last month, only one camera crew has been present for these ceremonies. Pretty strange Obama has coverage huh?

If he wants to honor military service, lay out a clear plan on what we are doing in Afghanistan and how we are going to do it. He has had since August of 2008 to learn what is going on. Fourteen months is enough Mr. President. Stop the political games.

You realize we've been in Afghanistan for 8 years, right?

Why your right, why didn't Obama come up with a decision 6 years ago?

You realize Obama has been in office 10 months right?

Obama wasn't president 6 years ago. Are you pretending to be an idiot for Halloween?

You realize we've been in Afghanistan for 8 years, right?

Why your right, why didn't Obama come up with a decision 6 years ago?

You realize Obama has been in office 10 months right?

Obama wasn't president 6 years ago. Are you pretending to be an idiot for Halloween?

I simply reflected your statements. Thanks for admitting statements like that are those of an idiot. You just punked yourself. I have no problem with entitlements for the truly mentally challenged. Go pick up your check.

Forum List

Back