Liberals Threaten NRA Spokesperson

Funny, your entire quote here doesn't say a damn thing about "Liberals". It repeatedly cites "gun control advocates".

There's a difference?

Of course there's a difference. Always has been. Once again it was Liberals who wrote the Second Amendment in the first place. And also once again, neither the quoted text, nor its source link, ever mentions anything about "Liberal" anything, except for its references TO that Amendment.

It also mentions "2A" (the Second Amendment), which was written by ---- Liberals.

Don't even try to pretend that the liberals of the 18th century have anything in common with so-called liberals of today.

Hey, it's not in my control if undereduated wags are misusing a long-established term into its own opposite. That shit started with the con artistry of Joe McCarthy and the "Red Scare" daze. We're not required to not-see-through that for the snake oil it is. George H.W. Bush revived it in 1988 trying to use the term against his opponent as if it were some kind of slur (which was the idea of Lee Atwater, another con man). Have the stones to stand up and ask why they would do that. And who is served by that linguistic conflation. That deliberate dumb-down of things we already knew. WHO does it serve to hand out counterfeit political terms?

The OP here tried to run exactly the same bullshit, shoving the word "Liberal" into a series of tweets that never used the term at all. That's deliberate language-poisoning, and it's done to deliberately create the very minefield of mendacity you just walked into.

Again, as already noted ---- these antagonists, if they even exist (we have only hearsay tweets from a stranger) might be leftists, if they derive from a political philosophy. Or they might just be emotional terroristic assholes with no particular political base at all. But they cannot be "Liberals", by definition. Nor did the complainant call them that. Again the OP plugged that in.

Why can't you call him out for his blatant dishonesty in doing that? I sure can.

Reading is a lost art.

As is intellectual honesty, apparently.

Apparently so yep. We've got wags wallowing around pretending a long-established term actually means the opposite of ---- itself. If that ain't Doublethink I don't know what is.

Last edited:
National Rifle Association spokesperson Dana Loesch said Sunday she was preparing to move from her home "due to repeated threats from gun control advocates."

In a series of tweets, Loesch explained some of the threats she has recently experienced.

Follow
Dana Loesch

Spent my weekend preparing to move due to repeated threats from gun control advocates. 1

6:47 PM - Oct 15, 2017

"One guy hunted down my private cellphone number, called when police were here, threatened to shoot me in my front yard," Loesch wrote.

In another post, Loesch said someone posted photos of her house, and "threatened to rape me to death."

Another guy created a string of social media accounts, posted photos of my house, threatened to rape me to death.

The threats haven't just targeted Loesch, but have also focused on her children.

4 Another gun control advocate, after threatening to hunt me down and assault me, dragged my kids into it.

5 I’m grateful that my kids’ school worked with law enforcement and private security to ensure campus safety, and work with me. #MeToo

Loesch said she's only discussed these threats "kinda vaguely," and noted there were others she "can’t discuss."

6 I’ve only ever discussed these issues kinda vaguely. More I can’t discuss. I and other 2A women are sexually threatened regularly#MeToo

7 I’m not sad, just determined. Maybe someday ppl will drop the ideological boundaries and not cherry-pick concern. Maybe someday.

8 When you think of it, it’s amazing/sad to see the treatment of women on social media who do not identify as progressive.

9 I see conservative women regularly abused on social media by some of the same people slamming Weinstein.

10 The culture is only non-conservative women deserve respect. It’s idiotic, demonstrated daily, and deserving of more than 140 chars.

To wrap up her posts, Loesch wrote, "Maybe now you understand why I believe all women have the right to defend themselves with 2A and expand their skills w training."

She recently slammed "Saturday Night Live" actors who made fun of gun owners in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre, saying during an appearance on "FOX & Friends," they "lack the courage of their own convictions."

Loesch said the anti-Second Amendment jokes are told by celebrities who often have armed security guards to protect them.

"Why don't you give up the firearms that your private security is holding?" she said. "You're not being more virtuous just because you're paying someone else to carry it. You're outsourcing it because you lack the courage of your own convictions."

Funny, your entire quote here doesn't say a damn thing about "Liberals". It repeatedly cites "gun control advocates". It also mentions "2A" (the Second Amendment), which was written by ---- Liberals.

Reading is a lost art.

This is simply a dishonest post.

Everyone knows most anti-gunners come from the left side of the aisle.

National Rifle Association spokesperson Dana Loesch said Sunday she was preparing to move from her home "due to repeated threats from gun control advocates."

In a series of tweets, Loesch explained some of the threats she has recently experienced.

Follow
Dana Loesch

Spent my weekend preparing to move due to repeated threats from gun control advocates. 1

"One guy hunted down my private cellphone number, called when police were here, threatened to shoot me in my front yard," Loesch wrote.

In another post, Loesch said someone posted photos of her house, and "threatened to rape me to death."

Another guy created a string of social media accounts, posted photos of my house, threatened to rape me to death.

The threats haven't just targeted Loesch, but have also focused on her children.

4 Another gun control advocate, after threatening to hunt me down and assault me, dragged my kids into it.

5 I’m grateful that my kids’ school worked with law enforcement and private security to ensure campus safety, and work with me. #MeToo

Loesch said she's only discussed these threats "kinda vaguely," and noted there were others she "can’t discuss."

6 I’ve only ever discussed these issues kinda vaguely. More I can’t discuss. I and other 2A women are sexually threatened regularly#MeToo

7 I’m not sad, just determined. Maybe someday ppl will drop the ideological boundaries and not cherry-pick concern. Maybe someday.

8 When you think of it, it’s amazing/sad to see the treatment of women on social media who do not identify as progressive.

9 I see conservative women regularly abused on social media by some of the same people slamming Weinstein.

10 The culture is only non-conservative women deserve respect. It’s idiotic, demonstrated daily, and deserving of more than 140 chars.

To wrap up her posts, Loesch wrote, "Maybe now you understand why I believe all women have the right to defend themselves with 2A and expand their skills w training."

She recently slammed "Saturday Night Live" actors who made fun of gun owners in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre, saying during an appearance on "FOX & Friends," they "lack the courage of their own convictions."

Loesch said the anti-Second Amendment jokes are told by celebrities who often have armed security guards to protect them.

"Why don't you give up the firearms that your private security is holding?" she said. "You're not being more virtuous just because you're paying someone else to carry it. You're outsourcing it because you lack the courage of your own convictions."

Funny, your entire quote here doesn't say a damn thing about "Liberals". It repeatedly cites "gun control advocates". It also mentions "2A" (the Second Amendment), which was written by ---- Liberals.

Reading is a lost art.

"Everyone knows" is always problematic. But I don't disagree -- I noted that in my first post here; they're more likely from the left than the right, if they have a "side".

They are not however "Liberals". And nor did the subject in the OP's link ever claim that. He put the words in her mouth.*

This is what I said from the beginning.

*--- which is ironic, considering that the alleged threats would be there to change her behaviour, and here's the OP coming in trying to ----- change her behaviour.

Logic seems to be a lost skill.

Clearly, gun control is, by and large, a liberal mantra.

"Control" is not a Liberal tenet at all. Liberalism abhors "control" except where unavoidable, and prefers to get the hell out of the way.

Get over it ---- you can't defend your fellow leftists, so you resort to petty and childish stuff like this?

"Childish"? I'm not the one trying to pretend "Liberal" and "leftist" are synonyms.

Why would we have multiple words for the exact same thing?
So ... we can assume that you are opposed to any time of "gun control"? Auto weapons? Large magazines?

Logic seems to be a lost skill.

Clearly, gun control is, by and large, a liberal mantra.

"Control" is not a Liberal tenet at all. Liberalism abhors "control" except where unavoidable, and prefers to get the hell out of the way.

Get over it ---- you can't defend your fellow leftists, so you resort to petty and childish stuff like this?

"Childish"? I'm not the one trying to pretend "Liberal" and "leftist" are synonyms.

Why would we have multiple words for the exact same thing?
So ... we can assume that you are opposed to any time of "gun control"? Auto weapons? Large magazines?

As legal measures, I've never advocated for them, that's correct. I've pointed out literally from as soon as I got to this forum (and before) that that's just political pandering to present the illusion "look at us, we're doing something". It doesn't stop gun slaughter.

Matter of fact that was the hot issue the day I joined USMB. Bob Costas had delivered a two-minute halftime commentary on gun culture, which all the gun nuts in the world immediately mischaracterized as a "gun control rant" even though he never even brought up "gun control" in any form. Not unlike the way you inserted "Liberals" into somebody's tweets who also never mentioned it. To this day you can look up that commentary on YouTube and every last one, literally, will describe it as a "gun control rant". Even though it's nowhere in the content at all.

They did that to take the focus off the actual point, which was gun culture. They can't deal with that.

Funny, your entire quote here doesn't say a damn thing about "Liberals". It repeatedly cites "gun control advocates".

There's a difference?

Of course there's a difference. Always has been. Once again it was Liberals who wrote the Second Amendment in the first place. And also once again, neither the quoted text, nor its source link, ever mentions anything about "Liberal" anything, except for its references TO that Amendment.

It also mentions "2A" (the Second Amendment), which was written by ---- Liberals.

Don't even try to pretend that the liberals of the 18th century have anything in common with so-called liberals of today.

Hey, it's not in my control if undereduated wags are misusing a long-established term into its own opposite. That shit started with the con artistry of Joe McCarthy and the "Red Scare" daze. We're not required to not-see-through that for the snake oil it is. George H.W. Bush revived it in 1988 trying to use the term against his opponent as if it were some kind of slur (which was the idea of Lee Atwater, another con man). Have the stones to stand up and ask why they would do that. And who is served by that linguistic conflation. That deliberate dumb-down of things we already knew. WHO does it serve to hand out counterfeit political terms?

The OP here tried to run exactly the same bullshit, shoving the word "Liberal" into a series of tweets that never used the term at all. That's deliberate language-poisoning, and it's done to deliberately create the very minefield of mendacity you just walked into.

Again, as already noted ---- these antagonists, if they even exist (we have only hearsay tweets from a stranger) might be leftists, if they derive from a political philosophy. Or they might just be emotional terroristic assholes with no particular political base at all. But they cannot be "Liberals", by definition. Nor did the complainant call them that. Again the OP plugged that in.

Why can't you call him out for his blatant dishonesty in doing that? I sure can.

Reading is a lost art.

Apparently so yep. We've got wags wallowing around pretending a long-established term actually means the opposite of ---- itself. If that ain't Doublethink I don't know what is.
it doesn't matter what the modern democratic party calls itself ,leftist ,liberal ............the fact is they hate the constitution and have very little in common with the founding fathers.

There's a difference?

Reading is a lost art.

it doesn't matter what the modern democratic party calls itself ,leftist ,liberal ............the fact is they hate the constitution and have very little in common with the founding fathers.
they also hate Christianity especially white evangelical Christianity ........it is only a matter of time before they link white Christians with racism.

There's a difference?

Reading is a lost art.

they also hate Christianity especially white evangelical Christianity ........it is only a matter of time before they attempt to label all white Christians as racist ...they view conservative Christians as the strongest defenders of the Constitution.

There's a difference?

Reading is a lost art.

Whatever. I haven't been posting about any "democratic party" even if you give it a capital letter. I haven't been posting about "parties" at all.

I've been posting about the bogus insertion of the term "Liberal" in the thread title.

NEITHER of which is even mentioned anywhere in the OP quote or in the link.

Go learn how to read.

Last edited:

There's a difference?

Reading is a lost art.

Whatever. I haven't been posting about any "democratic party" even if you give it a capital letter. I haven't been posting about "parties" at all.

I've been posting about the bogus insertion of the term "Liberal" in the thread title.

Go learn how to read.

Are you saying that liberals don't support gun control? Or, are you saying that the difference between liberals and leftists on gun control is that leftists are willing to threaten women and children, and liberals aren't? Bogus? I think not.

There's a difference?

Reading is a lost art.

Go learn how to read.

Are you saying that liberals don't support gun control?

Yes. That's what I'm saying to your topic. In that post I'm telling a poster to go learn how to read and quit inserting shit that wasn't there. Like you did.

The rest of that emotional strawman bullshit in your post above I cut out, so we're clear and so that you don't get to muddy the waters.

I told you back at the beginning --- Liberals wrote the Second Amendment, literally. That still holds. If you actually understood the term you're dropping in somebody else's name, you'd understand that.

There's a difference?

Go learn how to read.

Yes. That's what I'm saying to your topic. In that post I'm telling a poster to go learn how to read and quit inserting shit that wasn't there. Like you did.

The rest of that emotional strawman bullshit in your post above I cut out, so we're clear and so that you don't get to muddy the waters.

I told you back at the beginning --- Liberals wrote the Second Amendment, literally. That still holds. If you actually understood the term you're dropping in somebody else's name, you'd understand that.
There's a difference?

Go learn how to read.

Frankly, for you to conflate "liberals" today with the founding fathers is insulting, facetious, and definitely indicative of your duplicity. They are directly opposite of each other. Now, THAT is a debate I would love to have with you. Bring it on -

Go learn how to read.

Go learn how to read.

Frankly, for you to conflate "liberals" today with the founding fathers is insulting, facetious, and definitely indicative of your duplicity. They are directly opposite of each other. Now, THAT is a debate I would love to have with you. Bring it on -

Honey I brought it on with my first post here. As I've pointed out for years on this forum, you can't morph a term into its own opposite. That's Doublethink.

You can't say "the blue one --- and when I say 'blue' I mean 'yellow'. You can't say "dog kennel" if you mean "mattress".

And I made no distinction about "Liberals of today", whatever that means. The fact that you have no clue what the term means is on you, nobody else.. But as long as that's the case, refrain from putting a term you don't understand in the mouths of people who never used it in the first place.

Like you did in the title of this thread.

Last edited:

Follow
Dana Loesch

Reading is a lost art.

"Everyone knows" is always problematic. But I don't disagree -- I noted that in my first post here; they're more likely from the left than the right, if they have a "side".

They are not however "Liberals". And nor did the subject in the OP's link ever claim that. He put the words in her mouth.*

*--- which is ironic, considering that the alleged threats would be there to change her behaviour, and here's the OP coming in trying to ----- change her behaviour.

Would you feel better if going forward, we only use the new term 'regressives' ?

Follow
Dana Loesch

Reading is a lost art.

Would you feel better if going forward, we only use the new term 'regressives' ?

You'll have to license that from Mac ;)

Actual, I'd prefer if people stopped plugging in their own shit into other people's words when they never said them.

In this case the woman didn't characterize any kind of politics for her alleged threateners. The OP just completely pulled that out of his ass. And that's dishonest.

Follow
Dana Loesch

Reading is a lost art.

You'll have to license that from Mac ;)

Actual, I'd prefer if people stopped plugging in their own shit into other people's words when they never said them.

In this case the woman didn't characterize any kind of politics for her alleged threateners. The OP just completely pulled that out of his ass. And that's dishonest.
Obviously, you haven't seen my ass .... it's as honest an ass as you've ever seen. In fact, it might in the top two or three honest asses in the whole world.

I stand by my statement ----- liberals=leftists=naive, shallow, and dishonest idiots.

Go learn how to read

The term “liberal”, in modern usage, is almost universally understood to refer to a particular ideology that is very far removed from what it meant in the distant past, and very far removed from the principles on which this nation was founded, and very far removed from what you keep trying to claim that it means.

Follow
Dana Loesch

Looks like right to life tactics, nothing to worry about.

Go learn how to read.

Are you saying that liberals don't support gun control? Or, are you saying that the difference between liberals and leftists on gun control is that leftists are willing to threaten women and children, and liberals aren't? Bogus? I think not.

Pogo is trying to claim that “liberal” means something other than what nearly everyone understands it to mean in modern usage. As a matter of semantics, he may even be correct, but as a matter of practical usage, he's dead wrong.

Forum List

Back