Libertarian spoilage.

Pick one

• I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Romney because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Obama because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm a libertarian. I voted for the Libertarian. Duh.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I'm not a libertarian. I don't matter.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Choice number four is why Libertarians will never gain ground.

Choice number four is a joke, dork. Smile a little!

It was originally "I'm not a libertarian, why did I respond to this poll?"

(Unless you are suggesting libertarians never gain ground because we are too subtle and people don't always get our jokes. You may have a point there.)

Last edited:
Choice number four is why Libertarians will never gain ground.

Choice number four is a joke, dork. Smile a little!

It was originally "I'm not a libertarian, why did I respond to this poll?"

(Unless you are suggesting libertarians never gain ground because we are too subtle and people don't always get our jokes. You may have a point there.)
I did get your joke....but it is actually a truism from a libertarian point of view when you get right down to it. Hence my comment.

:cool:

Thought I'd run a poll on the decisions of voters who consider themselves libertarians.
I don't consider myself a libertarian. I did however vote for one. So... I took the best option.

What is the Libertarian position on immigration reform?

Libertarians believe in property rights. It's the right of anybody to hire whoever they want at their place of business, and it's the right of anybody to sell their property to anybody they want. We see no reason why arbitrarily defined borders should restrict anybody's right to do that.

I believe he just said 'open borders.'

LOL

Thought I'd run a poll on the decisions of voters who consider themselves libertarians.
I don't consider myself a libertarian. I did however vote for one. So... I took the best option.

That's cool. The reason I posted the poll was to get a feel for how many people would have voted Libertarian if not for the lesser-of-two-evils-omg-I'm-wasting-my-vote mindset. Detractors always want to point to the vote totals as an indicator of how little support there is for the libertarian cause, and I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. I hear people all the time telling me they'd really rather vote for Gary Johnson (or another Libertarian candidate), but they don't want to 'waste their vote'. Probably won't get an accurate cross-section here anyway.

That's cool. The reason I posted the poll was to get a feel for how many people would have voted Libertarian if not for the lesser-of-two-evils-omg-I'm-wasting-my-vote mindset. Detractors always want to point to the vote totals as an indicator of how little support there is for the libertarian cause, and I'm pretty sure that's not accurate. I hear people all the time telling me they'd really rather vote for Gary Johnson (or another Libertarian candidate), but they don't want to 'waste their vote'. Probably won't get an accurate cross-section here anyway.

Sure. Okey Dokey.

LOL

What is the Libertarian position on immigration reform?

Libertarians believe in property rights. It's the right of anybody to hire whoever they want at their place of business, and it's the right of anybody to sell their property to anybody they want. We see no reason why arbitrarily defined borders should restrict anybody's right to do that.

LOL

Depends on what you mean by "open borders."

LOL

Depends on what you mean by "open borders."

You believe 100 million central Americans should be permitted to come into our Nation, squat down and make us another 3rd World shithole.

It isn't that complicated.

Forum List

Back