Let's re-visit Kent State!

You know, I never once said they deserved to die. I said they weren't murdered, that it was a tragedy, and that it's an example of what happens when terrorist groups HIDE BEHIND INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Get it yet? Hello?

Terrorists?

Where were the terrorists?

And please don't call violent protestors terrorists!

If you're going to participate, you might read the quotes and links.

SDS were terrorists. They were fractured, and part of them reformed as The Weathermen.

They were the ones trotting the kids out.

You know, I never once said they deserved to die. I said they weren't murdered, that it was a tragedy, and that it's an example of what happens when terrorist groups HIDE BEHIND INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Get it yet? Hello?

You need to stop your little witch hunt, for Kent State happened 40 years ago. They were not terrorists, and you are an asshole for suggesting so. You are also an asshole for trying to blame this on someone who wasn't even in Ohio when it happened.

It's sad but when terrorists stage their attacks in the midst of children and other innocents, often said children and innocents get killed. That's why they do it.
How old are you Allie? Where were you exactly on May 4, 1970? What day of the week was it?

Let me fill you in on my perspective. I was in Kent, Ohio on May 3, 1970. Many friends of mine attended Kent State University as there is a branch campus in my hometown. I have been to Kent many, many times since. I personally know someone who was wounded that terrible day.

Your attitude toward the murder of American students leaves me incredulous. I don't believe you would be so dismissive of the murder of these students if you had the slightest notion of precisely what transpired forty years ago.

Nobody was murdered. Period.

What a schill.
The Guard fired into a 'swelling crowd of students'. What do you make of that?

Classes were changing. People filed out of Taylor Hall because the bell rang.

Did you attend college? Do you know what a campus looks like while classes are changing?

The people murdered that day were students going to class.

Get it yet? Hello?

Then the National Guard acted as the terrorists that day. They were the only ones on the scene with the means for deadly force.

Those killed ( I prefer murdered) that day were victims of domestic terrorism and an inept command structure. Who the hell thought live ammunition was a good idea.

That tragic decision still is celebrated these two score years later only with the most cynical, bloodthirsty and irrational.

Thank you, Nosmo. Not many things make me cry, but this episode in our history always does.

I can't believe Allie would use the deaths of these students for a political weapon. I usually like Allie, but this is nothing but hate from her.

Edit: I don't agree the NG were acting as terrorists. They were just as freaked out by their orders as the students were at being shot upon.

How old are you Allie? Where were you exactly on May 4, 1970? What day of the week was it?

Let me fill you in on my perspective. I was in Kent, Ohio on May 3, 1970. Many friends of mine attended Kent State University as there is a branch campus in my hometown. I have been to Kent many, many times since. I personally know someone who was wounded that terrible day.

Your attitude toward the murder of American students leaves me incredulous. I don't believe you would be so dismissive of the murder of these students if you had the slightest notion of precisely what transpired forty years ago.

What a schill.
The Guard fired into a 'swelling crowd of students'. What do you make of that?

Classes were changing. People filed out of Taylor Hall because the bell rang.

Did you attend college? Do you know what a campus looks like while classes are changing?

The people murdered that day were students going to class.

#1. They weren't murdered
#2. They weren't all "going to class". As I'm sure you know.

It's sad but when terrorists stage their attacks in the midst of children and other innocents, often said children and innocents get killed. That's why they do it.

What a schill.
Answer the questions. they were posted in good faith. Don't dodge with this silly diversion.

Get it yet? Hello?

Then the National Guard acted as the terrorists that day. They were the only ones on the scene with the means for deadly force.

Those killed ( I prefer murdered) that day were victims of domestic terrorism and an inept command structure. Who the hell thought live ammunition was a good idea.

That tragic decision still is celebrated these two score years later only with the most cynical, bloodthirsty and irrational.

Lol.
Don't tell me you're SDS.
Anything to float your boat. Did you encourage someone to "protest"? To "take it to the pig"....? No wonder you feel hysterically compelled to portray it as a slaughter of innocent lambs.

It was sort of a slaughter. But the innocent lambs were sacrificed by your buddies.

Thank you, Nosmo. Not many things make me cry, but this episode in our history always does.

I can't believe Allie would use the deaths of these students for a political weapon. I usually like Allie, but this is nothing but hate from her.

Edit: I don't agree the NG were acting as terrorists. They were just as freaked out by their orders as the students were at being shot upon.
I agree. But I used the terrorist meme to show Allie what logic looks like.

What a schill.
Answer the questions. they were posted in good faith. Don't dodge with this silly diversion.

Huh. You want me to give you personal information about myself? Why? What difference does my age make? I'm older than Luissa, and I think I'm older than Ravi.

The only people that continue to claim that Kent State was "establishment gone wild" meaning right wing establishment needs to re-examine the event.

They also need to take a serious look at their education and determine exactly who it was teaching at that time. NO GUARDSMEN WERE EVER DETERMINED LIABLE. Fucking liberals dragged this through the courts for years, and in the end, the STATE settled in the amount of what they thought it would cost them to revisit the courts. They were sick of it. But in taking that $$ the students recognized that the GUARDSMEN WERE ACTING IN GOOD FAITH. They believed there was a threat.

And the students were there at the behest of TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS....the SDS being the major one....and guess who they were? COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS.

You few diehard liberals are so fucking stupid. I appreciate that you aren't intentionally dangerous and defective. But you are dangerous and defective all the same.

What a schill.

Huh. You want me to give you personal information about myself? Why? What difference does my age make? I'm older than Luissa, and I think I'm older than Ravi.

The only people that continue to claim that Kent State was "establishment gone wild" meaning right wing establishment needs to re-examine the event.

They also need to take a serious look at their education and determine exactly who it was teaching at that time. NO GUARDSMEN WERE EVER DETERMINED LIABLE. Fucking liberals dragged this through the courts for years, and in the end, the STATE settled in the amount of what they thought it would cost them to revisit the courts. They were sick of it. But in taking that $$ the students recognized that the GUARDSMEN WERE ACTING IN GOOD FAITH. They believed there was a threat.

And the students were there at the behest of TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS....the SDS being the major one....and guess who they were? COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS.

You few diehard liberals are so fucking stupid. I appreciate that you aren't intentionally dangerous and defective. But you are dangerous and defective all the same.
It was not justifiable homicide by any stretch of the imagination. Why on earth were live rounds issued?

Such tactics deserve, no DEMAND to be studied, re-examined, exposed and explained as the crimes of the state they truly were.

If the good citizens of the United States send their kids off to college, they certainly have the right to expect the government not to volley bullets at them. The students murdered and wounded were unarmed.

You celebrate brute force and a police state mentality where security is needed.

And if you're my age, you would have some real notion for the tone of the politics of that time. Sound to me as if Glenn Beck has been 'teaching' you history. I lived history, kiddo.

They WERE studies, reviewed, gone over with a fine tooth comb.

And guess what? The National Guardsmen were exonnerated!

Some of those "peaceful protesters" added to their rap sheets, though.

You should compare it to Waco, Ravi. Then you will see how what the students did to the schools, their compatriots did to the Branch Davidian compound.

Torch and burn, baby.

They're exactly the same people. Doing the exact same thing.

You should compare it to Waco, Ravi. Then you will see how what the students did to the schools, their compatriots did to the Branch Davidian compound.

Torch and burn, baby.

Exactly the same people?

Torch and burn, baby.

Exactly the same people?

begun, the clone lunacy attack has.

I am pretty sure the FBI was there, don't know how that goes along with students at Kent State???
And she also said in another thread the students at Kent State should be held accountable for their actions, I wonder why she thinks these peoples should be let off. They could have surrendered at anytime.

Forum List

Back