Liz Cheney lies again

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Liz Cheney Suggests Obama Honored Fallen Soldiers For The Publicity | TPMDC :clap2:

Liz Cheney called out President Obama for his early-morning trip to honor fallen soldiers arriving at Dover Air Force Base yesterday, suggesting President Bush honored America's heroes with a bit more class than his successor.

Cheney, on Fox News Radio's John Gibson Show yesterday:

"I think that what President Bush used to do is do it without the cameras. And I don't understand sort of showing up with the White House Press Pool with photographers and asking family members if you can take pictures. That's really hard for me to get my head around...It was a surprising way for the president to choose to do this."
It's not clear exactly what Cheney is referring to when she says, "Bush used to do it without the cameras."

It's true that Bush's Pentagon continued a long-standing policy of banning cameras at Dover when the nation's fallen arrived in flag-draped caskets from foreign battlefields. (Upon taking office, Obama lifted the ban.)

So that covers "without the cameras."

But as CBS's Mark Knoller reported yesterday, Obama was the first president to visit arriving dead at Dover during the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq -- meaning that when it came to taking trips to Dover like Obama did yesterday morning, Bush never used to "do it" at all.

Here's the audio of Cheney (h/t Gateway Pundit):

why do you think he did it? i will go with the needed boost to his poll ratings....i dont think anyone in that office does anything for anything other than self benefit? if bush or obama was so gun ho about the troops...why are they fighting with inferior equipment? why is the va overloaded? why are men/women wounded in battle not receiving top of the line artifical limbs and rehab? o the list just goes on and on....both parties have blood on their hands....

out damn spot, out i say, a soldier and afeard?

Questions:

1. Did Obama show up with the press pool?
2. Did Bush show up without the press pool?
3. Is the military press there regardless?

I think the answers are yes,no and yes. That said, Cheney would be telling the truth.

She has a valid point. Why show up there asking if he can make a public display of himself honoring these troops who died and possibly died because of his stupid ass policies of not firing on insurgents if they were firing from a Mosque or if there are civilians present.

When he shows me that he has the gonads to be a CinC then I will have no problem with him pestering families of our heroes.

Bush's absence at funerals or memorials follows a custom of the Vietnam War. Researchers at the Kennedy and Johnson libraries and archivists of President Nixon's records found no evidence that those presidents attended ceremonies or funerals for U.S. troops killed in war.

So MOST Presidents don't participate. Republican or Democrat.

Then there's this:

Military rite for war dead rarely attended - The Boston Globe

"A single reporter showed up Wednesday night, along with a photographer from the Associated Press, which has recorded each ceremony on behalf of its newspaper clients around the country."

Hmm...no President?

"There are practical limitations to more robust media coverage. The cost-cutting media has limited resources, and the Air Force can usually provide less than a half-day's notice before a casualty arrives - making it difficult for all but nearby journalists and the national media a few hours' drive away in Washington or New York to make it."

So the President either found out on short notice or had a planned photo op. Any thoughts?

She has a valid point. Why show up there asking if he can make a public display of himself honoring these troops who died and possibly died because of his stupid ass policies of not firing on insurgents if they were firing from a Mosque or if there are civilians present.

When he shows me that he has the gonads to be a CinC then I will have no problem with him pestering families of our heroes.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

103009jm.jpg

there wouldn't have been 4000+ soldiers families to "pester" if Bush and Cheney hadn't invaded Iraq in the first place.

Of The 18 families Obama asked only 1 accepted obama's offer to be there at Dover

bush would visit the families of the fallen without cameras

Lynn Cheney did not lie

why do you think he did it? i will go with the needed boost to his poll ratings....i dont think anyone in that office does anything for anything other than self benefit? if bush or obama was so gun ho about the troops...why are they fighting with inferior equipment? why is the va overloaded? why are men/women wounded in battle not receiving top of the line artifical limbs and rehab? o the list just goes on and on....both parties have blood on their hands....

out damn spot, out i say, a soldier and afeard?
Very good Bones.

Neither Chimpola or Barry gives a flying fuck about the people they send to die, its all about photo ops and polls.

Hopey Changey is just one big Dog & Pony Show in the end. What doesn't Hopey Changey do for publicity? Hmm?

Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg address at a dedication of a military cemetery.

What a disgrace that that was ever made public!!!

Did he have a photo op? Did he have to ask 18 families before one said okay? At least Lincoln had been in the military.

Liz and Dick Cheney are a boil on the butt of Marxists!

stolen from Steel Magnolias. :eusa_angel:

How Dick Cheney dodged the Vietnam draft - The Timeline

Aug. 29, 1964: Dick and Lynne Cheney marry.

May 19, 1965: The Selective Service classifies Dick Cheney 1-A, "available immediately for military service."

July 28, 1965: President Lyndon Johnson says draft calls will be doubled.

Oct. 26, 1965: The Selective Service declares that married men without children, who were previously exempted from the draft, will now be called up. Married men with children remain exempt.

Jan. 19, 1966: The Selective Service reclassifies Dick Cheney 3-A, "deferred from military service because service would cause hardship upon his family," because his wife is pregnant with their first child.

July 28, 1966: Elizabeth Cheney is born.

Jan. 30, 1967: Dick Cheney turns 26 and therefore becomes ineligible for the draft.

ALeqM5jvgpXkZltXJ_5hjB-KLfCTYY-G1g.jpg

What--Obama should have missed the perfect photo op in order to satisfy a rightwinger sense of duty?

Then the Conservatives would scream "Why don't Obama go vist the families of fallen troops? Bush tdid!!(see Crazy Cindy on how she became so obssed!!) What, is Obama to arrogant to see the ment he leavves in Harms way?? Or is he too weak kneed to handle the role of President?"

I swear. Obama does more listening to the right than he does his the people that want him there. How is he going to win anything if he constantly listen to the wrong peopl?

First, Jerimiah Wright and that guy from the weathermen--next, Dick Cheney and Tim Geithner!! What the Hell is wrong with Obama?

Forum List

Back