Legal to eat pets - Thank the NRA

well yeah...a majority of your leadership pledged to hinder ,block and interfere with everything he's done.

Kinda like the democrats did in 2007?
that's not the best lie you repubs tell but it's close ....

How's this: when Bush started in 2001, economy was fine. The unemployment was 4% and we had a record surplus. And we weren't fighting in any wars. When Bush left in 2009 the unemployment was 8% adnd we had a record deficit. And we are still fighting in two wars.

Not so fast, the media was reporting a recession from the first day of Bush's presidency.
and?

Who ignores the facts more, Republicans or Democrats?
  • As a result, highly-polarized people, such as self-promoting Democrats, Republicans, liberals and conservatives tend to ignore facts that do not substantiate their side. And mainstream media propogates and panders to these flaws, especially via a method of creating "demon" icons like fundamentalist radicalists, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, the ACLU or PETA. These references create such irrational contempt among certain polarized groups that they ignore facts on relevant issues to which they may not even be associated. In other words, you can tell a republican that Rush Limbaugh burned down his neighbor's house and he may suggest the neighbor deserved it, but if someone from PETA steps on his lawn, he might want them arrested for trespassing.

I'll bet there are YAers who will argue with this study!">Director of Clinical Psychology at Emory University, Drew Westen studies the way that psychology and politics intersect, and he says the format of cable TV news -- throwing out a topic to two representatives of opposite sides -- capitalizes on a design flaw in the human brain. People believe what they want to believe, no matter what the facts are.

As a result, highly-polarized people, such as self-promoting Democrats, Republicans, liberals and conservatives tend to ignore facts that do not substantiate their side. And mainstream media propogates and panders to these flaws, especially via a method of creating "demon" icons like fundamentalist radicalists, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, the ACLU or PETA. These references create such irrational contempt among certain polarized groups that they ignore facts on relevant issues to which they may not even be associated. In other words, you can tell a republican that Rush Limbaugh burned down his neighbor's house and he may suggest the neighbor deserved it, but if someone from PETA steps on his lawn, he might want them arrested for trespassing.
If a person from peta steps on my lawn my dog would bite him. True story.
only because you taught them too..
I'll bet a few years back you trained them to sic black people
Yeah, since you know me so well.
no need to know you personally, all your posts are tainted with one kind of bigotry or another.
Awe just because I'm honest? Look I really don't care what people do. Just keep it to yourself and don't ask me to accept it. Oh and my dog is spoiled rotten, got the run of my house. He just doesn't like people.
lol! no that's not bigoted at all....

Kinda like the democrats did in 2007?

How's this: when Bush started in 2001, economy was fine. The unemployment was 4% and we had a record surplus. And we weren't fighting in any wars. When Bush left in 2009 the unemployment was 8% adnd we had a record deficit. And we are still fighting in two wars.
Not so fast, the media was reporting a recession from the first day of Bush's presidency.
and?
If a person from peta steps on my lawn my dog would bite him. True story.
no need to know you personally, all your posts are tainted with one kind of bigotry or another.
Awe just because I'm honest? Look I really don't care what people do. Just keep it to yourself and don't ask me to accept it. Oh and my dog is spoiled rotten, got the run of my house. He just doesn't like people.
Yeah, I could be more like you and your liberal buddies. See if you don't agree, you just want to ban it. You don't like smoking but your kind has banned it from private businesses. Don't like sodas, dictate the size you can buy. Seat belt laws, helmet laws, and many more. If I don't agree with the gay lifestyle, but have never done anything against one, i'm a bigot. If I think a black person should get an education and work his way off welfare i'm a racist. You and your kind isn't bigoted or hateful, give me a break.

and?
Yeah, I could be more like you and your liberal buddies. See if you don't agree, you just want to ban it. You don't like smoking but your kind has banned it from private businesses. Don't like sodas, dictate the size you can buy. Seat belt laws, helmet laws, and many more. If I don't agree with the gay lifestyle, but have never done anything against one, i'm a bigot. If I think a black person should get an education and work his way off welfare i'm a racist. You and your kind isn't bigoted or hateful, give me a break.
Why shouldn`t a white person get an education and work his way off welfare? Ever see a trailer park?

and?
Why shouldn`t a white person get an education and work his way off welfare? Ever see a trailer park?
They should, but if I said that I wouldn't be called a racist by the hateful left. Was just trying to show a point.

They should, but if I said that I wouldn't be called a racist by the hateful left. Was just trying to show a point.
If youre white then why would it be called racist to tell a white person to get off welfare? Mind your business and you wont be called a racist. You dont have a point.

If youre white then why would it be called racist to tell a white person to get off welfare? Mind your business and you wont be called a racist. You dont have a point.
When a welfare recipient has more expendable cash than the average tax payer does. It is our business.

When a welfare recipient has more expendable cash than the average tax payer does. It is our business.
Have you been on welfare? They dont have more expendable cash idiot. They have less bills because they cant afford things that create bills. However, that has nothing to do with my post. More white people are on welfare. Tell them to get off of it before trying to tell a Black person to get off of it.

and?
every thing you 've just posted is wrong.

no it's not. they have more disposable cash because they are to poor to spend it on hobbies like boats or jet skis etc..

no it's not. they have more disposable cash because they are to poor to spend it on hobbies like boats or jet skis etc..
Sorry, I'm speechless. Wow

Stephen Colbert butchers the NRA for killing bill that banned the eating of puppies and kittens

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

On last night’s episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert went after the National Rifle Association for its role in killing a Pennsylvania bill that banned the breeding of cats and dogs for meat.

“The kitten-coddlers out there don’t want you to eat your pets,” he began. “‘That’s illegal,’ they say. But not everywhere — you can have a dog for dinner in Pennsylvania thanks to the NRA.”

Colbert then cut to a clip from WPVI, in which the reporter said, “this all started after a small number of butcher shops in Pennsylvania started selling dog and cat meat. In response, House Bill 1750, designed to outlaw the human consumption of household pets was quickly put together. But the NRA opposed the bill, and it never got voted on.”

“We did it!” Colbert shouted. “It’s still legal in Pennsylvania to serve cat and dog meat! So you’re safe for now, White Castle.”

“Now, I don’t always agree with the NRA, but I do. Especially about why this bill had to die,” he said, before cutting back to WPVI, which stated the reason the bill was killed was that an amendment was added to ban live pigeon shooting.

“Now, I imagine that shooting a pigeon on the ground might seem like shooting fish in a barrel,” Colbert said. “But there’s a big difference — fish don’t scream.”

“According to the NRA’s website, banning the time-honored tradition of shooting captive pigeons ‘might begin the slide down a slippery slope,’ and ‘the next stop will be regulated shooting grounds.’ That’s right, in order to protect their right to kill birds, the NRA defeated the anti-pet-eating bill.”

“It’s a hard, but noble sacrifice,” Colbert continued. “But dogs and cats must die, in order that the pigeons may die too.”

See video at the link.

The funny thing is that ole Luddley here doesn't know that Colbert is a comedy show.

Seriously, this is an issue? Are you really worried that there's no law against eating your pets? Are you more likely to eat your pets without the government reminding you that you're not supposed to? Or do you have some vested interest in people not being allowed to eat dog? If so, why do you feel that it's your business whether some Filipino family wants to raise dogs for the same reason they're raising chickens? What is the moral fact upon which you base your opinion that there needs to be a government mandate that people only eat certain animals that you haven't identified as cute and cuddly?

More importantly, WHO THE FUCK CARES if the NRA supports or doesn't support a law against eating dog?

false your response is..
hint :disposable

So, you figure that you'll double down, huh?

:rofl:

This is comedy gold - and all the better because you don't even grasp how stupid you're revealing yourself to be....
false it's you that's showcasing YOUR STUPIDITY so nothing changed.
not my problem if you don't get it.
besides I know I'm not stupid and that what counts .

He's got a point, there, Daws. Why don't you look up the meaning of "disposable income" and then try and figure out how money that one spends on hobbies and jet skis relates to disposable income, and see if you can't reason your way around to why you look stupid when you describe these two things as mutually exclusive.

false it's you that's showcasing YOUR STUPIDITY so nothing changed.
not my problem if you don't get it.
besides I know I'm not stupid and that what counts .

You actually don't know what the term "disposable income" means. do you duhs?

You honestly believe that after all financial obligations, rent, utilities, food, car payment, gas, etc. are made, the welfare recipient has more left over for entertainment and leisure than the rich do, doncha duhs?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I'm laughing AT you.

Forum List

Back