Little Britain

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I think it is a wise thing for UK to do to cut down its defense expenditure. The population of disenfranchised people in UK is growing and they should be the top priority of UK government.

---

Those assets have instead been depleted and squandered. Britain has run down its armed forces: its defence budget has slipped from being the world’s fourth- biggest to its sixth (see chart). The ending of NATO’s combat mission in Afghanistan at the end of last year supposedly drew a line under difficult counter-insurgency campaigns in distant places. Any remaining appetite for adventures abroad was sated by the 2011 intervention in Libya, which drew attention to dwindling military resources and the perils of plunging in without having a follow-up plan.

Since then Britain has become ever more unwilling to deploy the diplomatic and military resources it does possess. For a country that has long been respected for the skills of its diplomats, the professionalism and dash of its armed forces, the global outlook of its political leaders and its ability to punch above its weight, the decline has been unmistakable.

Hosting NATO’s summit in Wales last September, Mr Cameron cajoled other countries into pledging to follow Britain’s example and spend 2% of their GDP on defence—as all are supposed to do. Yet in December his chancellor of the exchequer, George Osborne, was announcing spending plans for the next parliament that implied not only that Britain would fall just short of the NATO target in the coming fiscal year (to 1.95%, despite including war pensions in the defence budget for the first time) but that it would go on falling.

http://www.economist.com/news/brita...d-forces-and-its-diplomatic-resources-despair

Public support for military adventures dwindled when it trotted off after the US to Iraq.

Public support for military adventures dwindled when it trotted off after the US to Iraq.

There was in interesting tidbit in that article:

Ill-fated though the later invasion of Iraq proved, Mr Blair was never an American poodle. He believed that Britain should be in the first rank of countries prepared to counter the threat of Saddam Hussein’s supposed weapons of mass destruction.

Ill-fated though the later invasion of Iraq proved, Mr Blair was never an American poodle. He believed that Britain should be in the first rank of countries prepared to counter the threat of Saddam Hussein’s supposed weapons of mass destruction.
I read that but I don't think it was the general perception.

I read that but I don't think it was the general perception.

I agree. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I ever heard of that line of thinking.

They need to accelerate the military defense and offence spending Vikrant , the west has lots of enemies !!

last thing the UK needs is advice from 'foreigners' , one from a third world hell hole like where you are from Vikrant !! UK should build up its military forces so it can defend or attack Vikrant !!

last thing the UK needs is advice from 'foreigners' , one from a third world hell hole like where you are from Vikrant !! UK should build up its military forces so it can defend or attack Vikrant !!

Your English tells us who is from "third world hell hole" :) I think your organization needs to train its trolls a bit better. You guys, all of you, give away your game from the get go.

its like I say , UK should pay no attention to you foreigners Vikrant . Most of those people crying for increased services are probably imported foreigners just like YOU Vikrant !! --- :afro:

like I say , UK should pay no attention to you foreigners Vikrant . Most of those people crying for increased services are probably foreigner just like YOU Vikrant !! --- :afro:

Yes, UK should pay no attention to foreigners, especially the illiterate ones who cannot even be effective as troll workers :)

As far as I am concerned, UK is already paying attention to me as is evident from their downsizing of their military expenditure.

seems to me that the UK should shut their ears to imported leeches Vikrant !!

seems to me that the UK should shut their ears to imported leeches Vikrant !!

British people are not stupid and hence realize that fighting wars in middle east with no tangible benefits to Britain has weakened them. That is why there was no support for war against Syria among British people. I am glad Britain is shutting its ears to leeches who drag it into futile wars.

UK is a shell Vikrant , they should rebuild like the USA will have to rebuild after 'mrobama' . Until then you will see little wars but after mrobama , well things will certainly get bigger and better !!

UK is a shell Vikrant , they should rebuild like the USA will have to rebuild after 'mrobama' . Until then you will see little wars but after mrobama , well things will certainly get bigger and better !!

You should be used as an example to stress the importance of education among kids. "Kids, this is what happens when you don't go to school. You turn into an idiot like Pismoe."

morning Vikrant , thought that you were over in 'nepal' looking for donations or crying or something !!

morning Vikrant , thought that you were over in 'nepal' looking for donations or crying or something !!

Now, I am crying for stupid people like you. I am working to create a foundation to help illiterates like yourself.

Think that you oughta mind your own business about England / Britain and the U.K. and get back home to the 'poop' and lack of toilets problem in your home land Vikrant .

Think that you oughta mind your own business about England / Britain and the U.K. and get back home to the 'poop' and lack of toilets problem in your home land Vikrant .

You are limited in a sense that you cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. Now don't try to pigeonhole others in your caliber. I am perfectly capable of taking care of both UK and India at the same time. Actually, I will add U.S. to that list as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back