Liberals are about Resopnsibilty, Conservatives about Greed

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Consider me an imbecile if you want. But it's really just an attack, don't you think? Tsk, tsk.

I am entitled.:D

The issue about Liberals being responsible reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. Though it is on the subject of government imposed charity rather than on government imposed environmental protection, I think that the quote is still relevant:

There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as "caring" and "sensitive" because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money – if a gun is held to his head. – P.J. O'Rourke

P.S. Doesn't John Kerry's family own an SUV?

Yeah, matt, and I have a brother who is a solid crackhead and a certain leach on me and the rest of society. Democrats address that issue and so do I. But I don't cut him any slack and I don't expect you to either.

I find it adviseable to "kick back a few", Sir Evil, when I come here to talk American politics and such. I do all I can to warp my senses of realities so that we might at least be able to communicate, but I guess that's above your head, or is it? :D

Did I mention that that crackhead brother is also a Viet Nam Vet? Viet Nam killed my older brother 33 years later. Viet Nam did something to my younger brother, the "crackhead" from the time he got back but he still doesn't get any compensation as neither did my older brother.. I feel fortunate that I haven't experienced any serious setbacks or side effects. But maybe my manic-depressive tendensies and intestinal system ulcers go back that far, hell, I don't know and I don't care. I have a decent life. I've had a very productive and resouseful life with only one failed marriage and another that has sustained now thirty years. All my kids are college educated and relatively successful. I don't draw any government checks and I don't pursue any. My retirement is entirely self-funded. But that don't count for me with any of you, does it? I'm a sponging Democrat in your eyes, aren't I?

Considering over 50 years of my life's experience, I've found that liberals embrace a responsible view point rather than a "pass the buck" ideology. Conservatives, on the other hand, tend towards the "it ain't my fault, but I'm gonna keep the profits anyway" ideology. I know this is confusing for a number of you so please let me expound a little.

I think you are typical of todays, hippy, ultra leftwing liberal Democratic party. Portray all of your character flaws onto your opponents. Pass all the blame onto your opponents for your own failures. As stated by others in this thread, Democrats are the ones that want the individual to not have any personal responsibilty. They want you to let them decide whats best for you. That leaves the individual with total dependancy upon the state and leaves no room for personal accountability. Hense your "It aint my fault, but i'll keep the profits" comment.

When people become rich or successful in this country, they are no longer held up in high regard as champions of their industry. they are thought of as cheats and lowlife scum who sleazed their way to the top. Complete neurotic jealousy of those who have worked hard and achieved far more than you. The thing is everyone has the same opportunities to succeed. Some have a better starting point, but ultimately its the individual who has to put in the effort and time in order to achieve their goals. Liberals say that its society that is unfair and that people don't have equal opportunites. They give people incentive not to succeed by telling them its ok to fail because the system is against you.

Environmental damage is done second by second in this country and world by various manufacturers and abundant energy absorbing/generating entities. They claim no responsibilities for the damage they do. In fact, they call opposition to their practises " faulty science" and get a few of the more ignorant amongst us to buy into that bullshit. Forget the accelerated occurances of cancer, emphesema, asthma and many other environmentally born diseases of the industrial age, it's just all "faulty science" in the views of the profiteers. Do you think "global warming" is a myth? Beware, defenders of industrial waste and abuse.

All scientific evidence points to the fact that the Earth's climate is in constant flux. To say that our actions of our society, that has only been around for about 10,000 years of which we have only been industrialized for approximately 300 years, is going to affect the entrie structure of the Earth's climate that has been around for 4,000,000,000 years is absolutely arrogant of us. To say we mean so much to this planet that it will die without us is ludicrous. When its our time to go, we aint stopping it. The earth will send us all to hell. I personally don't see that happening for a very long time. Science seems to back that theory up.

The cost of American labor seems to be a sore spot on the asses of many of our more "corporate" minded. The work, although less expensive than what might be available in other more impoverished areas or countries, that Americans do is unsurpassed by any other society. Considering the logistical, tool-up and linguistic problems that we experience the long term picture is pretty dim. But short-term objectives are titillatingly met. Short-sightedness is never the fault of the short-sighted. It was a gamble on the front end, wasn't it? Beware, stock investors.

Outsourcing is nothing new. Its been going on ever since humans have made new technology. Textiles used to be a handmade, skilled crat back in the early 1800's. When the Steam powered looms and factories came about, those jobs were outsourced to the factories who could make higher quantity, cheaper cost goods. In Pennsylvania in 1892, Steel workers were outsourced when Carnegie decided to use new refining methods for making steel cheaper and better. Technology breeds change. When IT became a new thing in the early 90's it was a skilled position to have. Since technology has progressed so rapidly in this field, it became cheaper to make and operate as more and more individuals learned how to use them. It is no longer a skilled trade. It is quite simply cheaper to outsource to someone who will do the same job for less pay. Thats not evil or looking out for yourself. Thats good business. Why continue to pay 20 workers a 50k a year salary when a company can pay 40 workers 20k a year to do the same job with better efficiency do to higher numbers.

Energy shortages caused by market manipulation in California are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to market manipulation in all forms of our "retail" system. From guitars to energy to knick-knacks on the curio shelf, the American buyer should beware and purchase reponsibly as far as availability will allow. Trouble is, when the markets are being unfairly manipulated, the availability side of the quotient is severly diminished. It's all in making a buck and long term effects be damned.

I believe the people of California took the first step in righting that situation when they got rid of Grey Davis, a democrat as im sure your aware. Hopefully Arnold can turn that ship around by "Terminating" wasteful spending like programs that give money to illegal immigrants.

We got a war that our prez pretends is important for world security. I'm not talking here about the "War On Terror", I'm talking about the war on a traditionall peaceful society that we are now engaging despite the fact their former idiot in chief was captured long ago and his power was eliminated even before that. At this point, I have to believe that there was a more tangible reason for this war of which I speak. Profit, maybe? There are many more countries and governments that present much more danger to us, the US, than anything I've seen produced from Iraq since the inception of this war. War hawks, beware.

Im suprised you didnt say the word Haliburton in there once. Where is your proof that this war is for profit, or oil as your hackneyed battle cry professes? Why is it that you liberal hippies want us to turn to the UN to be the big parent, yet when we are enforcing the Sanctions they put forth, we are condemned? We all no why waiting would have been disasterous. Sadaam was paying off the UN, France, Germany, and Russia. That is why it took 13 years to go back in there instead of finishing up the job back in Bush Sr.'s regime. I see you never got to answering my question on the WMD's. Perhaps if we hadnt acted and one had been launched into your front yard, you might change your tune about the "Iraq was not a threat to us" rhetoric. As for the other nations that are more dangerous, who might they be? Bush named 3, Iraq, Iran and North Korea. Once we deal with one, we move onto the next.

I could go on, but let's discuss the issues I've presented so far, OK?

Discussed and refuted. Lets see how long it takes you to get off topic this time.

Did I mention that that crackhead brother is also a Viet Nam Vet? Viet Nam killed my older brother 33 years later. Viet Nam did something to my younger brother, the "crackhead" from the time he got back but he still doesn't get any compensation as neither did my older brother.. I feel fortunate that I haven't experienced any serious setbacks or side effects. But maybe my manic-depressive tendensies and intestinal system ulcers go back that far, hell, I don't know and I don't care. I have a decent life. I've had a very productive and resouseful life with only one failed marriage and another that has sustained now thirty years. All my kids are college educated and relatively successful. I don't draw any government checks and I don't pursue any. My retirement is entirely self-funded. But that don't count for me with any of you, does it? I'm a sponging Democrat in your eyes, aren't I?

Given the circumstances and stances you have mentioned above i would say, no you are not to your final question. Based on these stances however i would ask why continue to label yourself a liberal? If you live most of your life the way you have mentioned above i would say you are displaying some extremely unliberal-like persuasions. i.e. "the gov't doesn't owe me anything" which seems to be your udnerlying current here.

I've had to fight, winning and losing a few along the way, Sir Evil. I don't advocate and will not advocate "gifts" to anyone on the part of society other than those outlined in our laws and constitution. But the Constitution that I read doesn't give anyone the right to use my property, environment or right to pursue happiness to my detriment and to their advantage. But maybe you see it a different way?

Originally posted by Sir Evil
We all fight along the way Psycho! it's the only way to get it the way you want it!

Exactly. so when someone tells me that ive worked hard and made my money so that it can goto the guy that didnt do shit but sit on his ass because he lives in the ghetto is ridiculous. PErsonal responsibilty is needed. You succeed, you achieved it. You fail, its all on you.

Yep, it's all politics and informed voting. It's also about responsible advertising that our government seems to care little about. Just look at the latest Bush ads for chrissake. They are ridiculous. But that's politics and political partisan media affordability is our greatest detriment in my mind's eye. But it gets complicated, doesn't it?

Just don't confuse our responsibilities to sustain our society with any propensities towards governmental interference to protect the profits of our otherwise failing business decisions. But I don't for one second even dream that either of you can dig that. But, that's OK. It's the American Way. :p:

Considering over 50 years of my life's experience, I've found that liberals embrace a responsible view point rather than a "pass the buck" ideology. Conservatives, on the other hand, tend towards the "it ain't my fault, but I'm gonna keep the profits anyway" ideology. I know this is confusing for a number of you so please let me expound a little.

Environmental damage is done second by second in this country and world by various manufacturers and abundant energy absorbing/generating entities. They claim no responsibilities for the damage they do. In fact, they call opposition to their practises " faulty science" and get a few of the more ignorant amongst us to buy into that bullshit. Forget the accelerated occurances of cancer, emphesema, asthma and many other environmentally born diseases of the industrial age, it's just all "faulty science" in the views of the profiteers. Do you think "global warming" is a myth? Beware, defenders of industrial waste and abuse.

Who brought this dead thread back to life?

My dinner is going to come up after reading this far left crap.

Oh well, you've been rebutted and proven wrong more than once in this stupid thread.
Who brought this dead thread back to life.

My dinner is going to come up after reading this far left crap.

Oh well, you've been rebutted and proven wrong more than once in this thread.

The cost of American labor seems to be a sore spot on the asses of many of our more "corporate" minded. The work, although less expensive than what might be available in other more impoverished areas or countries, that Americans do is unsurpassed by any other society. Considering the logistical, tool-up and linguistic problems that we experience the long term picture is pretty dim. But short-term objectives are titillatingly met. Short-sightedness is never the fault of the short-sighted. It was a gamble on the front end, wasn't it? Beware, stock investors.

Energy shortages caused by market manipulation in California are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to market manipulation in all forms of our "retail" system. From guitars to energy to knick-knacks on the curio shelf, the American buyer should beware and purchase reponsibly as far as availability will allow. Trouble is, when the markets are being unfairly manipulated, the availability side of the quotient is severly diminished. It's all in making a buck and long term effects be damned.

We got a war that our prez pretends is important for world security. I'm not talking here about the "War On Terror", I'm talking about the war on a traditionall peaceful society that we are now engaging despite the fact their former idiot in chief was captured long ago and his power was eliminated even before that. At this point, I have to believe that there was a more tangible reason for this war of which I speak. Profit, maybe? There are many more countries and governments that present much more danger to us, the US, than anything I've seen produced from Iraq since the inception of this war. War hawks, beware.

Just don't confuse our responsibilities to sustain our society with any propensities towards governmental interference to protect the profits of our otherwise failing business decisions. But I don't for one second even dream that either of you can dig that. But, that's OK. It's the American Way. :p:

care translate that from hippinese to english.

First off, define "hippiness" and then we might be able to communicate. Secondly, if you ain't hip you ain't shit. Get yourself some education is all I can advise. :D

WOW, my dinner is going to come up after reading this leftist shit.

Forum List

Back