Libertarian spoilage.

Pick one

• I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Romney because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm liked Johnson better, but I voted for Obama because I didn't want to waste my vote.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm a libertarian. I voted for the Libertarian. Duh.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I'm not a libertarian. I don't matter.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Sniper I don't get your beef with people having a desire for "the way things ought to be".

You have missed my several dissertations on the topic.

Down and dirty, to be a Libertarian one must be intentionally and woefully oblivious to the lessons of world history, and be willfully ignorant on the vagrancies of human nature.

You really aren't aware that 'true' Libertarians support open borders?

Listen, I know you don't like libertarianism. You've made that clear enough in many other posts. I'd rather not get into the details here.

You are the third Libertarian on this thread who simply refuses to even address one of America's most pressing issues - that of our security concerns of our borders.

How do you ever think you can convince people to support your ideology if you run from the issues?

Well, I dont even care for states to be honest but yes, pure libertarians don't care for borders. There is certainly an offspring of Libertarians who advocate border security, even up to using the military that would be recalled from everywhere to do so. But yes pure libertarians advocate freedom and that includes the ability to go where you please.

Sniper I don't get your beef with people having a desire for "the way things ought to be".

Down and dirty, to be a Libertarian one must be intentionally and woefully oblivious to the lessons of world history, and be willfully ignorant on the vagrancies of human nature.

Anyone can just say ridiculous shit. Republicans eat babies. Proof? Links? I'll even settle for something theoretical.

Anyone can just say ridiculous shit. Republicans eat babies. Proof? Links? I'll even settle for something theoretical.

You could probably use the forum search and find the several threads in question.

I have no reason to rehash it.

You could probably use the forum search and find the several threads in question.

I have no reason to rehash it.

Ok. Enjoy your shackles.

Lesser-of-two-evils thinking is valid, as it gets you less evil. And less evil is better than more evil.

.......with an approval Congressional rating of 13% and $16 trillion in debt.

Are you ready for more drama between the House and Obama? Obama will claim that the GOP are obstructionists once again by refusing to pay down the debt by not taxing income of higher wage earners. Then the GOP will reply that we don't need to raise taxes on anyone, all we need to do is cut spending. In the end, after sensationalized media stories about government possibly coming to a halt and/or another financial down grade they will come to a decision to reduce the deficit by a few million dollars or so. LOL.

Of course, Obama may just wait till 2014 to see if the GOP will get voted out. More than likely this will be the course of action at first. That way if the democrats take the House, they can return to not passing budgets and forget about reducing spending by a few dollars or two.

Last edited:
You really aren't aware that 'true' Libertarians support open borders?

Listen, I know you don't like libertarianism. You've made that clear enough in many other posts. I'd rather not get into the details here.

You are the third Libertarian on this thread who simply refuses to even address one of America's most pressing issues - that of our security concerns of our borders.

How do you ever think you can convince people to support your ideology if you run from the issues?

Who failed to address the issue? I plainly stated the libertarian position on immigration. We simply refuse to address your demagoguery.

"Vagrancies" of human nature from which pious finger-wagging gasbags like you conveniently exempt themselves.:rolleyes:

images

Well, I dont even care for states to be honest but yes, pure libertarians don't care for borders. There is certainly an offspring of Libertarians who advocate border security, even up to using the military that would be recalled from everywhere to do so. But yes pure libertarians advocate freedom and that includes the ability to go where you please.

I should have not included you in refusing to address the topic. Props for manning up.

"Vagrancies" of human nature from which pious finger-wagging gasbags like you conveniently exempt themselves.:rolleyes:

images

Not at all. I have my own set of proclivities, bias', vagrancies and agenda.

You believe we can all just shoot it out, Deadwood, South Dakota style.

The rest of the civilized world finds that laughable.

It isn't a strawman at all.

Lemming just reinterated on the next post that anyone should be allowed to squat anywhere they want to squat, including 300 million or so third worlders to our south who would love to take him up on his generosity. It is the pure Libertarianism you wish Gary Johnson had.

Do I really need to remind you again on why you guys don't matter?

At least Johnson has the gonades to defend an immigration policy that is already in place. It beats a president who gives Executive Orders that contradict federal laws on illegal immigration.

Considering that we will all be speaking Spanish in a few years, I dare say it is a good political strategy even though I have issues with it as a Libertarian.

images

Wow...Another preposterouis straw man argument...You suck this as badly as liberoidals like MarcieATL. :lol:

Where is the "I'm a Libertarian and I didn't vote for anyone" option.

I was just looking for relative measure of how many might have voted Libertarian if they hadn't fell for the lesser-of-two-evils thinking.

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one." --Thomas Paine

It's ALWAYS a vote for the lesser of two evils... always. And every one of you who threw your vote away on a candidate you KNEW had no hope of winning, every one of you who abstained because you didn't like your choices, are just as culpable for the result of this election and four more years of the Obama tyranny as any Obama voter. Don't kid yourselves.

Where is the "I'm a Libertarian and I didn't vote for anyone" option.

I was just looking for relative measure of how many might have voted Libertarian if they hadn't fell for the lesser-of-two-evils thinking.

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one." --Thomas Paine

It's ALWAYS a vote for the lesser of two evils... always. And every one of you who threw your vote away on a candidate you KNEW had no hope of winning, every one of you who abstained because you didn't like your choices, are just as culpable for the result of this election and four more years of the Obama tyranny as any Obama voter. Don't kid yourselves.

Well since government has become intolerable, if it ever wasn't, what does it matter who anybody voted for?

images

Wow...Another preposterouis straw man argument...You suck this as badly as liberoidals like MarcieATL. :lol:

The Deadwood society is a perfected Libertarian idea, as we concluded after more than one extensive examination of the topic.

Well since government has become intolerable, if it ever wasn't, what does it matter who anybody voted for?

You eat a bear one bite at a time, man. You KNEW what Barack Obama was. You had already experienced his governance. And yeah.. Mitt Romney might not have been your ideal candidate, but he might have brought us a couple of inches closer to what we're looking for. And instead of gaining a couple of inches, you chose to lose a couple of miles.

You guys can, and will I'm sure, argue back. But in your heart of hearts, you know I'm right. If government has become "intolerable" you FIGHT. Now, that might be with the pen rather than the sword, or with the ballot. But you don't just roll over and accept the thing that's MOST antithetical to your beliefs because it wasn't exactly what you wanted.

Forum List

Back