Hannity has gone too far

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOfh...aliban-become-so.html&feature=player_embedded[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOfh5oSvzEA[/ame]

After several years of bumbling around with the Iraq War and Hannity RUSHING to the aide of Bush's strategy in Iraq, he DARES criticize not only Obama, but General David Petraeus (who hannity has applauded on several occassions) who's the commander of all Middle East US forces. Then he bring up some irrelevant idiot in the House who doesn't want to send more troops into Afghanistan?

This is not the Sean Hannity I listened to for years. This is vile, disgusting hate speech that has no foundation whatsoever. And if true, that Hannity is a mouthpiece for the Republican Party... well, I feel sorry for them. I'm not even concerned for 2012, 2016 or 2020 when Obama wins his 4th term, I'm concerned that there won't be any oppoisition left to the Democratic Party. Nobody agrees 100% with what the Democrats are doing - and there needs to be a legitimate opposition in our government to counter some of the ideas that the Democrats have. The way the Republicans are acting, they're embarrassing themselves. This is not how Reagan would have acted. This is not how Gingrich is acting.

This is disgusting, vile hate speech and Fox should be ashamed for having Hannity on the air.

Mind you, this is the same guy who's rooting for another terrorist attack in the US so people will turn against Obama and vote for Republicans again. He's a sick, sick fuck.

Last edited:
I haven't perceived a change in the nature of the partisanship of the Murdoch mouthpieces like Hannity.

But I agree there has been a notch up in the desparation level.

They have a Dem in power that is threatening to increase tax on the wealthy. The number one sin against them. They are increasingly desparate and pulling out all stops to see him fail, even if it brings the country down too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOfh...aliban-become-so.html&feature=player_embeddedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOfh5oSvzEA

After several years of bumbling around with the Iraq War and Hannity RUSHING to the aide of Bush's strategy in Iraq, he DARES criticize not only Obama, but General David Petraeus (who hannity has applauded on several occassions) who's the commander of all Middle East US forces. Then he bring up some irrelevant idiot in the House who doesn't want to send more troops into Afghanistan?

This is not the Sean Hannity I listened to for years. This is vile, disgusting hate speech that has no foundation whatsoever. And if true, that Hannity is a mouthpiece for the Republican Party... well, I feel sorry for them. I'm not even concerned for 2012, 2016 or 2020 when Obama wins his 4th term, I'm concerned that there won't be any oppoisition left to the Democratic Party. Nobody agrees 100% with what the Democrats are doing - and there needs to be a legitimate opposition in our government to counter some of the ideas that the Democrats have. The way the Republicans are acting, they're embarrassing themselves. This is not how Reagan would have acted. This is not how Gingrich is acting.

This is disgusting, vile hate speech and Fox should be ashamed for having Hannity on the air.

Mind you, this is the same guy who's rooting for another terrorist attack in the US so people will turn against Obama and vote for Republicans again. He's a sick, sick fuck.

"Your party" has total control, so stfu and enjoy it while it lasts....... :cool:

Where's the hate speech, David?

It's just run of the mill partisan douchebaggery from Hannity.

Personally, I'd like Sean Hannity to tell us when it became okay to question the president's strategy or lack thereof during a time of war.

My guess: Jan 20, 2009

Hannity's argument completely escapes logic. Do you really think General David Petraeus or Secretary of Defense Gates would send tens of thousands of soldiers into war with "no plan?" It's absolutely disgusting because if I was the father of one of those soldiers going into war, watching Hannity, I would shit my pants if I thought Hannity knew what he was talking about. That kind of speech is not only dangerous, it's disgusting and venemous. I call it hate speech because he absolutely hates Obama and anything he does - even if it's good for the country or our wars.

Hannity's argument completely escapes logic. Do you really think General David Petraeus or Secretary of Defense Gates would send tens of thousands of soldiers into war with "no plan?" It's absolutely disgusting because if I was the father of one of those soldiers going into war, watching Hannity, I would shit my pants if I thought Hannity knew what he was talking about. That kind of speech is not only dangerous, it's disgusting and venemous. I call it hate speech because he absolutely hates Obama and anything he does - even if it's good for the country or our wars.

so people who said bush sent troops into war without a plan are guilty of hate speech, disgusting, venemous, dangerous.....

right

so people who said bush sent troops into war without a plan are guilty of hate speech, disgusting, venemous, dangerous.....

right

no they are patriotic......

right

no they are patriotic......

man, i always get that one wrong :(

Wait a minute... wasn't it the left that called him General "Betrayus" for years? Wasn't that nickname given to him by Moveon.org and praised by the left for quite some time.

Now, they want to defend him?

This world is going STARK RAVING MAD, I tell you.

Immie

No offense intended David. Please don't take it as so as I'm only guessing at how you viewed the General right around... let's see wasn't it just before the 2004 election?

Unless they get busy with an amendment Obama can NOT have more than 2 terms dumb ass. And I doubt after this 4 years of spend spend spend he gets reelected.

right

Well yes. It's the libs famous..."do as I say, not as I do" argument.

Last edited:
Wait a minute... wasn't it the left that called him General "Betrayus" for years? Wasn't that nickname given to him by Moveon.org and praised by the left for quite some time.

Now, they want to defend him?

This world is going STARK RAVING MAD, I tell you.

Immie

No offense intended David. Please don't take it as so as I'm only guessing at how you viewed the General right around... let's see wasn't it just before the 2004 election?

If the left says something negative it's treated as either 'free speech' or 'a joke'; if the right says something negative it's treated as 'hate speech'. That's the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOfh...aliban-become-so.html&feature=player_embeddedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOfh5oSvzEA
he DARES criticize not only Obama, but General David Petraeus
Then he bring up some irrelevant idiot in the House who doesn't want to send more troops into Afghanistan?
This is vile, disgusting hate speech that has no foundation whatsoever.
when Obama wins his 4th term,
and there needs to be a legitimate opposition in our government to counter some of the ideas that the Democrats have. The way the Republicans are acting, they're embarrassing themselves.

So This is your definition of "vile, disgusting hate speech that has no foundation whatsoever.?" (I bolded above) There seems to be a gross over-reaction here to what is presented by Hannity.

I’m only going to characterize the comments made here by Karl Rove, that they sound reasonable enough in light of the need for a reasoned debate, and should be taken into account.

And in the second part of the video Rove spoke to the issue regarding Colin Powell telling some in the Republican party that ‘they should shut up’ because they are divisive. (Rove to Powell: “Stop running down other people and start telling us about your vision” )

Isn’t talking about important issues what debate in America is about?

But David, I watched the video twice and never heard the name of Petraeus mentioned one time, and I didn’t get what you got from the video at all. The point I took is that there may well be a difference between a Petraeus military strategy and a political/diplomatic strategy of the administration, or a lack of one. A bad political/diplomatic strategy (one of incautious words) by the administration can flub up any otherwise valid military strategy by General Petraeus – imprudent comments by the administration (Obama and Holbrooke) can undermine a military strategy - It seemed to me that was what Rove was saying, and in far more moderate words than I am reading in the OP describing (Rove and) Hannity.

David Obey, one of the most partisan but most important Democrats in the House, has said that he will deny funding for Afghanistan and the region if the president doesn’t come up with a real strategy. Sometimes he actually makes sense. Some of us will be able to understand that, and some of us will be too partisan to discern the difference, and that appears to be the problem with interpreting the Hannity/Rove video.

At any rate, DavidS, you have done us all a favor…..IF we bother to just Watch-The-Video and pay attention to it’s very important content, which is not hate speech but issues of important public policy; there is a plethora of significant relevant content in this video on a variety of issues.

Last edited:

On the Ron Reagan Show (AIR AMERICA 6-9pm), he was playing tape of Hannity. Remember Biden and Obama went out for a burger across the river? Obama ordered a burger with swiss cheese (should have ordered american), well done burger, no biggy there, but then the kicker!!! What did Obama order that Hannity had a problem with?

SPICY MUSTARD. Deshaun Mustard to be specific! ELITISM!!! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back