Life sucks right now?

Just curious how your life's effected right now, as opposed to ever before(that's important), as a result of Government. I'm interested in people's stories. Please, share! :razz:

I work as a caseworker. I haven't had a raise in two years, we now have to take mandatory furlough days (for which we aren't paid). Our caseloads are bigger, but there's a hiring freeze. More people are eligible for coverage, but the coverage is crappier (no more dental or vision at all).

And instead of working, my loser ex is now on his third unemployment extension. Each one gets smaller, so the child support is now hovering around $28 a week for two kids. His m.o. has always been to take the UC until it runs out, then get a job and work until lay off, then take UC again. But now he doesn't need to go back to work at all, so he isn't.

Meanwhile, despite the economy and the huge dip in property values, property taxes continue to climb astronomically.

So much for this dipshit administration protecting the little people.

Let's see

The Fucking State is auditing me to see if i paid my unemployment taxes. Which in fact I overpaid last year and was sent a refund. And now I have to pay my accountant to sit with the fucking tax idiot

Workman's comp has just gone up for the third year in a row even though we have never had a claim

The State has a roving band of asshole inspectors looking to hand out 1000 dollar fines for every bottle of glass cleaner that's not labeled correctly

Permit fees have doubled

DEA licensing has gone up

Fees at the transfer station have gone up

Building permit fees have gone up and it takes the fucking inspector 3 weeks to show up and sign off on a permit which fucks every other job time-line up

So in short the fucking government has raised prices, hired a shitload of idiots and the service sucks even more than it used to.

Well then, you must be one of the rich people we're all supposed to hate! Because heaven knows, the middle and lower classes is supposed to be protected from tax hikes and success penalties.

If you've got so much money why aren't you being patriotic and putting people back to work with it?

I've got that whole mill in stocks, it's called capitalism. Guess where the capital to put people to work comes from. A million is also far from rich by the way, I can't afford a decent house in Cali where the wife wants to move. In Louisiana it goes twice as far.

So you agree that investment creates jobs? At least as far as your own money is concerned?

I don't recall ever saying remotely close that investment didn't create jobs!!!

Unless you own a time machine or are clairvoyant, there is always uncertainty about the future.

Read my comment again. There's a lot more uncertainty now.

About the only thing you can predict about the future is that it isn't here yet.

Last year I could predict my fixed and variable costs for this year at different profit levels using various methods. This year that's nearly impossible right now since the tax code hasn't implemented recent changes that will take effect in 5 months.

Then factor that uncertainty into your projections.

And if changes in the tax code are standing between you and success, then you're probably already in failure mode and should maybe pull the plug before it's too late.

I would love to know what you do for a living. I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with anything you just opined moronically on.

Substantial tax hikes can move businesses into failure mode real fast. If you knew anything about business, you would know that. And "failure mode" is what most businesses are in for the first few years.

Just curious how your life's effected right now, as opposed to ever before(that's important), as a result of Government. I'm interested in people's stories. Please, share! :razz:

I work as a caseworker. I haven't had a raise in two years, we now have to take mandatory furlough days (for which we aren't paid). Our caseloads are bigger, but there's a hiring freeze. More people are eligible for coverage, but the coverage is crappier (no more dental or vision at all).

And instead of working, my loser ex is now on his third unemployment extension. Each one gets smaller, so the child support is now hovering around $28 a week for two kids. His m.o. has always been to take the UC until it runs out, then get a job and work until lay off, then take UC again. But now he doesn't need to go back to work at all, so he isn't.

Meanwhile, despite the economy and the huge dip in property values, property taxes continue to climb astronomically.

So much for this dipshit administration protecting the little people.

wow, not the best report ever. I paid $1,100 per month for 1 16yr old and private tuition. Though I was glad to do it. The $1,100 seemed like a lot but I wasn't going to dream of not paying his prive school tuition so that's what I did.

Last year I could predict my fixed and variable costs for this year at different profit levels using various methods. This year that's nearly impossible right now since the tax code hasn't implemented recent changes that will take effect in 5 months.

And if changes in the tax code are standing between you and success, then you're probably already in failure mode and should maybe pull the plug before it's too late.

I would love to know what you do for a living. I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with anything you just opined moronically on.

Substantial tax hikes can move businesses into failure mode real fast. If you knew anything about business, you would know that. And "failure mode" is what most businesses are in for the first few years.

I'm a retired engineer.

Applied sound business practices during the dot com boom of the '90s and the housing boom of the '00s to live happily ever after.

Too bad you didn't do the same. It's not as if it wasn't staring you right in the face.

Now get back to work wage slave.

When you only get paid once a year like I do?

I never really know how I'll be doing.

Right now?

I'm okay.

What could the government do for me?

Well they could either stop funding my competition with 40 times as much money as I have budgeted every year, or they could fund me at the same level.

That would help.

The first mil's the toughest.

I'll prob never make it to two as I'll retire before 55, so for me it's the first 100k was the toughest. That took forever then they just started clicking.

If you've got so much money why aren't you being patriotic and putting people back to work with it?

Because he's full of shit ROFL and proves it. Claims to have an MBA , claims to have 26 years experience. Hell that would put him pretty damn near his 55 age retirement now.

LIAR

The first mil's the toughest.

I'll prob never make it to two as I'll retire before 55, so for me it's the first 100k was the toughest. That took forever then they just started clicking.

Not everybody who has money is in business.

Some people accumulated wealth over many years by living modestly and well within their means. A practice which seems to have been lost.

Seems that no matter the job I have,government wants to regulate that specific industry into oblivion

Unless you own a time machine or are clairvoyant, there is always uncertainty about the future.

About the only thing you can predict about the future is that it isn't here yet.

Without a baseline?

Read my comments again. You clearly missed a key point.

I've got that whole mill in stocks, it's called capitalism. Guess where the capital to put people to work comes from. A million is also far from rich by the way, I can't afford a decent house in Cali where the wife wants to move. In Louisiana it goes twice as far.

So you agree that investment creates jobs? At least as far as your own money is concerned?

I don't recall ever saying remotely close that investment didn't create jobs!!!

Ok. Do you think it's wise to decrease the incentive for investment?

If I told you, then you would know what I do, and have done for a living and I am not in the business of telling strangers what I do for a living. Let us just say, that the FDA and banking has caused me to have to change jobs twice in 3 years time.

So in other words, you don't know. You're just spewing out crap that you hear on Fox or Limbaughs' show.

No surprise here.

Last edited:

My state government is actually helping me. My son was classified as DD this last year, which means he can be on state medical. If he wasn't there is no way I could pay for his therapy three times a week. With his therapy, by the time he needs to start school he should be on the same pace as most kids his age.

How is everyone doing? Hmmm, well, ask the people on SS that won't see a raise for three years. Ask the disabled veterans who won't see a raise for three years. Ask one of the 9.7% of people who are unemployed and can't find a job. Ask the person who is barely scraping by but now is going to be unconstitutionally forced by the government to buy health insurance.

Funny how the liberals in this thread are all mysteriously doing so well. Wonder how many are actually telling the truth. We have no way of knowing. They could be just bull shitting trying to make their shitty little kenyan dictator look good. Well I for one don't buy it. The country is a financial train wreck in progress, and no matter how many fairy tales of utopian wealth and splendor the liberals try and pass off here, they're not going to fool many people.

Forum List

Back