Liberals are about Resopnsibilty, Conservatives about Greed

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, May 3, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Considering over 50 years of my life's experience, I've found that liberals embrace a responsible view point rather than a "pass the buck" ideology. Conservatives, on the other hand, tend towards the "it ain't my fault, but I'm gonna keep the profits anyway" ideology. I know this is confusing for a number of you so please let me expound a little.

Environmental damage is done second by second in this country and world by various manufacturers and abundant energy absorbing/generating entities. They claim no responsibilities for the damage they do. In fact, they call opposition to their practises " faulty science" and get a few of the more ignorant amongst us to buy into that bullshit. Forget the accelerated occurances of cancer, emphesema, asthma and many other environmentally born diseases of the industrial age, it's just all "faulty science" in the views of the profiteers. Do you think "global warming" is a myth? Beware, defenders of industrial waste and abuse.

The cost of American labor seems to be a sore spot on the asses of many of our more "corporate" minded. The work, although less expensive than what might be available in other more impoverished areas or countries, that Americans do is unsurpassed by any other society. Considering the logistical, tool-up and linguistic problems that we experience the long term picture is pretty dim. But short-term objectives are titillatingly met. Short-sightedness is never the fault of the short-sighted. It was a gamble on the front end, wasn't it? Beware, stock investors.

Energy shortages caused by market manipulation in California are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to market manipulation in all forms of our "retail" system. From guitars to energy to knick-knacks on the curio shelf, the American buyer should beware and purchase reponsibly as far as availability will allow. Trouble is, when the markets are being unfairly manipulated, the availability side of the quotient is severly diminished. It's all in making a buck and long term effects be damned.

We got a war that our prez pretends is important for world security. I'm not talking here about the "War On Terror", I'm talking about the war on a traditionall peaceful society that we are now engaging despite the fact their former idiot in chief was captured long ago and his power was eliminated even before that. At this point, I have to believe that there was a more tangible reason for this war of which I speak. Profit, maybe? There are many more countries and governments that present much more danger to us, the US, than anything I've seen produced from Iraq since the inception of this war. War hawks, beware.

I could go on, but let's discuss the issues I've presented so far, OK?

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    As a member of the Proud American Far Right, I agree with some of your analysis, but I ultimately side with the conservatives. Liberals are the buck-passers in the main: Let "them" pay for welfare, let "them" pay for it all. "Them" means taxpayers. You make a decent point about the costs of environmental damage ("externalities," the economists call them), but I think they're a bit exaggerated. Me, I'd take care of the costs as they came along. I think the EPA is on this. To the extent it's not, we'll hear about it.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

Liberals teach dependence on government, acceptance of mediocrity, envy of excellence, a victim's mentality.... on and on. The ugly truth is that liberals only care about advancing the role of the state in our lives. It's disgusting.

Conservatives teach people to take responsibility for their own lives, and to accept the hardships and rise above them, instead of lobbying government for special exceptions and handouts based on the the specifics of their failure.
    Global warming is just a theory.
    Psychoblues, Indians are taking our jobs just fine. The programmers are passable. Outsourcing will work. And it is right. We must adjust to the competition of foreign workforces, not run from the competition.
    That was grey davis's fault . He's a dem.

Are you talking about gas? Limiting the gas supply to drive up prices would be more environmentally healthy, as increasing price generally lowers demand. I thought you cared about the environment?
    Why shouldn't the U.N. resolutions against Saddam have been enforced? They were part of the conditions of a cease fire agreement ya know.

4. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    As a society that claims responsibility unto itself I think we DO have a responsiblity to sustain ourselves, our environment and our economy. Any without the other is certainly doomed, con't you agree?

5. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    As you demonstrate regularly, rtwngAngr, your perceptions and opinions are mighty shallow. But go right on, my friend, I'll dance when the bullshit you produce dies. Meanwhile, I'll be in my chair.

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Shoud I interpret this as "UNCLE!"?

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Yes i will say Global Warming is a myth. Because it is a myth. It was warmer during the middle ages then it is today. That means in the past five hundred years the earth has cooled off. And if few hundred years it will warm up again. And then cool off again. The climate on earth is cyclical. Why else do you think we have ice ages every twenty thousand years or so and then have it melt for a while. To believe that humans are doing anything to destroy the natural climate is complete arrogance. Humans are part of the Natural environment hence anything we did would be natural.

8. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    It is all relative. How much pollution is acceptable - None? If so, then the energy you buy and the goods and services you enjoy would be much more expensive to acquire and/or virtually impossible to create.

9. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Nope, rWa. But your're entitled for whatever reason, aren't you?

10. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Where is Gordon Grecko?