Liz Cheney lies again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Political Junky, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,536
    Liz Cheney Suggests Obama Honored Fallen Soldiers For The Publicity | TPMDC :clap2:

Liz Cheney called out President Obama for his early-morning trip to honor fallen soldiers arriving at Dover Air Force Base yesterday, suggesting President Bush honored America's heroes with a bit more class than his successor.

Cheney, on Fox News Radio's John Gibson Show yesterday:

"I think that what President Bush used to do is do it without the cameras. And I don't understand sort of showing up with the White House Press Pool with photographers and asking family members if you can take pictures. That's really hard for me to get my head around...It was a surprising way for the president to choose to do this."
    It's not clear exactly what Cheney is referring to when she says, "Bush used to do it without the cameras."

It's true that Bush's Pentagon continued a long-standing policy of banning cameras at Dover when the nation's fallen arrived in flag-draped caskets from foreign battlefields. (Upon taking office, Obama lifted the ban.)

So that covers "without the cameras."

But as CBS's Mark Knoller reported yesterday, Obama was the first president to visit arriving dead at Dover during the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq -- meaning that when it came to taking trips to Dover like Obama did yesterday morning, Bush never used to "do it" at all.

Here's the audio of Cheney (h/t Gateway Pundit):

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,926
    why do you think he did it? i will go with the needed boost to his poll ratings....i dont think anyone in that office does anything for anything other than self benefit? if bush or obama was so gun ho about the troops...why are they fighting with inferior equipment? why is the va overloaded? why are men/women wounded in battle not receiving top of the line artifical limbs and rehab? o the list just goes on and on....both parties have blood on their hands....

out damn spot, out i say, a soldier and afeard?

3. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    She is one of the faces of the republican party....

4. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,913
    Questions:

1. Did Obama show up with the press pool?
    2. Did Bush show up without the press pool?
    3. Is the military press there regardless?

I think the answers are yes,no and yes. That said, Cheney would be telling the truth.

5. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    She has a valid point. Why show up there asking if he can make a public display of himself honoring these troops who died and possibly died because of his stupid ass policies of not firing on insurgents if they were firing from a Mosque or if there are civilians present.

When he shows me that he has the gonads to be a CinC then I will have no problem with him pestering families of our heroes.

6. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,913
    Bush's absence at funerals or memorials follows a custom of the Vietnam War. Researchers at the Kennedy and Johnson libraries and archivists of President Nixon's records found no evidence that those presidents attended ceremonies or funerals for U.S. troops killed in war.

So MOST Presidents don't participate. Republican or Democrat.

Then there's this:

Military rite for war dead rarely attended - The Boston Globe

"A single reporter showed up Wednesday night, along with a photographer from the Associated Press, which has recorded each ceremony on behalf of its newspaper clients around the country."

Hmm...no President?

"There are practical limitations to more robust media coverage. The cost-cutting media has limited resources, and the Air Force can usually provide less than a half-day's notice before a casualty arrives - making it difficult for all but nearby journalists and the national media a few hours' drive away in Washington or New York to make it."

So the President either found out on short notice or had a planned photo op. Any thoughts?

7. veritas

veritas OBKB

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

8. Jay Canuck

Jay Canuck by Crom you'll pay!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +212
    [​IMG]

there wouldn't have been 4000+ soldiers families to "pester" if Bush and Cheney hadn't invaded Iraq in the first place.

9. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    [​IMG]

10. Misty

Misty Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,308
    Of The 18 families Obama asked only 1 accepted obama's offer to be there at Dover

bush would visit the families of the fallen without cameras

Lynn Cheney did not lie