Let us discuss this openly... What exactly IS the "two states solution"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decolonization suggests, to me, the forced removal of people from territory, which I would argue is morally wrong.

It is possible to consider a somewhat more voluntary population transfer, though, with incentives -- very generous incentives -- for those affected. It is entirely possible that these two groups of people are incapable, at this time, of living harmoniously with each other. Perhaps a "time out" from each other will be just the thing needed.

I predict that P F Tinmore will decline to provide an answer about what he means when he suggests "decolonization" as even he knows its an abhorrent idea.

Decolonization suggests, to me, the forced removal of people from territory, which I would argue is morally wrong.

It is possible to consider a somewhat more voluntary population transfer, though, with incentives -- very generous incentives -- for those affected. It is entirely possible that these two groups of people are incapable, at this time, of living harmoniously with each other. Perhaps a "time out" from each other will be just the thing needed.

I predict that P F Tinmore will decline to provide an answer about what he means when he suggests "decolonization" as even he knows its an abhorrent idea.
You clearly do not understand the mechanisms of decolonization.

You clearly do not understand the mechanisms of decolonization

Oh, trust me, we do. We've been through it before.

72-892.jpg

But Eretz Y'srael isn't a colony. It's the home of the Jews for the last 4,000 years

I'm waiting for the Southern Baptists to offer me 20 million to move to Israel.
All talk, no action.

You clearly have no idea what you want to say! Throwing links says nothing. You could as well as told me "Google it" for your opinion.

People usually post lions when they are too lazy or misinformed to offer up a real argument.

You clearly have no idea what you want to say! Throwing links says nothing. You could as well as told me "Google it" for your opinion.

People usually post lions when they are too lazy or misinformed to offer up a real argument.

There are plenty of examples. Rhodesia, Algeria, South Africa, Istria etc.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

All I asked for was a straight forward answer about how those ideals are going to work in Israel. I don't care about other places, they don't face the same problems. If he cannot offer a reasonable answer then why pretending, to begin with

All I asked for was a straight forward answer about how those ideals are going to work in Israel. I don't care about other places, they don't face the same problems. If he cannot offer a reasonable answer then why pretending, to begin with
Those ideals whatever they are have worked in "israel" for the past 1000+ years

Those ideals whatever they are have worked in "israel" for the past 1000+ years

What you you talking about.

And that is just Israel. There is no
m0146.gif

You clearly are capable of articulating them.
I posted the link. What more do you want?

I want you to do what teddy asked you to do and articulate a clear outline of what you think the solution to the conflict would be. Not a one word answer. A clear step by step plan.

Can you do that?
4. All armed action or repressive measures of all kinds directed against dependent peoples shall cease in order to enable them to exercise peacefully and freely their right to complete independence, and the integrity of their national territory shall be respected.

5. Immediate steps shall be taken, in Trust and Non-Self-Governing Territories or all other territories which have not yet attained independence, to transfer all powers to the peoples of those territories, without any conditions or reservations, in accordance with their freely expressed will and desire, without any distinction as to race, creed or colour, in order to enable them to enjoy complete independence and freedom.

The United Nations and Decolonization - Declaration

Of course other international law would be in place like it would be illegal to expel any of the legal residents of the territory.

You clearly are capable of articulating them.
I posted the link. What more do you want?

I want you to do what teddy asked you to do and articulate a clear outline of what you think the solution to the conflict would be. Not a one word answer. A clear step by step plan.

Can you do that?
4. All armed action or repressive measures of all kinds directed against dependent peoples shall cease in order to enable them to exercise peacefully and freely their right to complete independence, and the integrity of their national territory shall be respected.

5. Immediate steps shall be taken, in Trust and Non-Self-Governing Territories or all other territories which have not yet attained independence, to transfer all powers to the peoples of those territories, without any conditions or reservations, in accordance with their freely expressed will and desire, without any distinction as to race, creed or colour, in order to enable them to enjoy complete independence and freedom.

Of course other international law would be in place like it would be illegal to expel any of the legal residents of the territory.

Laws are subject to context and interpretation. Perhaps not so much in the alternate reality of Islamic terrorists "elected" to government rule but in the relevant first world, we need to take an approach toward matters that is not shackled by precepts of a notorious 7th century theocratic code.

From your link:

"...in accordance with their freely expressed will and desire..."

When such "freely expressed will and desire" is defined by:

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).",

We need to take an approach that recognizes there are certain ideologies which are incompatible with the relevant first world.

Your practice of rote cutting and pasting of snippets from UN proclamations without any thought toward context is time wasting.

1. What armed action or repressive measures are still directed against the peoples? Be specific. Do you mean to prevent Israeli military and LEOs from entering Areas A and B? Do you mean to remove all rights of self-defense from Israel? Do you mean the dismantling of the Israeli army? Do you mean to do to Israel what you and monte claim would not be acceptable for Palestine -- total disarmament?

2. Define the national territory. If you mean the entire territory -- a one state solution -- do you mean the Israeli government must be dismantled and replaced with an Arab Palestinian one? Which one? Fatah? Hamas? A new one?

3. Which powers have not been transferred to Hamas and the PA which you think should be transferred? Be specific.

1. What armed action or repressive measures are still directed against the peoples? Be specific. Do you mean to prevent Israeli military and LEOs from entering Areas A and B? Do you mean to remove all rights of self-defense from Israel? Do you mean the dismantling of the Israeli army? Do you mean to do to Israel what you and monte claim would not be acceptable for Palestine -- total disarmament?

2. Define the national territory. If you mean the entire territory -- a one state solution -- do you mean the Israeli government must be dismantled and replaced with an Arab Palestinian one? Which one? Fatah? Hamas? A new one?

3. Which powers have not been transferred to Hamas and the PA which you think should be transferred? Be specific.
All you do is troll. But it's fun watching your dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back