Libertarian spoilage.

Pick one

• I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Romney because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Obama because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm a libertarian. I voted for the Libertarian. Duh.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I'm not a libertarian. I don't matter.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
You believe 100 million central Americans should be permitted to come into our Nation, squat down and make us another 3rd World shithole.

It isn't that complicated.

Ahh darn, you're on to me.

And since you must deflect when it comes down such simple truths, you must by now understand why Libertarians get less than 1% of the vote.

That would be because society overall has been convinced that everything they need/have/want comes from government.

And since you must deflect when it comes down such simple truths, you must by now understand why Libertarians get less than 1% of the vote.

That would be because society overall has been convinced that everything they need/have/want comes from government.

And when we are discussing serious issues such as the real danger of illegal immegration, Libertarians can only spout whimsical esoteric soundbites they have memorized as to how things really aughta be.

You believe 100 million central Americans should be permitted to come into our Nation, squat down and make us another 3rd World shithole.

It isn't that complicated.

Deflecting is defined as refusing to bite at straw men arguments and demagoguery?

Deflecting is defined as refusing to bite at straw men arguments and demagoguery?

It isn't a strawman at all.

Lemming just reinterated on the next post that anyone should be allowed to squat anywhere they want to squat, including 300 million or so third worlders to our south who would love to take him up on his generosity. It is the pure Libertarianism you wish Gary Johnson had.

Do I really need to remind you again on why you guys don't matter?

Last edited:

It isn't a strawman at all.

Lemming just reinterated on the next post that anyone should be allowed to squat anywhere they want to squat, including 300 million or so third worlders to our south who would love to take him up on his generosity.

Do I really need to remind you again on why you guys don't matter?

Actually umm... yes, it is, and no, he didn't.

No, that would be because less than one percent of the country actually believes such nonsense.

Libertarians get tiny vote percentages for the same reason any third party does. Plurality voting persuades most voters, to disregard third parties out of hand - even if they like the candidates and message of the party.

So, I'm confident that there are many voters out there who would have voted for a Libertarian candidate if they thought they had a decent chance of winning. How many is an open question. There are surveys done yearly that indicate 10-20%. That seems a little high to me, but I'm confident the real percentage would be somewhere between 1 and 20.

No, that would be because less than one percent of the country actually believes such nonsense.

Libertarians get tiny vote percentages for the same reason any third party does. Plurality voting persuades most voters, to disregard third parties out of hand - even if they like the candidates and message of the party.

So, I'm confident that there are many voters out there who would have voted for a Libertarian candidate if they thought they had a decent chance of winning. How many is an open question. There are surveys done yearly that indicate 10-20%. That seems a little high to me, but I'm confident the real percentage would be somewhere between 1 and 20.

Do you, too, believe it is permissible for 200 million third worlders to flock into America and squat down thanks to your most generous open borders platform?

Or would you rather just avoid bothersome real world scenarios and wax esoteric about the way things aughta be?

Do you, too, believe it is permissible for 200 million third worlders to flock into America and squat down thanks to your most generous open borders platform?

Or would you rather just avoid bothersome real world scenarios and wax esoteric about the way things aughta be?

You have no idea what the term "third world" is do you?

Who is Johnson? lol

He is the candidate for presidency who would have not invaded two countries for the hell of it, he is not the war criminal who murdered millions of innocent people in Iraq, and AfPak , he is the candate who would have not driven the country to banruptcy by wasting a gazillion dollars in two unnecessary wars.

What???

I was talking about trying to get some real sense of how much support is out there for the libertarian cause. I'm not sure what you're going on about.

What???

I was talking about trying to get some real sense of how much support is out there for the libertarian cause. I'm not sure what you're going on about.

You really aren't aware that Libertarian cause calls for the support of open borders?

What???

You really aren't aware that 'true' Libertarians support open borders?

Listen, I know you don't like libertarianism. You've made that clear enough in many other posts. I'd rather not get into the details here.

What???

Listen, I know you don't like libertarianism. You've made that clear enough in many other posts. I'd rather not get into the details here.

You are the third Libertarian on this thread who simply refuses to even address one of America's most pressing issues - that of our security concerns of our borders.

How do you ever think you can convince people to support your ideology if you run from the issues?

You are the third Libertarian on this thread who simply refuses to even address one of America's most pressing issues - that of our security concerns of our borders.

How do you ever think you can convince people to support your ideology if you run from the issues?

Listen, I don't want to be rude, but it's off-topic and you're just in here spoiling for some stupid fight.

Forum List

Back