Limbaugh fires back at Colin Powell comments

you don't watch tweety, and oblermink and maddow do ya? :lol::lol: you are still kidding right??

Who is tweety?

No, I do not watch Oberman or Maddow. I did try watching Maddow once. I lasted maybe a minute and a half then was bored out of my socks. I didn't find her show interesting at all. As for Oberman, he isn't any better than Maddow. As for other pundits, well at least Randi Rhodes can get my blood boiling. :)

Immie

Chris Matthews,, tweety,, since he got that damn tingle up his leg... and most of us don't listen to that dingbat Rush either... that's just some indoctrinating the democwats are doing and the left swallows it like all the other kool aid they are given.

No, I don't watch Tweety either.

Immie

Who is tweety?

No, I do not watch Oberman or Maddow. I did try watching Maddow once. I lasted maybe a minute and a half then was bored out of my socks. I didn't find her show interesting at all. As for Oberman, he isn't any better than Maddow. As for other pundits, well at least Randi Rhodes can get my blood boiling. :)

Immie

Chris Matthews,, tweety,, since he got that damn tingle up his leg... and most of us don't listen to that dingbat Rush either... that's just some indoctrinating the democwats are doing and the left swallows it like all the other kool aid they are given.

Immie

try it sometime... you'll find who spews the vitriol..

Immie

Are you trying to tell me that they all don't?

I don't buy it.

Immie

no it doesn't immie....the dems have their political pundits who say worse things than rush but doesn't seem to hurt their reputation...and you don't hear dems calling for their pundits to shut up.

rush has every right to speak...

and if colin powell is such a great republican, why did he endorse obama?

Of course not.. the libbies eat up the all the hateful crap people like Howard Dean,James Carville,Paul Begala,Keith Olbermann et al spew forth. They even egg it on and want MORE. Their problem is they can dish is out ,but not take it. They just need to STFU if they aren't going to keep their own talking heads in line.

As for Colin Powell... I agree with what Rush has to say on that score. He lost all credibility when he listened to all the hate filled garbage the left threw at President Bush and stayed silent. He can stuff it now.

He can put it where the moon don't shine! that's what he can do with it.:lol::lol:

Yep, he can go live it up with all the liberal moonbats who have been calling him such respectful names as "house slave" (among other hateful things) for the past 8 years..

What a nit wit..

Last edited:
I think what's happening to the republican party these days is great. I'm old enough to remember what the party USED to be like, and I watched it change into a more liberal party of big government and more spending. They became much like the demotwats. Now the party is stinging from it's recent defeats and it's asking it's base what they want, and what they're hearing is that their base wants them to get back to what the republican party USED to stand for... LESS TAXES, LESS SPENDING, PRO MILITARY, PRO GUN, ANTI ABORTION, PRO ENGLISH, SMALLER GOVERNMENT, ETC., and that RINO powell should just get the hell out and continue the purging of RINO's and liberals OUT of the republican party, and he can take mccain with him. I might even reregister republican if they actually get back to what they used to stand for. That IS what ALL conservatives are hoping for.

Last edited:
"I think what Rush does as an entertainer diminishes the party and intrudes or inserts into our public life a kind of nastiness that we would be better to do without," Powell said.

Oh now that is not going to win him any conservative friends.

Good for him though, because he's right. The nastiness that comes from Rush Limbaugh only gives liberals more ammunition to shoot at true conservatives. It really does make the Republicans look like cold-hearted asses. But Limbaugh is nothing more than an entertainer and should not be taken as any more than that.

Way to go General Powell.

Immie

Limbaugh doesn't really care about the Republican party. He is an opportunist and needs to keep saying these controversial things so that people keep listening to his show.

He's a shock jock.

But then again, the Republicans are allowed choose their own leaders.. The Dems can make fun of him anyway.

"He's just mad at me because I'm the one person in the country who had the guts to explain his endorsement of Obama," Limbaugh said. "It was purely and solely based on race."

Kind of like when Rush "explained" why Donovan McNabb received "soft" treatment from the media on ESPN - because of his race! :lol:

Brilliant insight and analysis.

Pretty soon, the only Republicans who will be left in the country will be Rush and PubliusInfinitum.

I wonder if Powell is going to go on bended knee to apologize to Boss Rush? :confused:

I'd say the probability of the man like Powell apologising to a hatemonger like Rush is about zero.

Nah, only whipped, pansy ass republicans do groveling and apologizing to a fat ass drug addict.

Or listen to him at all, would be my guess.

This is one time I agree with Rush. Colin Powell should become a Democrat. Along with Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins.

I don't know enough about Powell, but Snowe and Collins really ARE authentic Republicans at heart.

I would be a damned shame if the best of the Republican party was driven out of the GOP by the neo-cons and their hatemongering piece of human excrement Rush.

What we need, and what we do not have in this nation, are two reasonable sane parties, each representing the respective former values of the Democratic and Republican parties.

What we no longer really seem to have is EITHER of those.

The Dems stopped being the Dems when they stopped really giving a rat's ass about the worker and middle classes, and the Republicans stopped being Republicans when they decided that government was an impediment to turning this formerly great nation into a third world nation.

Be ye patriotic conservative or patriotic liberal, if you not completely pissed off about what is happening to our nation you are simply not paying attention.

I was watching Chris Matthews the other evening and he had a republican - wish I remembered his name - on and Matthews was asking him the tough questions about evolution, science, stem cell, global warming etc and it was fascinating from the perspective that the 'republican' could only answer along party lines. He seemed unable and hesitant to step outside a set of ideas that he may not even believe in. Republicans have become so ideologically fixed they are not only unable to govern, as Bush proved, but they are unable to be honest even with themselves.

no it doesn't immie....the dems have their political pundits who say worse things than rush but doesn't seem to hurt their reputation...and you don't hear dems calling for their pundits to shut up.

When did you ever hear a Liberal commentator say "Hey Bush, I hope you fail." You never did, Rush is a complete jackass who only does what he does for ratings.

And stop acting like a child by saying, "well they do it too," BS response

I was watching Chris Matthews the other evening and he had a republican - wish I remembered his name - on and Matthews was asking him the tough questions about evolution, science, stem cell, global warming etc and it was fascinating from the perspective that the 'republican' could only answer along party lines. He seemed unable and hesitant to step outside a set of ideas that he may not even believe in. Republicans have become so ideologically fixed they are not only unable to govern, as Bush proved, but they are unable to be honest even with themselves.

I saw that interview and he said that he believed in intelligent design but he also believed in the science of evolution. It's okay to say that you believe something. It's idiotic to say that you believe something that the evidence refutes. And I think it was ok that he said that he believed that evolution was God's creation and he would ask Him how He dd it when he sees Him. But he choked on the question about man evolving from apes. With that being said, I understand how Powell may feel. He understands that some of the policies during the Bush administration were wrong. He would be an idiot to still support those policies blindly just to have an R behind his name. Anyone that supports every Republican, Democratic, liberal, or conservative principle is an idiot. There is always evidence to refute every one of them.

I saw that interview and he said that he believed in intelligent design but he also believed in the science of evolution. It's okay to say that you believe something. It's idiotic to say that you believe something that the evidence refutes. And I think it was ok that he said that he believed that evolution was God's creation and he would ask Him how He dd it when he sees Him. But he choked on the question about man evolving from apes. With that being said, I understand how Powell may feel. He understands that some of the policies during the Bush administration were wrong. He would be an idiot to still support those policies blindly just to have an R behind his name. Anyone that supports every Republican, Democratic, liberal, or conservative principle is an idiot. There is always evidence to refute every one of them.

tancredo was the schmuck who was unable to reconcile his positions

and the bold emphasis was added to the portion of your statement now addressed. you aver that to follow a principle defines one as an idiot. think about it. you have thus advocated for people to form beliefs and to take actions without principle. that does not make sense ... at least in my own world view. there are sound conservative, liberal, republican, demo, independent, libertarian, religious, and secular principles. doesn't the heavy lifting actually involve examining those principles and deciding which make sense and which do not, to form the basis of one's beliefs and actions?

But he choked on the question about man evolving from apes.

Was the proposition or a question put to this man that human beings evolved from apes? Any one who would pose such a question or proposition is as ignorant of the facts as any Christian who believes in Adam and Eve as the founding parents.

Last edited:

that is laughable as hell, there is not a democwat in congress, washington, tv radio or blogs that deviate one iota for the prescribed dose of kool aid,, you march lock step and spew verbatim! well,, there is biden,, but i'm sure he gets his mouth washed out with soap routinely..

I'd be interested in reading some quotes from Chris Matthews that are on par with some of the things Rush has said in the past.

And I would be interested in seeing you blowhards put Fox News or Rush Limbaugh in the back pocket of the Republicans the way MSNBC and the NYT and the Washington Post, Newsweek are in the back pocket of the obamalama:lol:

Because, before Colin Powell is a Republican, he is an American and a patriot.

I was just gonna say,, did colin powell witness that bullshit on MSNBC the other night???? did he have any scathing comments for MSNBC??? fuck no,, cause he know jeffery immelt is in obamalama's back pocket.. he's becoming the biggest hypocrite of all,, I am beginning to dislike him immensely.

Well, now, that is certainly a high recommendation for Colin Powell.

saying rush is the boss is like saying rachel maddow is the boss

i guess the libs don't realize that their efforts to smear rush backfired on them....

librals don't give a shit about truth! the run and hide from truth! it's all search and destroy these days!

:lol:Ah yes. WMD. "Heck of a job, Brownie!" "The fundementals of the economy are sound." And a hundred more lies that we heard for eight years. It is you Conservatives who have earned the title of serial liars. That is the reason for 60 Dem Senators. 265 Dem Reps. And 365 electorial votes.:lol:

Forum List

Back