Life sucks right now?

My safety net is almost complete.
Can't give the gubment credit or grief for it, except that it would probably be more secure if not for 6 months of UEC in 08-09.

Can't say I can say the same for my employees that don't know, yet, that the owner is flipping the locks this week :(

Well, I can't drive the Ferrari as often as I used to due to the crazy price of gasoline, but frankly I don't blame the government for that.

Life is good for me as far as the government goes unless I get reactivated.

I also know it is helping my friends dad who was laid off a year ago from a job he had for 30 years. At 56 it is pretty hard to find a job.

To most of us, the affects wont be felt for a while. For example, my health premiums have not gone up yet, but my benefiots administrator told us to expect a small increase next year, and a dramatic increase in 2012.

My income and corporate taxes have not yet gone up. But my accountant told me to anticipate an increase nextr year when the tax cuts expire.

My healthcare has not chnaged at all yet. However, when the healthcare law goes inbto full swing in 2014, I have reason to believe my options of doctors will be minimized.

No one told me this. It is simply basic logic.

To be honest....anyone who is asking what affects we are feeling now of the legislation that has yet to go into affect is obviously one that is not aware of what the initiatives are about and when they go into affect.

Likewise, the stimulus had no positive affect on my business but I am unclear as to what kind of an affect it will have on the generation that will be responsible for paying back the money.

I also know it is helping my friends dad who was laid off a year ago from a job he had for 30 years. At 56 it is pretty hard to find a job.

Does not seem to be helping the guy down the block who's wife died of cancer. He is sad and is heartbroken.

Does not seem to be helping my brother in law who tried to make a new restaurant work, but losty all he inveested in it when it failed. He had a bad business model

Point is, sure it is helping some people.....but we all have things that happen in life and it is not governments job to fix it for us.

maybe a lot of those liberals have a lot of education. Unemployment for a 4 year degree or more is around 5%.
I've always lived way below my means, smaller house etc. I've never paid more than 2/3 what an average new car cost even though I trade in far too often. I invest way more than average for over 25 years and that's what's set me up to be able to retire before 55. It's not for everyone, if you like keeping up with the Jones's building a nest egg is tough.

Does not seem to be helping the guy down the block who's wife died of cancer. He is sad and is heartbroken.

Does not seem to be helping my brother in law who tried to make a new restaurant work, but losty all he inveested in it when it failed. He had a bad business model

Point is, sure it is helping some people.....but we all have things that happen in life and it is not governments job to fix it for us.

Why not, we give them more than enough money.

And to ask for something tangible in return is not unreasonable.

Did I say it solves all problems? UE is just helping my friend's dad at this moment.

So exactly why should one man who paid taxes all his life and made the decision to work for a company and the company went out of business be helped by the government but another man who paid taxes all his life and opted to start a business and go out of business NOT be helped by the government?

So exactly why should one man who paid taxes all his life and made the decision to work for a company and the company went out of business be helped by the government but another man who paid taxes all his life and opted to start a business and go out of business NOT be helped by the government?

The answer lies not in prudent fiscal strategy, but in effectively marketing to specific voting blocks. ;)

I have no problem with either man being helped by the government, the key word being helped.

I have no problem with either man being helped by the government, the key word being helped.

First of all, both men are not being helped by the government. Only the employee. Not the former business owner.

Secondly, helped is one thing. Supported by, is another.

The answer lies not in prudent fiscal strategy, but in effectively marketing to specific voting blocks. ;)
Yeah.....well.....
Lets worry about political expediency and forget about incenticvizing innovation.
And yes, I saw the sarcasm.....

But it is sad, isnt it?

Yeah.....well.....
Lets worry about political expediency and forget about incenticvizing innovation.

But it is sad, isnt it?

Yes, it's truly sad. But that's what happens after the tipping point of most people not paying federal income tax. Then there are the economists who have become experts at spinning and retroactive analysis, none of them have actually done anything outside of academia. There is absolutely no success record for these people. When was the last time these so-called experts ever got a prediction correct?

I know the last time they got it wrong:

2unvpex.gif

Yeah.....well.....

But it is sad, isnt it?

Yes, it's truly sad. But that's what happens after the tipping point of most people not paying federal income tax. Then there are the economists who have become experts at spinning and retroactive analysis, none of them have actually done anything outside of academia. There is absolutely no success record for these people. When was the last time these so-called experts ever got a prediction correct?

I know the last time they got it wrong:

2unvpex.gif

Yea, but in all fairness.....we can not blame them for getting it wrong.

Afterall, those 100 TOP ECONOMISTS that Mr. Obama referred to did not read the ECONOMIC SITUATION properly.

Funny thing. No one in the media jumped all over that one.

Gheitner....the best.....we need him....forget his tax issues...there is no one better
100 top economists...the best in the world....Obama is advised by ONLY the best..

And yet...."we did not know how bad the econopmy was" was their excuse and deemed a vialid one.

As a matter of fact, there are Obama sheep on here that repeat that in half their arguments during economic related debates.

First of all, both men are not being helped by the government. Only the employee. Not the former business owner.

But the business owner got many, many tax breaks and incentives along the way that the employee did not.

Yea, but in all fairness.....we can not blame them for getting it wrong.

Afterall, those 100 TOP ECONOMISTS that Mr. Obama referred to did not read the ECONOMIC SITUATION properly.

Funny thing. No one in the media jumped all over that one.

Gheitner....the best.....we need him....forget his tax issues...there is no one better
100 top economists...the best in the world....Obama is advised by ONLY the best..

And yet...."we did not know how bad the econopmy was" was their excuse and deemed a vialid one.

As a matter of fact, there are Obama sheep on here that repeat that in half their arguments during economic related debates.

Yup.

The true irony is that this crowd was trash talking the economy even before the meltdown. Now they can't even hope to get back there so they've got to spin spin spin.

If these elitist types actually believed the bullshit they were selling they would be voluntarily contributing more money to the federal government. Notice how none of them ever do that.

But the business owner got many, many tax breaks and incentives along the way that the employee did not.

He did?

As a business owner, I get tax breaks on my personal income tax?

Exactly what are you referring to?

A specific business owner or all of them in general?

A specific business owner or all of them in general?

I am a NYS sub chapter (s) corp.
I take distributions as income and I also take a weekly check.
My personal return has no advantages over my employees personal returns.

I do not understand what he is referring to.

Forum List

Back