Your Favorite Things About Israel

Sixties Fan

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2017
This thread is for those who either live in Israel, have been to Israel, or simply enjoy many of the things which come from Israel.

Post your favorite movies, songs, books, poetry, restaurants, dishes, Malls, beaches, Archeological finds, tourist locations, stories, holidays.....the sky is the limit.

(Trolls? Ignore them)

th

*****SMILE*****

:)

Today is the second day of Purim

What are your favorites things about the Holiday?
What does it mean to you?
Songs?

I like when Jewish Passover coincides with Catholic Holy Thursday.

Although the Jewish calendar is normally pretty fokked up sometimes it falls on the same day.

Israel is a democracy.
Do you know what a democracy is ??

Ancient Athens was a democracy.

I've never visited Israel and am not familiar with Purim....

What's your favorite thing about Israel? That it's a democracy.

In the State of Israel, as in other democratic states, rule is rooted in the following liberal principles and institutions: basic laws that lay down the order of government and the rights of citizens; the holding of elections to the house of representatives based on the principle of the rule of the majority, with the rights of the minority guaranteed by law; the principle of the separation between the legislative branch, the executive branch, and the judiciary, to which the institution of state control has been added; freedom of the press.

How Does the Israeli Government Work?

This is not a place to argue what Israel is or is not, politically or otherwise.
It is about one's favorite things about the country.

Thank you all.

Songs?

Although the Jewish calendar is normally pretty fokked up sometimes it falls on the same day.

Jewish Calendar follows the Moon
The Christian Calendar follows the Sun

That is why they do not usually match

Israel is a democracy.

In the State of Israel, as in other democratic states, rule is rooted in the following liberal principles and institutions: basic laws that lay down the order of government and the rights of citizens; the holding of elections to the house of representatives based on the principle of the rule of the majority, with the rights of the minority guaranteed by law; the principle of the separation between the legislative branch, the executive branch, and the judiciary, to which the institution of state control has been added; freedom of the press.

The Jewish State is a representative republic where everybody votes for a Knesset and comes out with 3 parties, two of which must unite in a coalition, to get anything done.

It is the most dysfunctional government on this Earth.

You can love it all you want though.

Songs?

Jewish Calendar follows the Moon
The Christian Calendar follows the Sun

That is why they do not usually match

I know all about the lunar calendar of the Jews.

That's why it's fokked up -- same as the Chinese.

Israel is a democracy.

The Jewish State is a representative republic where everybody votes for a Knesset and comes out with 3 parties, two of which must unite in a coalition, to get anything done.

It is the most dysfunctional government on this Earth.

You can love it all you want though.

No Politics, Please.

Favorite singers, composers, Falafel stands, etc.

Politics, there are enough threads to deal with that.

Hebrew, German, and Japanese are very strong languages, and their music is very strong as well.

Forum List

Back