Let's re-visit Kent State!

Half of the people killed were not protesting

It's sad but when terrorists stage their attacks in the midst of children and other innocents, often said children and innocents get killed. That's why they do it.

So you are now defending the killing of students on campuses in the US by the military?

Let's re-visit the Kent State victims...

Here's the 'hippies' that were exterminated by the state...

Allison B. Krause (April 23, 1951 - May 4, 1970) was an honors student at Kent State University, Ohio, when she was shot and killed by the Ohio National Guard in the Kent State shootings, while protesting the invasion of Cambodia and the presence of the National Guard on the Kent State campus. Her father had been a Holocaust survivor from Germany.

Sandra Lee Scheuer (pronounced /ˈʃɔɪ.ər/; August 11, 1949 - May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, when she was killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings.

Scheuer, born in Youngstown, Ohio, was an honors student in speech therapy. She was a graduate of Boardman High School. She did not take part in the Vietnam War protests that preceded the shootings.

Jeffrey Glenn Miller (March 28, 1950 – May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio when he was shot and killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings. Shortly before his death, in May 1970, Miller had transferred to Kent State from Michigan State University. While at Michigan State, Miller pledged Phi Kappa Tau fraternity where his older brother had been a member.

William Knox Schroeder
(July 20, 1950 – May 4, 1970) was a student at Kent State University, Ohio, when he was killed by Ohio National Guardsmen in the Kent State shootings.

Schroeder was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. He moved with his family to Lorain, Ohio when he was in elementary school and graduated from Lorain High School where he was an honors student. Already an Eagle Scout, at age 17 Schroeder applied for the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarship. He received the Academic Achievement award from both the Colorado School of Mines and from Kent State University, where he was a psychology student. He also earned the Association of the United States Army award for excellence in History.

The current historical description tells of innocent students involved in peaceful protest. In fact they had burned the ROTC building to the ground a few days earlier. The Governor was under tremendous pressure to get the situation under control.
On the day of the shooting, the student protesters broke down a fence, flanked and surrounded the National Gurard troops. The poorly trained troops panicked and fired on the crowd. The students who were killed were innocent victims, but were part of a larger crowd that was far from innocent

Imagine that. Dozens of armed military, surrounded and threatened by an enemy, firing into the crowd.

It boggles the mind. What the hell were they thinking?

At any rate, they were steps from a building they could use for cover. As I said the original accounts say they either heard sniper fire or thought they heard it.

Information gleaned from a few dozen articles.

A judge William K. Thomas withheld the grand juries documented findings that laid part of the blame on 23 professors from Kent State. The judge determined that the document would be damaging to these professors as the report bordered on criminal accusations.

That same judge would not throw out the 25 indictments against 24 students and Thomas S. Lough a professor at the university.

Richard Felber was already in jail awaiting transport to a reform facility for selling illegal drugs. Richard Felber was a former student at Kent State. He was served his indictment in his jail cell. He was charged with striking a fireman, attempting to burn property, interfering with a fireman and first degree riot charges.

Jerry Rupe was the first of the 25 charged to be tried. Rupe was charged with first degree rioting, slashing a fire hose and throwing rocks at firemen. David Helming a 16 year veteran testified Rupe had struck him with a club as he attempted to fight the fire. Another witness in the trial testified that Rupe was seen throwing a gas soaked flaming rag into Kent State's ROTC building. Rupe is sentenced to six months in jail by Portage County Common Pleas Court Judge Edwin W. Jones. His sentence is to run concurrently with an unrelated 10-20-year drug sentence imposed in 1971.

Peter C. Bilek was the second person to be tried for involvement at the Kent State riots. He was charged with first degree riot and arson.

The attorney that represented ten of those that were charged tried to get the report from the grand jury admitted into the trials. His claims were that the riot was based on the "permissiveness" of the Kent State University administration. The grand jury report that alluded that 23 of Kent State's professors that were not charged were permissive of this student riot was destroyed upon the order of a federal judge.

Craig Morgan the Kent student body president was charged with second-degree riot.

Larry Shub pleads guilty to first-degree riot charges.

Thomas F. Fogelsong pleads guilty to first-degree riot charges

December 7, 1971 (Tuesday)

Common Pleas Court Judge Edwin Jones instructs the jury to find the fifth defendant, Helen Nicholas, not guilty of interfering with a fireman. Special State Prosecutor John Hayward moves to drop the remaining cases.

The State of Ohio drops all charges against 20 remaining defendants in the Portage County Court of Common Pleas on grounds of lack of evidence after two of the first five defendants were cleared, two pleaded guilty and charges against another were dismissed.

The dismissals were "not intended to vindicate nor criticize the special grand jury, the students" or any other involved party, according to Ohio Attorney General William Brown. He concluded some time before that many of the cases could not be prosecuted and had arranged the trials in order of the strongest evidence, Brown said.

I recall the conversations of the day concerning Kent State and other university riots. The universities throughout the nation did not want to scare off parents that would send their children to these universities. Pressure was put on anyone and everyone who wanted the perpetrators of these riots and anyone involved with inciting these kids at these colleges held accountable. Silence as to what all had actually transpired as it would have led to many parents dropping their funding of their children at these universities.

For whatever it is worth to the people reading about what happened at Kent State in 1970, somebody shot at the Guardsmen.

Well worth reading to find out what happened and the events leading up to that day.
Kent State

It's sad but when terrorists stage their attacks in the midst of children and other innocents, often said children and innocents get killed. That's why they do it.
How old are you Allie? Where were you exactly on May 4, 1970? What day of the week was it?

Let me fill you in on my perspective. I was in Kent, Ohio on May 3, 1970. Many friends of mine attended Kent State University as there is a branch campus in my hometown. I have been to Kent many, many times since. I personally know someone who was wounded that terrible day.

Your attitude toward the murder of American students leaves me incredulous. I don't believe you would be so dismissive of the murder of these students if you had the slightest notion of precisely what transpired forty years ago.

Allie is okay with killing people that throw rocks, and with killing innocent bystanders. Except if they share her viewpoint.

Very strange.

How old are you Allie? Where were you exactly on May 4, 1970? What day of the week was it?

Let me fill you in on my perspective. I was in Kent, Ohio on May 3, 1970. Many friends of mine attended Kent State University as there is a branch campus in my hometown. I have been to Kent many, many times since. I personally know someone who was wounded that terrible day.

Your attitude toward the murder of American students leaves me incredulous. I don't believe you would be so dismissive of the murder of these students if you had the slightest notion of precisely what transpired forty years ago.

Nobody was murdered. Period.

What a schill.

Why are we bringing up such old news?

This has gone back and forth for almost two days.
It's like going over last year's Super Bowl Game.

The score is still:

National Guard 4
Ohio State 0

It has to do with acts of terror, CW.

And check out the aftermath at Wisconsin:

"After Kent State, they decided to target the campus's controversial Army Mathematics Research Center at Sterling Hall. The Center was a Department of Defense-funded facility where advanced and secret weaponry research took place. In the Gang's view, the weapons developed there were to be used against the Vietnamese civilian population.

After the Kent State killings, Wisconsin chancellor Edwin Young requested a National Guard and police presence on the Madison campus, and had cancelled final exams, sending students home for the summer early. Because of the enforced summer break, The New Years Gang had determined that Sterling Hall would be unoccupied.

The Explosion

On August 24, 1970, the plotters parked a stolen Ford van in front of the campus building. The vehicle was packed with 2000 pounds of ammonium nitrate soaked in jet fuel. Unknown to the Gang, five people were inside Sterling Hall.

While the bomb exploded and succeeded in destroying a large part of Sterling Hall, it also injured three people and killed one: 33-year-old Robert Fassknacht, a graduate student and father of three young children."
Domestic Terrorism at the University of Wisconsin - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

cool-pony.jpg

"In a speech given on October 27, 1967, Davidson stated that the "possibility for peaceful change in America has died." He thought that what the SDS had to do at that time was "destroy".52 Talk of violence did not meet with much resistance among the SDS's ranks. Many members wanted to see results that were not being accomplished by their peaceful marches and sit-ins.53 The SDS of 1967 had forgotten, or chose to ignore the statement made in the Port Huron Statement five years earlier in which the SDS found violence to be "abhorrent" because it transformed a human being or a group of people into a "depersonalized object of hate."54
Carl Davidson and other SDSers saw something to emulate in the tactics of Cuban guerrillas such as Che Guevara55--not because of their armed struggles, but because of their tendency to approach people to gain support without needing a superior "Marxist" ideology.56 In an SDS pamphlet titled "Cuba v. US Imperialism", the SDS lauds the Cuban Revolution for its "freshness and anti-dogmatism, its version and firmness in the fight with imperialism."57 Through their admiration for revolutionaries, and their movement from peaceful protest to resistance, the SDS began their metamorphosis into a more radical and defiant revolutionary organization. "

Those peaceful kids!
Students for A Democratic Society

What's the conspiracy, btw? It seems to me the conspiracy you all are touting is some conspiracy by the National Guard to squelch peaceful students? Is that it?

The students did not deserve to die. They were protesting the very real fact that they and their friends were being drafted to fight a war that they didn't support. Their only options were be drafted or give up their citizenship.

You are an asshole, Allie. Especially since you know that some of those killed weren't even protesting.

You dishonor so many people, including the National Guard.

You know, I never once said they deserved to die. I said they weren't murdered, that it was a tragedy, and that it's an example of what happens when terrorist groups HIDE BEHIND INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Get it yet? Hello?

Forum List

Back