Liberal extremism isn't a new thing..

but not in the law. Arson is arson. Now tell us about the left winger students, bikers and outsiders who destroyed the town a few days before the shootings....which caused the governor to call in the national guard.

all bad stuff, but throwing some beer bottles and having drunken brawls isn't exactly "destroying the town".

It is true that the people were in fact being rowdy and out of control, and the guard needed to be brought in.

But no-one needed to be shot.

No-one was threatening to kill anyone else in any of the events that happened.

Now, there were left-wing extremist groups at the time that did call for harsh measures. But the people at kent state were not really the same ball of wax.

arson

but not in the law. Arson is arson. Now tell us about the left winger students, bikers and outsiders who destroyed the town a few days before the shootings....which caused the governor to call in the National Guard.

All bad stuff, but throwing some beer bottles and having drunken brawls isn't exactly "destroying the town".

It is true that the people were in fact being rowdy and out of control, and the Guard needed to be brought in.

But no-one needed to be shot.

No-one was threatening to kill anyone else in any of the events that happened.

Now, there were left-wing extremist groups at the time that DID call for harsh measures. But the people at Kent State were not really the same ball of wax.

Sorry. No matter how much you try you cannot defend arson, attempted burglary and the wanton terrorizing of the town's citizens by saying that "Oh well...they were just drunk." It doesn't work like that. The whacko students were ordered to disperse and they refused, then assaulted the deliverer of that message. Did those students deserve to be shot? In my opinion..... no. Did they bring on their own fate by planting the seeds of their demise 3 days earlier by terrorizing the towns people? Yes. They didn't use the tools at their disposal to act like responsible citizens....instead they drank, smoked pot, dropped acid, tuned in and dropped out then got worked up into a frenzy and brought about their own deaths. All they had to do was wait until the next election.

"Robert H. Bork writes:

"Kent State was hardly a placid campus before the Cambodian operation. The university had 21,000 students, and a sizeable SDS chapter [a communist front group] devoted to making trouble. In November, 1968, for example, charges were brought against 250 members of SDS and the Black United Students who had demonstrated against police recruiting on campus.

"The charges were dropped when about 300 black students left campus demanding amnesty. On April 8, 1969, SDS led a demonstration that resulted in clashes with university police. The demonstrators demanded that the university abolish the Reserve Officers Training Corps, a crime laboratory, and a school for law enforcement training. State police were called in and quelled the disruption. SDS was then banned from campus, thirty-seven students were suspended, and five were charged with assault and battery. Worse was yet to come.

"On the evening of May 1, 1970, a day after Richard Nixon announced an American counter-attack into Cambodia, students rioted in the main street of town, broke windows, set fires, and damaged cars. On May 2, a crowd of about 800 assembled on campus, disrupted a dance in a university hall, smashed the windows of the ROTC building, and threw lighted railroad flares inside. The building burned to the ground. A professor who watched the arson later told the Scranton commission, which investigated the shooting and the events leading up to it, 'I have never in my 17 years of teaching seen a group of students as threatening, or as arrogant, or a bent on destruction.'

"When fireman arrived students threw rocks at them, slashed their hoses with machetes, took away hoses and turned them on the firefighters. The police finally stopped the riot with tear gas. The National Guard was called in by the governor on May 2 and student rioters pelted them with rocks, doused trees with gasoline, and set them afire. Students attempted to march into town on May 3 but were stopped by the National Guard, the Kent city police department, the Ohio highway patrol, and the county sheriff's department. The protesters shouted obscenities and threw rocks.

"From May 1 to May 4 there were, in addition, riots in the town's main street, looting, the intimidation of passing motorists, stoning of police, directions to local merchants to put antiwar posters in their windows or have their stores thrashed, and miscellaneous acts of arson. All of this occurred before the shooting.

"On May 4, a Monday, about a thousand students gathered on campus. Guardsmen arrived and, probably unwisely, ordered the crowd to disperse. The order was predictably ignored. The Guard fired tear gas canisters into the crowd. The Guard, consisting of a hundred men surrounded by rioters shouting obscenities and chanting "Kill, kill, kill," were under a constant barrage of rocks, chunks of concrete and cinderblock, and canisters. Fifty-eight Guardsmen were injured by thrown objects. Several of them were knocked to the ground. They had little tear gas left, and the gas had, in any event, been made ineffective by the wind. The Guardsmen retreated up the hill, appearing frightened, and then some of them suddenly turned and fired for thirteen seconds. The firing was apparently spontaneous rather than ordered." (5)

ESR | March 10, 2003 | "Peace-loving" protesters: Kent State revisited

Funny...you see much of the same things the left wingers were doing back then across the Nation happening today in government now that they duped America to vote them in.

Play the race card daily...
Sling false accusations and lies against your opponents
Use "operatives" to infiltrate the opposition and cause their destruction from within.

"Robert H. Bork writes:

"Kent State was hardly a placid campus before the Cambodian operation. The university had 21,000 students, and a sizeable SDS chapter [a communist front group] devoted to making trouble. In November, 1968, for example, charges were brought against 250 members of SDS and the Black United Students who had demonstrated against police recruiting on campus.

"The charges were dropped when about 300 black students left campus demanding amnesty. On April 8, 1969, SDS led a demonstration that resulted in clashes with university police. The demonstrators demanded that the university abolish the Reserve Officers Training Corps, a crime laboratory, and a school for law enforcement training. State police were called in and quelled the disruption. SDS was then banned from campus, thirty-seven students were suspended, and five were charged with assault and battery. Worse was yet to come.

"On the evening of May 1, 1970, a day after Richard Nixon announced an American counter-attack into Cambodia, students rioted in the main street of town, broke windows, set fires, and damaged cars. On May 2, a crowd of about 800 assembled on campus, disrupted a dance in a university hall, smashed the windows of the ROTC building, and threw lighted railroad flares inside. The building burned to the ground. A professor who watched the arson later told the Scranton commission, which investigated the shooting and the events leading up to it, 'I have never in my 17 years of teaching seen a group of students as threatening, or as arrogant, or a bent on destruction.'

"When fireman arrived students threw rocks at them, slashed their hoses with machetes, took away hoses and turned them on the firefighters. The police finally stopped the riot with tear gas. The National Guard was called in by the governor on May 2 and student rioters pelted them with rocks, doused trees with gasoline, and set them afire. Students attempted to march into town on May 3 but were stopped by the National Guard, the Kent city police department, the Ohio highway patrol, and the county sheriff's department. The protesters shouted obscenities and threw rocks.

"From May 1 to May 4 there were, in addition, riots in the town's main street, looting, the intimidation of passing motorists, stoning of police, directions to local merchants to put antiwar posters in their windows or have their stores thrashed, and miscellaneous acts of arson. All of this occurred before the shooting.

"On May 4, a Monday, about a thousand students gathered on campus. Guardsmen arrived and, probably unwisely, ordered the crowd to disperse. The order was predictably ignored. The Guard fired tear gas canisters into the crowd. The Guard, consisting of a hundred men surrounded by rioters shouting obscenities and chanting "Kill, kill, kill," were under a constant barrage of rocks, chunks of concrete and cinderblock, and canisters. Fifty-eight Guardsmen were injured by thrown objects. Several of them were knocked to the ground. They had little tear gas left, and the gas had, in any event, been made ineffective by the wind. The Guardsmen retreated up the hill, appearing frightened, and then some of them suddenly turned and fired for thirteen seconds. The firing was apparently spontaneous rather than ordered." (5)

ESR | March 10, 2003 | "Peace-loving" protesters: Kent State revisited

Hmm, Bork, Bork, now where have I heard that name before?

Oh, yeah, Bork, the ultra-conservative judge who never made it to the Supreme Court, right?

The one who was responsible for dismissing the prosecuting attorneys in the "Saturday Night Massacre" during the Watergate scandal?

Not exactly what I'd call a non-partisan source.

Funny...you see much of the same things the left wingers were doing back then across the Nation happening today in government now that they duped America to vote them in.

Use "operatives" to infiltrate the opposition and cause their destruction from within.

Wow, that's a whole bunch of lies all plugged together in one post.

You have some really messed up narratives going on in your little Bizarro world there, PP.

Please continue to rewrite history you fucking asshole!!!!!!! Tell the whole story or SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIEHOLE!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's pretty much the accepted correct version of events, so I don't think they're "re-writing" anything...

From the Wiki:

When the National Guard arrived in town that evening (at around 10 P.M.), a large demonstration was already under way on the campus, and the campus Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) building (which had already been scheduled for demolition) was burning. The arsonists were never apprehended and no one was injured in the fire. More than a thousand protesters surrounded the building and cheered its burning.

Wiki's footnote lists this source:

Kent May 4 Center - May 4, 1970 Kent State Massacre non-profit educational charity organization in Kent, Ohio

Like I said to bigfuckinggoofyretardednecropheliac...tell the whole story!!!!!!!!! Since the building was scheduled for demolition...that makes it acceptable to commit the crime of arson? Ya...OK.

I SAID it was vandalism...a crime. It doesn't carry a DEATH sentence you fucking right wing scum bag who tries to pass himself off as a human being...

Again, so typical of your right wing scum bags, first you NEED to cheapen human life by painting people with your sickening and vile characterizations...

Then you elevate property over human LIFE...

Here's the hippies that were murdered you slime ball asshole...

Allison B. Krause (April 23, 1951 - May 4, 1970) was an honors student at Kent State University, Ohio, when she was shot and killed by the Ohio National Guard in the Kent State shootings, while protesting the invasion of Cambodia and the presence of the National Guard on the Kent State campus. Her father had been a Holocaust survivor from Germany.

Sandra Lee Scheuer (pronounced /ˈʃɔɪ.ər/; August 11, 1949 - May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, when she was killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings.

Scheuer, born in Youngstown, Ohio, was an honors student in speech therapy. She was a graduate of Boardman High School. She did not take part in the Vietnam War protests that preceded the shootings.

Jeffrey Glenn Miller (March 28, 1950 – May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio when he was shot and killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings. Shortly before his death, in May 1970, Miller had transferred to Kent State from Michigan State University. While at Michigan State, Miller pledged Phi Kappa Tau fraternity where his older brother had been a member.

William Knox Schroeder
(July 20, 1950 – May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University, Ohio, when he was killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings.

Schroeder was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. He moved with his family to Lorain, Ohio when he was in elementary school and graduated from Lorain High School where he was an honors student. Already an Eagle Scout, at age 17 Schroeder applied for the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarship. He received the Academic Achievement award from both the Colorado School of Mines and from Kent State University, where he was a psychology student. He also earned the Association of the United States Army award for excellence in History.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think those students were in fact out of control and were doing some pretty messed up shit.

I jsut don't think they deserved to be shot over it, that's all.

You have some really messed up narratives going on in your little Bizarro world there, PP.

I don't see any lies, other than the ones you're letting loose with.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think those students were in fact out of control and were doing some pretty messed up shit.

I jsut don't think they deserved to be shot over it, that's all.

Throw rocks at cops, torch things, and yell "kill! Kill!" today and see how long before you get shot.

I don't see any lies, other than the ones you're letting loose with.

Of course you don't.

You've got to have a better source than worldnetdaily and Pat Buchanan.

LOL..>FT

You can't be serious man...

What the hell does the source have to do with anything when the facts advanced in the article are irrefutable fact?

Now if you're asserting that those facts ARE refutable... then one should expect some refutation to accompany that assertion. And since I don't see anything akin to such; I'm left to assume that you'd prefer to remain hovering over the lame obscurence...

I just ordered this book. I rarely buy books new anymore, but was willing to pay $20-$30 and surprised it's under $10. It covers historic protest movements by fringe elements on both the right and left. The author, John Avlon, was on C-Span this morning and his basic message is that we've got to stop giving these radicals voice and return to common sense and civil dialog. Otherwise, we're done for.

If you click on the link, you can view the index (in case you think it's biased toward one group or another). It isn't.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Wingnuts%3A+How+the+Lunatic+Fringe+is+Hijacking+America&x=14&y=16]Amazon.com: Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America: Books[/ame]

Well, that's pretty much the accepted correct version of events, so I don't think they're "re-writing" anything...

From the Wiki:

Wiki's footnote lists this source:

Kent May 4 Center - May 4, 1970 Kent State Massacre non-profit educational charity organization in Kent, Ohio

Like I said to bigfuckinggoofyretardednecropheliac...tell the whole story!!!!!!!!! Since the building was scheduled for demolition...that makes it acceptable to commit the crime of arson? Ya...OK.

I SAID it was vandalism...a crime. It doesn't carry a DEATH sentence you fucking right wing scum bag who tries to pass himself off as a human being...

Again, so typical of your right wing scum bags, first you NEED to cheapen human life by painting people with your sickening and vile characterizations...

Allison B. Krause (April 23, 1951 - May 4, 1970) was an honors student at Kent State University, Ohio, when she was shot and killed by the Ohio National Guard in the Kent State shootings, while protesting the invasion of Cambodia and the presence of the National Guard on the Kent State campus. Her father had been a Holocaust survivor from Germany.

Sandra Lee Scheuer (pronounced /ˈʃɔɪ.ər/; August 11, 1949 - May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, when she was killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings.

Scheuer, born in Youngstown, Ohio, was an honors student in speech therapy. She was a graduate of Boardman High School. She did not take part in the Vietnam War protests that preceded the shootings.

Jeffrey Glenn Miller (March 28, 1950 – May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio when he was shot and killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings. Shortly before his death, in May 1970, Miller had transferred to Kent State from Michigan State University. While at Michigan State, Miller pledged Phi Kappa Tau fraternity where his older brother had been a member.

William Knox Schroeder
(July 20, 1950 – May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University, Ohio, when he was killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings.

Schroeder was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. He moved with his family to Lorain, Ohio when he was in elementary school and graduated from Lorain High School where he was an honors student. Already an Eagle Scout, at age 17 Schroeder applied for the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarship. He received the Academic Achievement award from both the Colorado School of Mines and from Kent State University, where he was a psychology student. He also earned the Association of the United States Army award for excellence in History.

Too fucking bad!!!!!!!!

All they had to do was act like responsible citizens. They and their fellow students are responsible for their deaths...no one else....and this is typical...the left wing ass holes who perpetrated this whole incident ran like the yellow cowards they were and let the innocent die for their fucked up views....TYPICAL LIBERAL BULLSHIT!!!!!

Last edited:

William Knox Schroeder

Too fucking bad!!!!!!!!

All they had to do was act like responsible citizens. They and their fellow students are responsible for their deaths...no one else.

WOW...they deserved to DIE, for protesting against war, killing and against the government. Just like Tiananmen Square you fuck faced commie? All they had to do was CONFORM. Well scum bag, what you just proved beyond any shadow of a doubt is that you are a statist...the GOVERNMENT can do no wrong...

pp0893tiananmen-square-bw-posters.jpg

FUCK YOU!!!

AlliBaba, let's see if I have this moral magic right? One wrong and one wrong and one wrong make my wrongs right? is that it? Jeez is this easy morality or just morality for dummies? What a novel idea, next time the children tell you or anyone how Johnnie did it, ask if anyone else did it too, and then add up the wrongs and see if you come up with the same answer as the OP.

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." Eric Hoffer

Exactly...look to the 60's when they were all doped up and high on acid.....now these fucking braindead assholes are running the country...and they want to legalize drugs to keep the population dumbed down...and get a few more votes.

Um, what? The counter-culture movement of the 60s went on to become the CEOs, lawyers, bankers, and politicians that have gotten us into the mess we currently find ourselves in. They actually rebelled against their own rebellion. They become the "me" generation that took over and ruined the 80s. We are finally beginning to get rid of this myopic thinking.

And if someone actually believes in personal freedom and responsibility, legalizing/decriminalizing drugs is just one of many planks they would support. Otherwise, it's just lip service.

If those reinvented counter-culturists of the 60's are supportive of legalizing drugs, they would have done it a long time ago, since you allege that they've been in control and messed everything up.

I also find it intriguing that you seem to be attacking baby boomers who are the ones who practically invented entrepreneurship and have kept free enterprise humming along by huge advances in technology which slowly replaced manufacturing as the choice of employment. If your intent is to attack Wall Street greed, there are plenty of vermin of both political persuasions who should be locked up by now instead of getting bonuses.

Let me know when you actually want to add something to the convo, ok Midcan? I'm going to get a sammich.

Then you wouldn't have much trouble getting me a source that isn't heavily biased.

All sources are biased - but thinking people can distinguish facts from opinion.

The facts are clear. The few (and rather suspect) instances of violence and incivility which are attributed to the Tea Parties are nothing compared to the whole sale rioting and anarchy of other protestors.

I was caught in the middle of the Rodney King protest in Berkeley in the 1992. Talk about ugliness.

The rioting over the Rodney King beating happened in Los Angeles. Any 'rioting' at Berkeley over that incident was just an excuse to party in the streets. :lol:

Forum List

Back