Limbaugh fires back at Colin Powell comments

"I think what Rush does as an entertainer diminishes the party and intrudes or inserts into our public life a kind of nastiness that we would be better to do without," Powell said.

Oh now that is not going to win him any conservative friends.

Good for him though, because he's right. The nastiness that comes from Rush Limbaugh only gives liberals more ammunition to shoot at true conservatives. It really does make the Republicans look like cold-hearted asses. But Limbaugh is nothing more than an entertainer and should not be taken as any more than that.

Way to go General Powell.

Immie

no it doesn't immie....the dems have their political pundits who say worse things than rush but doesn't seem to hurt their reputation...and you don't hear dems calling for their pundits to shut up.

rush has every right to speak...

and if colin powell is such a great republican, why did he endorse obama?

no it doesn't immie....the dems have their political pundits who say worse things than rush but doesn't seem to hurt their reputation...and you don't hear dems calling for their pundits to shut up.

I was just gonna say,, did colin powell witness that bullshit on MSNBC the other night???? did he have any scathing comments for MSNBC??? fuck no,, cause he know jeffery immelt is in obamalama's back pocket.. he's becoming the biggest hypocrite of all,, I am beginning to dislike him immensely.

I wonder if Powell is going to go on bended knee to apologize to Boss Rush? :confused:

Nah, only whipped, pansy ass republicans do groveling and apologizing to a fat ass drug addict.

This is one time I agree with Rush. Colin Powell should become a Democrat. Along with Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins.

That would be far preferable to being a big assed hypocrite! that's for sure. maybe they'll kick his ass the way the did poor old Arlen's :lol::lol::lol:

Of course not.. the libbies eat up the all the hateful crap people like Howard Dean,James Carville,Paul Begala,Keith Olbermann et al spew forth. They even egg it on and want MORE. Their problem is they can dish is out ,but not take it. They just need to STFU if they aren't going to keep their own talking heads in line.

As for Colin Powell... I agree with what Rush has to say on that score. He lost all credibility when he listened to all the hate filled garbage the left threw at President Bush and stayed silent. He can can it now.

Of course not.. the libbies eat up the all the hateful crap people like Howard Dean,James Carville,Paul Begala,Keith Olbermann et al spew forth. They even egg it on and want MORE. Their problem is they can dish is out ,but not take it. They just need to STFU if they aren't going to keep their own talking heads in line.

As for Colin Powell... I agree with what Rush has to say on that score. He lost all credibility when he listened to all the hate filled garbage the left threw at President Bush and stayed silent. He can stuff it now.

He can put it where the moon don't shine! that's what he can do with it.:lol::lol:

saying rush is the boss is like saying rachel maddow is the boss

i guess the libs don't realize that their efforts to smear rush backfired on them....

If the liberals had one single political pundit that was even a third as popular as Rush or half as popular as Sean or Bill O'Rielly there would be a lot of liberals speaking out against them. Liberals have some that are somewhat up there, James Carville during the Clinton Era is about the closest I can think of, but even then he was a long way off.

Yes, Rush has every right to speak. I never claimed otherwise, but Rush's tone is damaging to conservatives... at least those who don't think calling your opponents idiots every time you open your mouth. Rush's tone does nothing at all to improve the relationship that we as a nation have to live with. Like it or not, we have to live with liberals and quite frankly this country would suck without them. But Rush, makes living with them, difficult.

Nor, did I say Colin Powell was a great Republican, but the truth is that had the Republicans convinced Colin Powell to run last year, they would have made a better show of the race. Of course, General Powell, could always have pulled a Specter... and switched parties after he won. :lol:

Immie

saying rush is the boss is like saying rachel maddow is the boss

i guess the libs don't realize that their efforts to smear rush backfired on them....

librals don't give a shit about truth! the run and hide from truth! it's all search and destroy these days!

If the liberals had one single political pundit that was even a third as popular as Rush or half as popular as Sean or Bill O'Rielly there would be a lot of liberals speaking out against them. Liberals have some that are somewhat up there, James Carville during the Clinton Era is about the closest I can think of, but even then he was a long way off.

Yes, Rush has every right to speak. I never claimed otherwise, but Rush's tone is damaging to conservatives... at least those who don't think calling your opponents idiots every time you open your mouth. Rush's tone does nothing at all to improve the relationship that we as a nation have to live with. Like it or not, we have to live with liberals and quite frankly this country would suck without them. But Rush, makes living with them, difficult.

Nor, did I say Colin Powell was a great Republican, but the truth is that had the Republicans convinced Colin Powell to run last year, they would have made a better show of the race. Of course, General Powell, could always have pulled a Specter... and switched parties after he won. :lol:

Immie

relationship? you have got to be kidding... search and destroy is a relationship to you???? holy hell!

Powell backed a man that has views opposite of what he claims he has had all his life.

Pretty hard to take him seriously as a GoP reformer after that.

Immie

relationship? you have got to be kidding... search and destroy is a relationship to you???? holy hell!

You don't think conservatives live by the search and destroy philosophy as well? People like Rush are what cause that kind of animosity between the two sides. I'm sure not saying that we have to agree with them on things, but, treating them like morons (which most are not) doesn't help to make this "one nation under God".

Immie

Powell backed a man that has views opposite of what he claims he has had all his life.

Pretty hard to take him seriously as a GoP reformer after that.

Actually, if you read his autobiography "My American Journey", you will find that his being a Republican is about the same as any Pro-lifer being a Democrat. He doesn't fit in the mold as a Republican. In fact, I think when he left the military and joined the Bush Admin he joined the Republican Party rather reluctantly simply because he didn't fit.

I've liked General Powell since I read the book which is surprising because he and I see things quite differently.

Immie

Immie

You don't think conservatives live by the search and destroy philosophy as well? People like Rush are what cause that kind of animosity between the two sides. I'm sure not saying that we have to agree with them on things, but, treating them like morons (which most are not) doesn't help to make this "one nation under God".

Immie

you don't watch tweety, and oblermink and maddow do ya? :lol::lol: you are still kidding right??

Many military officers spend their military lives playing the political system and yet remaining un-political. Powell owed much of his early advance to a White House fellowship at the rank of Colonel to Nixon; then under other Republican presidents. The Republicans were proud to have a black military man involved at the White House; I remember his appointment, and appreciating the comfortable racial relations I'd experienced in the USMC. I felt proud that he was (or at least appeared to be) becoming involved in national politics while connected to the Republican Party.

He may never have felt a strong urge to "bite" the hand that was "feeding" him. He may have just wanted the Republican Party to conform to his needs rather than vice-versa, thus he claimed loyalty to the R Party when he needed a party to identify with by default.

But, with no true party loyalty he (may have) felt ungrateful, or more likely he felt that he would appear to be "ungrateful". But when he saw an opportunity to appear to be less a political animal, he took it, and everyone should've been able to understand it, when he went to the Obama Administration. It was a reasonable move to make, and who would fault him, the two most attractive "blacks" in American politics? He is first of all a "black American", and he has caved to the easier course. He should simply follow Arlen Specter, and move over.

If he is correct in his assessment of what the R party should stand for, there should be two parties for bigger government, higher taxes, more government involvement in the business sector, a managed economy, etc., etc.

Or.....should the two major political parties stand for different approaches which give voters a choice by offering solutions to national problems from different directions?

Since the time of Rome, the first great representative republic, the two primary political divisions have been between conservatives and liberals, but by different names.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
you don't watch tweety, and oblermink and maddow do ya? :lol::lol: you are still kidding right??

Who is tweety?

No, I do not watch Oberman or Maddow. I did try watching Maddow once. I lasted maybe a minute and a half then was bored out of my socks. I didn't find her show interesting at all. As for Oberman, he isn't any better than Maddow. As for other pundits, well at least Randi Rhodes can get my blood boiling. :)

Immie

Who is tweety?

No, I do not watch Oberman or Maddow. I did try watching Maddow once. I lasted maybe a minute and a half then was bored out of my socks. I didn't find her show interesting at all. As for Oberman, he isn't any better than Maddow. As for other pundits, well at least Randi Rhodes can get my blood boiling. :)

Immie

Chris Matthews,, tweety,, since he got that damn tingle up his leg... and most of us don't listen to that dingbat Rush either... that's just some indoctrinating the democwats are doing and the left swallows it like all the other kool aid they are given.

Forum List

Back