Libs to Collins, vote no on Kavanaugh , or else

This is also why I think the SCOTUS ruled wrong when they allowed corporations to flood our politics with corporate money.

So the regressive propaganda has managed to capture you too. Citizens United only allowed organizations to support candidates and positions all the way to an election. It changed NOTHING on campaign finance regulations.

And I disagree with it. Why you seed the power of your voice and vote to the wallet of corporations is your choice I suppose. Special interests and lobbyists have gotten us to where we are.

Money on that scale corrupts.

I guess I'm not understanding your point, carry on.

My point is that corporate lobbyists have gained more power than "the people" over our legislation. I am not content with that. I believe ALL money should be removed from our elections and they should be publicly financed. All debates should be restricted to PBS since we already pay a good chunk of money to them. Political commercials should be limited as well.
We have to get control back to the people. I can see NO REASON I should let Exxon or whatever corporation you would like to use as an example have that kind of influence over MY REPRESENATIVE

So you want more restrictions on the 1st Amendment and if your rep is giving more influence to lobbyist than you, maybe it's time to get a new representative. The only major change I'd like to see, is to restrict donations to candidates from the area they will represent. None of this flooding the zone with out of state money.

Has nothing to do with first amendment rights.
If I punch you because I don't like your opinion vs my own, I am not exercising my first amendment rights. Sadly the broad brush we use to identify first amendment rights now includes physical actions.

It seems the liberals have stooped to a new low. They are threatening to give Collin's opponent over 800,000 in campaign contributions if she gives a thumbs up to Kavanaugh. If she votes no they won't give the money to her opponent .

In mid-August, liberal activists started a crowdfunding campaign that aimed to raise $500,000 for Collins’s Democratic challenger in 2020 — a sum that it pledged to return to donors if the incumbent Republican votes “no” on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.
Liberal Group Crowdfunds $875,000 for Susan Collins’s Next Challenger
Or else they will dump a million dollars to beat her when she runs for re-election. Sounds like democracy to me.

Especially when she pretends to be moderate and “pro choice”

That is called politics. Get over it trumpkin
What would you know about democracy, you wouldn't know what it was if it bitch slapped you in the face.
The democrats have put their politics in the gutter with their antics of skirting bribery. (in reverse)
Everyone knows that Roe vs Wade isn't going to be an issue, but it's all the democrats have.....fear mongering.

Good grief, Wry, you have really gone over the cliff, seek help. Collins is not selling out anything.
Tax fraud? Why not remedy the spending fraud? Then let people keep more of their earned money.

There is no reason not to confirm Kavanaugh, he will make a fine justice in the SC.

Obviously you are the lemming who has followed the propagandists off of a cliff.

Notwithstanding McConnell's misfeasance there are a number of reasons to not confirm, or to at least suspend the vote on Kavanaugh.

I need not go over his demeanor, which those of us who interviewed and interrogated persons detained, was telling; or to remind you and other readers that Grassley has held back records which curious people, especially inspectors and detectives, wonder why they are hidden, and thus do not come to a conclusion until all doors are opened and all documents read and confirmed.
Your so full of your BS, Wry. When Kavanaugh went to bat for Slick Willy in the 90's, the dems loved him. Now that he was nominated by Trump......
You're such a goofball with your previous life of carrying a gun. It doesn't get my respect.
Let me ask you just this question ,,,if collins says shes pro choice how t f can she vote for an ah that will kill it if he can?

Just because he is pro life doesn't not equate to him trying to overturn an established law. That's a tough hill to climb.
That is pretty much what he told her with their conference.
Also, the man is defined by much more than that one issue, he is well respected in his field.

He is defining himself by attempting to mislead the committee, and is receiving support from the Republican Chair and the R. members of he committee.

Q. Why are they rushing to get him confirmed, they waited two years + with an eight person court

Q. Why are they hiding his record. Why did they release thousands of documents on the first day of the confirmation hearing

Q. Why are you in a hurry to have him confirmed
He's not misleading anyone.
For the rest of your frisco delusion........Q. Why not

Idiots cry "fascism", yet never can give an example of Trump fascism.

All you need to do is ask.

This one hits 2, 3, 6 and 7 of Wry's bullet points which to carry forward were:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
  2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
  3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
  4. Supremacy of the Military
  5. Sexism
  6. Controlled Mass Media
  7. Obsession with National Security
  8. Religion and Government are Intertwined
  9. Corporate Power is Protected
  10. Labor Power is Suppressed
  11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
  12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
  13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
  14. Suppression of the vote
Roll 'em.

I gotta say, my favorite part of the latter is "until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on". So precise, not vague at all, definitely definitely not a lame Appeal to Emotion (course People's Court at 6:30, People's Court), and not at all supremely arrogant in suggesting nobody ever tried to "figure out what the hell is going on" before Numero Uno got here. (/extreme sarc)

For that reason --- insulting the audience's intelligence -- I'd count #11 here as well.

All vague and nothing specific.

How the fuck is that "not specific"?? You asked for "an" example, I just gave you three, complete with videos quoting him verbatim.

And your response is to go :lalala: ?
I don't see any fascism. Perhaps you don't understand what fascism really is.

Perhaps you don't have a background in history, nor Political Science. Your post,

"Perhaps you don't understand what fascism really is"

suggests you do, please post bullet points which define fascism and explain why the 14 I posted do not.

You still haven't posted an incident of Trump's fascism. Go ahead.

So the regressive propaganda has managed to capture you too. Citizens United only allowed organizations to support candidates and positions all the way to an election. It changed NOTHING on campaign finance regulations.

And I disagree with it. Why you seed the power of your voice and vote to the wallet of corporations is your choice I suppose. Special interests and lobbyists have gotten us to where we are.

Money on that scale corrupts.

I guess I'm not understanding your point, carry on.

My point is that corporate lobbyists have gained more power than "the people" over our legislation. I am not content with that. I believe ALL money should be removed from our elections and they should be publicly financed. All debates should be restricted to PBS since we already pay a good chunk of money to them. Political commercials should be limited as well.
We have to get control back to the people. I can see NO REASON I should let Exxon or whatever corporation you would like to use as an example have that kind of influence over MY REPRESENATIVE

So you want more restrictions on the 1st Amendment and if your rep is giving more influence to lobbyist than you, maybe it's time to get a new representative. The only major change I'd like to see, is to restrict donations to candidates from the area they will represent. None of this flooding the zone with out of state money.

Has nothing to do with first amendment rights.
If I punch you because I don't like your opinion vs my own, I am not exercising my first amendment rights. Sadly the broad brush we use to identify first amendment rights now includes physical actions.

Your right to swing your fists ends where my person begins, however you are allowed to burn your own flag, bible or what ever property you own, if fires are allowed in that area, those are physical actions. But if government tells me and my friends and we can't combine our resources and buy an ad to advocate our political positions, that is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

It seems the liberals have stooped to a new low. They are threatening to give Collin's opponent over 800,000 in campaign contributions if she gives a thumbs up to Kavanaugh. If she votes no they won't give the money to her opponent .

In mid-August, liberal activists started a crowdfunding campaign that aimed to raise $500,000 for Collins’s Democratic challenger in 2020 — a sum that it pledged to return to donors if the incumbent Republican votes “no” on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.
Or else they will dump a million dollars to beat her when she runs for re-election. Sounds like democracy to me.

What would you know about democracy, you wouldn't know what it was if it bitch slapped you in the face.
The democrats have put their politics in the gutter with their antics of skirting bribery. (in reverse)
Everyone knows that Roe vs Wade isn't going to be an issue, but it's all the democrats have.....fear mongering.
Ok yutz

This is the wonderful thing about the freedom of association in our Constitution. The ability of the little people to band together against the powerful to achieve an end. We all benefit from this right, and this group is simply exercising that right.

And we have retards actually whining about the exercising of it. Just because it is being used to the advantage of their political opponents. And they are acting as if this is some fucking unprecedented thing, and not something which occurs every single fucking day since our founding!

Even worse, they believe this RIGHT is a CRIME!!!

Jesus Christ, spare us from any more of this stupidity.

I would add that when the conservatives on our supreme court have ruled years ago that money is free speech. That corporations are people and have the same free speech as human beings. That politicians can raise unlimited amount of money without even saying where it came from.

These same people who are having a hard time with people actually expressing their right to free speech as ruled by the conservative supreme court judges these same conservatives love and defend.

The reality is that these conservatives love that free speech and all those rulings. When it benefits conservatives. These same people have no problem with the koch brothers or the mercer family or sheldon adelson or one of many other conservative billionaires who pour money into conservative politicians and judges but when people who don't share conservative views do it, these same conservatives scream bloody murder.

They scream for things then when they get them, they whine and cry about it.

Go figure.

I'm sorry, were you saying something that was supposed to make sense to us? Or was it just "Conservatives are evil! All of this is bad, because it was done by conservatives, and that makes it bad! WAaaaahh!!"? Because I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

As long as they finally pull their heads out and figure out how to do it legally and ethically, they can go right on with themselves. Funny how your attempt to glide right past the fact that THIS incident was neither - OR the fact that you leftists wouldn't recognize ethics if they crawled up your pants legs - didn't accomplish your goal at all.

All you need to do is ask.

This one hits 2, 3, 6 and 7 of Wry's bullet points which to carry forward were:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
  2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
  3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
  4. Supremacy of the Military
  5. Sexism
  6. Controlled Mass Media
  7. Obsession with National Security
  8. Religion and Government are Intertwined
  9. Corporate Power is Protected
  10. Labor Power is Suppressed
  11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
  12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
  13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
  14. Suppression of the vote
Roll 'em.

I gotta say, my favorite part of the latter is "until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on". So precise, not vague at all, definitely definitely not a lame Appeal to Emotion (course People's Court at 6:30, People's Court), and not at all supremely arrogant in suggesting nobody ever tried to "figure out what the hell is going on" before Numero Uno got here. (/extreme sarc)

For that reason --- insulting the audience's intelligence -- I'd count #11 here as well.

How the fuck is that "not specific"?? You asked for "an" example, I just gave you three, complete with videos quoting him verbatim.

Perhaps you don't have a background in history, nor Political Science. Your post,

suggests you do, please post bullet points which define fascism and explain why the 14 I posted do not.

Go back to kindergarten, Peewee. I just told you I don't play dat.

iu

Grow the fuck up.

iu

Grow the fuck up.
Poor little thing. Crying about fascism and can't produce one incident. Do you know the definition of "indoctrinated"?

iu

Grow the fuck up.
Poor little thing. Crying about fascism and can't produce one incident. Do you know the definition of "indoctrinated"?

"Fake News"?
"Lock her up"?
"Believe me"?
"Witch Hunt"?

Anyone who uses these idiot-grams have been indoctrinated.

That is called bribery. Or extortion. Maybe both. You do know that Collins voted for Kagan and Sotomayor, right?

iu

Grow the fuck up.

"Fake News"?
"Lock her up"?
"Believe me"?
"Witch Hunt"?

Anyone who uses these idiot-grams have been indoctrinated.
You guys have been investigating Trump since he beat the smartest woman in the world and you have nothing. That's a witch hunt. Especially when the real witch is Hillary and her dirty deeds are being ignored. You lost, get over it.

This is the wonderful thing about the freedom of association in our Constitution. The ability of the little people to band together against the powerful to achieve an end. We all benefit from this right, and this group is simply exercising that right.

And we have retards actually whining about the exercising of it. Just because it is being used to the advantage of their political opponents. And they are acting as if this is some fucking unprecedented thing, and not something which occurs every single fucking day since our founding!

Even worse, they believe this RIGHT is a CRIME!!!

Jesus Christ, spare us from any more of this stupidity.

I would add that when the conservatives on our supreme court have ruled years ago that money is free speech. That corporations are people and have the same free speech as human beings. That politicians can raise unlimited amount of money without even saying where it came from.

These same people who are having a hard time with people actually expressing their right to free speech as ruled by the conservative supreme court judges these same conservatives love and defend.

The reality is that these conservatives love that free speech and all those rulings. When it benefits conservatives. These same people have no problem with the koch brothers or the mercer family or sheldon adelson or one of many other conservative billionaires who pour money into conservative politicians and judges but when people who don't share conservative views do it, these same conservatives scream bloody murder.

They scream for things then when they get them, they whine and cry about it.

Go figure.

That politicians can raise unlimited amount of money without even saying where it came from.
Just one fine example of things you think you know that simply aren't true.

FEC.gov

What is wrong with that. Money is the mother's milk of politics.

The idiocy and hypocrisy of this, of course, is that this is the same tactic used by conservatives against a Democratic officeholder whose position on an issue the right opposes.

Obviously you are the lemming who has followed the propagandists off of a cliff.

Notwithstanding McConnell's misfeasance there are a number of reasons to not confirm, or to at least suspend the vote on Kavanaugh.

I need not go over his demeanor, which those of us who interviewed and interrogated persons detained, was telling; or to remind you and other readers that Grassley has held back records which curious people, especially inspectors and detectives, wonder why they are hidden, and thus do not come to a conclusion until all doors are opened and all documents read and confirmed.
Your so full of your BS, Wry. When Kavanaugh went to bat for Slick Willy in the 90's, the dems loved him. Now that he was nominated by Trump......
You're such a goofball with your previous life of carrying a gun. It doesn't get my respect.
Let me ask you just this question ,,,if collins says shes pro choice how t f can she vote for an ah that will kill it if he can?

Just because he is pro life doesn't not equate to him trying to overturn an established law. That's a tough hill to climb.
That is pretty much what he told her with their conference.
Also, the man is defined by much more than that one issue, he is well respected in his field.

He is defining himself by attempting to mislead the committee, and is receiving support from the Republican Chair and the R. members of he committee.

Q. Why are they rushing to get him confirmed, they waited two years + with an eight person court

Q. Why are they hiding his record. Why did they release thousands of documents on the first day of the confirmation hearing

Q. Why are you in a hurry to have him confirmed
He's not misleading anyone.
For the rest of your frisco delusion........Q. Why not

Rule #3 in the Conservative Guideline to debate: When incapable of answering a question, or painted into a corner, change course and respond with a question.

"frisco delusion" is an idiot-gram: Bigot / ignorance variety.

Just switch "line" to NRA and see if you're still outraged! New low! Hardy har har!

Vote buying is illegal. Granted this is a reverse method, but the intent is the same.

This is as dishonest. And it is why they did it in reverse. Instead of saying "we will give this money to you if you vote no" they said "we will give it to your opponent if you vote yes". Al Sharpton used to do basically the same thing with juries. After each successive jury returned a "not guilty" verdict in one or another of his Democrat Party-money laundering schemes he sent them on a two or three week cruise through the Greek isles. All expenses paid. And he advertised it heavily. It is said people bid to get on his jury trials.

So let me repeat my mantra. Your..our..problem is not political. And the solution wont be political.

“Libs to Collins, vote no on Kavanaugh , or else”

The American people to any elected official: “vote ‘no’ on this issue, or we’ll oppose you and seek to have you voted out of office.”

The right’s ignorance of, or contempt for, how a representative democracy works comes as no surprise.

Forum List

Back