Let us discuss this openly... What exactly IS the "two states solution"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this very telling, am I alone?

You are most certainly not alone. The only Team Palestine member who seriously discusses solutions is Coyote. But, in fairness to them, most of them would prefer a one state solution.
If you think coyote is team Palestine, then you have been hoodwinked.

AND THE ONE STATE SOLUTION IS THE SOLUTION FROM OUR TRADITIONAL RABBIS!

Nice spin, though.

there was a solution for a two state option but sadly that option has passed, say hello to your new leaders, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing Jewish communities in Palestine

Why has that option passed? Why not both Jewish sovereignty and Palestinian sovereignty? Why does it HAVE to be a zero sum game?

You are most certainly not alone. The only Team Palestine member who seriously discusses solutions is Coyote. But, in fairness to them, most of them would prefer a one state solution.

Nice spin, though.

What's your solution?

Nice spin, though.

What's your solution?
Me? Read what I just had to write... TWICE!

LOL

there was a solution for a two state option but sadly that option has passed, say hello to your new leaders, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing Jewish communities in Palestine

Why has that option passed? Why not both Jewish sovereignty and Palestinian sovereignty? Why does it HAVE to be a zero sum game?

That's part of the problem - too many people look at it in terms of winners and losers, or a zero sum. It's still possible to have two - or more likely - three states.

I also wonder if some sort of federation is possible?

I stand with the traditional Jewish rabbis. One Palestinian state as it was before all the mass murder began.
Have you ever tried to put an egg back into its shell as if not opened? Have you ever tried to unscramble eggs?

Try again, boy.
The peaceful dismantling of the terrorist state would not be that difficult. And it sure would be a helluva lot better than the never ending mass murder.

I prefer the term "pro-Palestinian", but there's another who I will now mention.

Humanity , care to weigh in here? I know you can post intelligently as well.

Off topic, but Coyote sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be best to rename this section to the Israel/Palestine Conflict Endless Bashing of Each Side Forever, and then create a child called Israel Palestine Solutions. LOL!

Solution:

Although as a Jew it breaks my heart to give away any part of our Promised Land, as a realist I see we have no choice. So the land has to be divided, unfortunately, according to the 1967 lines, with some land swaps. Israel should get Ma'alei Adumim (where there's a large Anglo population, including relatives and friends of mine), and the Gush bloc. Galilee (with its large Arab population), and parts of the Negev can go to Palestine in exchange. Special visiting arrangements for Jews to go to Abraham's, Rachel's, and Joseph's Tombs in Palestine. Palestine can be fully independent economically and diplomatically, but it cannot have an army. The Arab parts of East Jerusalem can be their capital if that's their preference, but that does not include the Old City, which remains under Israeli control. (Hopefully they will make Ramallah their capital.) The current status quo remains on the Temple Mount. No dual citizenship, which means that the current Jewish settlers become Palestinian citizens. Gaza will not be part of the West Bank Palestine. It will do whatever it wants to do. The End.

I prefer the term "pro-Palestinian", but there's another who I will now mention.

Humanity , care to weigh in here? I know you can post intelligently as well.

I'd also like to hear from Humanity. Thank you for reminding me.

I don't like the Pro- Anti- designations because it seems to me to support the zero sum game.

The "team" designations have the implication to me of who you generally play for which allows some room for mutual respect.

To each his own, I guess.

Solution:

Although as a Jew it breaks my heart to give away any part of our Promised Land, as a realist I see we have no choice. So the land has to be divided, unfortunately, according to the 1967 lines, with some land swaps. Israel should get Ma'alei Adumim (where there's a large Anglo population, including relatives and friends of mine), and the Gush bloc. Galilee (with its large Arab population), and parts of the Negev can go to Palestine in exchange. Special visiting arrangements for Jews to go to Abraham's, Rachel's, and Joseph's Tombs in Palestine. Palestine can be fully independent economically and diplomatically, but it cannot have an army. The Arab parts of East Jerusalem can be their capital if that's their preference, but that does not include the Old City, which remains under Israeli control. (Hopefully they will make Ramallah their capital.) The current status quo remains on the Temple Mount. No dual citizenship, which means that the current Jewish settlers become Palestinian citizens. Gaza will not be part of the West Bank Palestine. It will do whatever it wants to do. The End.
Finally, another serious reply. And from a pro-Israeli poster, imagine that?

Me, for my part, I would hate to see the whole of the Galilee (and by inference the Golan) to go to the newly independent Palestine, maybe only since there has been a constant Jewish presence in Tiberius and Tzfat. Splitting Jerusalem into East and West sounds workable, as long as Israel can move all embassies and actually claim their portion of Jerusalem finally as their capital. Status quo on the Temple mount, well it would be nice if there was a little more openness there, however I do see that it has been quite the hot spot over the years. As a non-Jew and non-Muslim I sure would like to be able to pray there though.

However, if this two state solution were to actually work, this new state of Palestine should be allowed to have their own army, why not? If they were to use their army to attack Israel, we know historically how that would work out for them.

Last thought is that Israel would still want to have some presence in the Jordan valley for any real or imagined attack that would or could come from Iran or other countries in that direction.

Solution:

"our Promised Land"
YOU KNOW NOTHING.
LMAO!

Am I the only one who notices which posters are actually trying to find a workable solution here? That they are the ones who are pretty much pro-Israel? Who have been called 'Hasbara' here and other threads? Lipush, the one who started this thread lives in Israel and is definitely pro-Israel. Yet, the anti-Israel crowd have not posted any original solutions at all, but continues with the old arguments.

All of the "Israeli" solutions deny the rights of over half of the Palestinians.

"our Promised Land"
YOU KNOW NOTHING.
LMAO!
OK, I've fucking had it. When you have something useful to post you fucking piece of shit asshole, then do so.

Otherwise please go and securely fuck yourself in your momma basement.
Maximum butthurt achieved?

Look, neither of you understand the religion you are supporting. Fulfill the covenant first and then we'll (and G-d) will talk. Bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back