Liz Cheney lies again

It's hysterical that you whined about being thought of as one who uses (or even knows) what critical thought is elsewhere this evening then you post this garbage. As I said, demonstrate an ability to apply critical thought and perhaps someone may believe you even know what it is.

I answered your question above. You asked how I came to my conclusion. What you call a 'conclusion' (LMAO) is my opinion that I agree with her. I answered above. Read.

And, as to your accusation that I actually put weight on the rep system, that is nothing but cheap talk and remains bullshit until you support it with something of substance.

you are putting weight on the rep system. you do it by neg repping posts you sometimes do not even read, instead of answering them on the open board. as usual, you fail.
Yet again, you are not focusing on the topic. (Man, I love the opportunity to bump the actual topic again and again. :lol:) The topic is the fact that Liz Cheney said that BHO's visit to Dover was for publicity - nothing sincere about it, except for publicity.

Cheney is just another tedious example of the right wing having to find SOMETHING negative to say about every single thing the President does.

You're still not focusing on the actual topic which is the fact that Liz Cheney said that BHO's visit to Dover was for publicity - nothing sincere about it.

dover? what is liz cheney doing in the UK? are tax payers getting ripped again? i am concerned.
Fascinating. You need to read the actual OP. That's in post no. 1, by the way. When you've read it, perhaps you'll be able to have some substance and relevance of input.

OK. Read it again. Liz Cheney dishonestly implied that Bush went to Dover privately, without cameras, publicity, etc.

dover? what is liz cheney doing in the UK? are tax payers getting ripped again? i am concerned.
Fascinating. You need to read the actual OP. That's in post no. 1, by the way. When you've read it, perhaps you'll be able to have some substance and relevance of input.

OK. Read it again. Liz Cheney dishonestly implied that Bush went to Dover privately, without cameras, publicity, etc.
Duh. Read the thread.

Condi Rice's former boss is delusional. She should shut her trap. She and her shooter dad may have some federal legal problems in the near future. I hope so. That's why we hear so much filth spewing from her and her daddy's mouths.

THEY LIE

As a US citizen, Liz Cheney is gifted with freedom of speech. As are you. Perhaps you should try using it wisely and not seeking to silence people with whom you disagree. Idiot.

i am so disappointed, since i tried to be on topic, si modo does not want to play.

EDIT: right now si modo pretends to be very reasonable in another thread and avoids this one, as it is ON TOPIC
Man, I missed this demonstration of what colossal idiocy you post. :lol: I cannot be two places at once. But, I do thank you for finally being on topic in at least one post of yours in this thread (not this one). Lose the sensitivity and you might not look the fool.

that is not the only thing you missed. i will not always put an emoticon or sarcasm tags onto my posts, so that you will know how to interpret them. you might want to use a little of your vast inteeligeents. (here: attack the speelling, doggy).

it is not enough to bark: read the thread, stay on-topic, when you get served.

the topic as presented by the op is "liz cheney lies". she "lied", you admitted it, as gwb was not doing the same as bho but without cameras. you gloss over that to share the relevant information that you agree with someone bashing obama, duh. this thread is not about you. and it is not about obama. or is liz' father on topic again? you can't decide what is on or off topic, but your double standard is strong! rock on.

Bush met with military family, in private, without cameras, on many occassions. No presidents have done what Obama has done in the last 44 years.

Why is Obama different? He did it for publicity. It was after midnight, with only one of 18 families agreeing to let him do it. In the last month, only one camera crew has been present for these ceremonies. Pretty strange Obama has coverage huh?

If he wants to honor military service, lay out a clear plan on what we are doing in Afghanistan and how we are going to do it. He has had since August of 2008 to learn what is going on. Fourteen months is enough Mr. President. Stop the political games.

Bush met with military family, in private, without cameras, on many occassions. No presidents have done what Obama has done in the last 44 years.

Why is Obama different? He did it for publicity. It was after midnight, with only one of 18 families agreeing to let him do it. In the last month, only one camera crew has been present for these ceremonies. Pretty strange Obama has coverage huh?

If he wants to honor military service, lay out a clear plan on what we are doing in Afghanistan and how we are going to do it. He has had since August of 2008 to learn what is going on. Fourteen months is enough Mr. President. Stop the political games.
It really is inexcusable, and that's putting it mildly. It was for publicity - he used them.

i cannot tell if your post is on topic or off topic, but since it does not even mention liz cheney and her alleged lying, but is critical of obama, your post will be called On topic by the keystone kop.

here is the parallel bush photo op, pretty strange huh?

http://www.carson.army.mil/images/Bush @Fort Carson.pdf

President Bush (news - web sites) is
applauded as he is introduced before
speaking to soldiers and families at Butts
Army Air Field Monday, Nov. 24, 2003. Bush
is visiting Fort Carson, Colo., home to four
of the 16 soldiers killed Nov. 2 when a U.S.
helicopter was shot down in the dangerous
Sunni Triangle near Fallujah, Iraq

hey he even wore an army jacket, coooooooooooool

EDIT: ok no cameras when he spoke to the families, i fail.

EDIT2: on the other hand, i cannot find pics of obama with the families, so it is the parallel after all.

Last edited:
I hated Bush and support Obama.

But I would NEVER question the motives of a President who honors our wounded or fallen soldiers. We cannot do enough for these men and to turn the act of honoring our dead into a political football is despicable

But I would NEVER question the motives of a President who honors our wounded or fallen soldiers. We cannot do enough for these men and to turn the act of honoring our dead into a political football is despicable
Sure we can. We can expect the 'commander' in Chief to send those in harms way the help they requested or pull them out of harms way.

If Obama really held our dead in any regard, he would MAKE A FUCKING DECISION, not show up and salute - and it's a sad day when our POTUS can't even damned well salute.

i cannot tell if your post is on topic or off topic, but since it does not even mention liz cheney and her alleged lying, but is critical of obama, your post will be called On topic by the keystone kop.

EDIT2: on the other hand, i cannot find pics of obama with the families, so it is the parallel after all.

In your opinion. Did you win or lose the debate with yourself?

In your opinion. Did you win or lose the debate with yourself?

:lol:

i won, of course, but i also lost.

now back up your post. it sounds like a great string of talking points.

only one of 18 families agreed? link

no presidents have done that?

take a look this (si modo, watch: tu quoque):

Poynter Online - Al's Morning Meeting

The big blowup that was the beginning of the end of open casket arrival ceremonies has been called "The Dover Incident." On Dec. 21, 1989, the U.S. had just invaded Panama, and the first U.S. military casualties were returned to Dover Air Force Base. At the same moment the TV networks were broadcasting the images of that grim arrival, President George H.W. Bush held his first news conference since the invasion. He appeared to be joking, evening laughing, at the very moments the caskets were arriving. ABC, CBS and CNN showed the strikingly different images -- the joking president and the caskets on split-screen, live. The practice of allowing coverage of arriving caskets stopped right away.

The Dover Incident is just one of many times that the government has opened the coffin ceremonies to the public when the publicity suits the government's purposes of stirring emotions or drumming up support for a war effort. For example, the National Security Archive lists these exceptions to the ban:
1980: President Carter was photographed at Arlington praying over flag-draped coffins bearing the remains of the eight U.S. airmen killed in the aborted rescue of the Tehran Embassy hostages.
1983: President Reagan was present at Andrews AFB for a ceremony for American diplomatic and military personnel killed in the April bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut. He was photographed in front of a row of flag-draped coffins bearing the remains of military and diplomatic personnel. Within a few days of the ceremony photographs were provided to the media by the White House.
1985: President Reagan attended a ceremony at Andrews AFB for military personnel killed in El Salvador, pinning purple hearts on their flag-draped caskets. The event was covered by the media.
1989: The media covered ceremonies at Norfolk, Virginia for 47 U.S. sailors killed in an accidental explosion aboard the battleship U.S.S. Iowa.

as for the planning, it is an outrage that obama does not share his military planning and decision with you and everyone else. i guess he should invite fox news reporters and concerned citizens to the war room.

If Obama really held our dead in any regard, he would MAKE A FUCKING DECISION, not show up and salute - and it's a sad day when our POTUS can't even damned well salute.

He did make a decision to send an additional 20,000 soldiers into the fight.

It is the additional 70,000 that is causing concern. Presidents can't just rubber stamp requests for additional troops. That is why we have a civilian Commander in Chief.

Lincoln fought requests by MacClellen for hundreds of thousands of additional troops and he was right.
LBJ rubber stamped VietNam requests and he was wrong.

I expect a President to be cautious in sending our boys into harms way. Look what happened to Bush in Iraq

Duh. Read the thread.

1. Did Cheney imply that Bush went to Dover privately?

Yes

2. Did Bush go to Dover privately?

No.

Do you need me to do the math for you too?

He did make a decision to send an additional 20,000 soldiers into the fight.

It is the additional 70,000 that is causing concern. Presidents can't just rubber stamp requests for additional troops. That is why we have a civilian Commander in Chief.

Lincoln fought requests by MacClellen for hundreds of thousands of additional troops and he was right.
LBJ rubber stamped VietNam requests and he was wrong.

I expect a President to be cautious in sending our boys into harms way. Look what happened to Bush in Iraq

Did I suggest he 'rubber stamp'? No. I said a Fucking Decision.... if you lack comprehension skills, that is not my problem.

It is my family that he sends, so I have a several dogs in this hunt. I want them out of harms way - and all the rest of them. Either do it or don't - just make a decision and stick with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Eder, glad you see the debate within as a win. No Presidents have greeted WAR dead during the time period I stated. Reagan was at a ceremony, but we were not at war it was a terrorist act.

The link you requested:
TimesOnline.com:  Obama visits Dover AFB to honor fallen soldiers

Key part:

"The Pentagon this year lifted its 18-year ban on media covering the return of U.S. service members killed in action if family permission is provided. With Obama in attendance, the media were to witness the transfer of one fallen soldier: Sgt. Dale R. Griffin of Terre Haute, Ind.

Obama walked along with the official party onto the huge, gray cargo plane, its hatch open. They emerged one by one, the president last, forming a line of honor.

The flag-draped remains of Griffin were carried off the plane by six Army soldiers in fatigues and black berets. Obama and the officials salute. The transfer case then was placed in a white van to be taken to the mortuary facility on the base.

The rest of the solemn morning was kept out of sight of the press on family wishes."

You realize we've been in Afghanistan for 8 years, right?

You realize we've been in Afghanistan for 8 years, right?

Why your right, why didn't Obama come up with a decision 6 years ago?

You realize Obama has been in office 10 months right?

Eder, glad you see the debate within as a win. No Presidents have greeted WAR dead during the time period I stated. Reagan was at a ceremony, but we were not at war it was a terrorist act.

The link you requested:
TimesOnline.com: *Obama visits Dover AFB to honor fallen soldiers

Key part:

"The Pentagon this year lifted its 18-year ban on media covering the return of U.S. service members killed in action if family permission is provided. With Obama in attendance, the media were to witness the transfer of one fallen soldier: Sgt. Dale R. Griffin of Terre Haute, Ind.

Obama walked along with the official party onto the huge, gray cargo plane, its hatch open. They emerged one by one, the president last, forming a line of honor.

The flag-draped remains of Griffin were carried off the plane by six Army soldiers in fatigues and black berets. Obama and the officials salute. The transfer case then was placed in a white van to be taken to the mortuary facility on the base.

The rest of the solemn morning was kept out of sight of the press on family wishes."

yeah, debate within is great.

your link does not support your talking point.

he met with the family of one of the 18, that is a fact.

that only one family AGREED to do this, that is speculation.

can you support that?

i also don't buy your WAR dead exemption, dead military personnel is dead military personnel.

Forum List

Back