Legal to eat pets - Thank the NRA

Stephen Colbert butchers the NRA for killing bill that banned the eating of puppies and kittens

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

On last night’s episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert went after the National Rifle Association for its role in killing a Pennsylvania bill that banned the breeding of cats and dogs for meat.

“The kitten-coddlers out there don’t want you to eat your pets,” he began. “‘That’s illegal,’ they say. But not everywhere — you can have a dog for dinner in Pennsylvania thanks to the NRA.”

Colbert then cut to a clip from WPVI, in which the reporter said, “this all started after a small number of butcher shops in Pennsylvania started selling dog and cat meat. In response, House Bill 1750, designed to outlaw the human consumption of household pets was quickly put together. But the NRA opposed the bill, and it never got voted on.”

“We did it!” Colbert shouted. “It’s still legal in Pennsylvania to serve cat and dog meat! So you’re safe for now, White Castle.”

“Now, I don’t always agree with the NRA, but I do. Especially about why this bill had to die,” he said, before cutting back to WPVI, which stated the reason the bill was killed was that an amendment was added to ban live pigeon shooting.

“Now, I imagine that shooting a pigeon on the ground might seem like shooting fish in a barrel,” Colbert said. “But there’s a big difference — fish don’t scream.”

“According to the NRA’s website, banning the time-honored tradition of shooting captive pigeons ‘might begin the slide down a slippery slope,’ and ‘the next stop will be regulated shooting grounds.’ That’s right, in order to protect their right to kill birds, the NRA defeated the anti-pet-eating bill.”

“It’s a hard, but noble sacrifice,” Colbert continued. “But dogs and cats must die, in order that the pigeons may die too.”

See video at the link.
What? Are you mad that the bill didn't include being able to eat your aborted baby? Until you care about human life, you have no credit talking about something else's life.
a touch paranoid are we?
Nope, anything else?

Stephen Colbert butchers the NRA for killing bill that banned the eating of puppies and kittens

On last night’s episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert went after the National Rifle Association for its role in killing a Pennsylvania bill that banned the breeding of cats and dogs for meat.

“The kitten-coddlers out there don’t want you to eat your pets,” he began. “‘That’s illegal,’ they say. But not everywhere — you can have a dog for dinner in Pennsylvania thanks to the NRA.”

Colbert then cut to a clip from WPVI, in which the reporter said, “this all started after a small number of butcher shops in Pennsylvania started selling dog and cat meat. In response, House Bill 1750, designed to outlaw the human consumption of household pets was quickly put together. But the NRA opposed the bill, and it never got voted on.”

“We did it!” Colbert shouted. “It’s still legal in Pennsylvania to serve cat and dog meat! So you’re safe for now, White Castle.”

“Now, I don’t always agree with the NRA, but I do. Especially about why this bill had to die,” he said, before cutting back to WPVI, which stated the reason the bill was killed was that an amendment was added to ban live pigeon shooting.

“Now, I imagine that shooting a pigeon on the ground might seem like shooting fish in a barrel,” Colbert said. “But there’s a big difference — fish don’t scream.”

“According to the NRA’s website, banning the time-honored tradition of shooting captive pigeons ‘might begin the slide down a slippery slope,’ and ‘the next stop will be regulated shooting grounds.’ That’s right, in order to protect their right to kill birds, the NRA defeated the anti-pet-eating bill.”

“It’s a hard, but noble sacrifice,” Colbert continued. “But dogs and cats must die, in order that the pigeons may die too.”

See video at the link.
What? Are you mad that the bill didn't include being able to eat your aborted baby? Until you care about human life, you have no credit talking about something else's life.
a touch paranoid are we?
Nope, anything else?
one of the major signs of paranoia is denying you are.

See video at the link.
a touch paranoid are we?
Nope, anything else?
Never said I was, just made a truthful point.

See video at the link.
a touch paranoid are we?
Nope, anything else?
of course thanks for proving my point.

Obama ate a dog FFS!!!

Yes, because, at the age of 11, he lived in a country where it was accepted and customary.

Now the NRA wants to make it an accepted practice in the US.

THINK it through, Frank.
Get with the times nutty, isn't that what you tell us about gay marriage?
get with the times ? you claim to live in south Carolina ,if so then it's still 1967.
Yeah that's why our economy is doing well.

a touch paranoid are we?
Nope, anything else?
b4bbdc50ffc8bc3cbd04b39b6ca9ad00.jpg

Obama ate a dog FFS!!!

Yes, because, at the age of 11, he lived in a country where it was accepted and customary.

THINK it through, Frank.
get with the times ? you claim to live in south Carolina ,if so then it's still 1967.
it's much better than in 08 and when bush left office...

Obama ate a dog FFS!!!

THINK it through, Frank.
Yeah, because those evil republicans stopped Obama from doing anything. Remember?

a touch paranoid are we?
Nope, anything else?
View attachment 33729
a touch paranoid are we?
Nope, anything else?
View attachment 33729
Who ignores the facts more, Republicans or Democrats?
  • As a result, highly-polarized people, such as self-promoting Democrats, Republicans, liberals and conservatives tend to ignore facts that do not substantiate their side. And mainstream media propogates and panders to these flaws, especially via a method of creating "demon" icons like fundamentalist radicalists, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, the ACLU or PETA. These references create such irrational contempt among certain polarized groups that they ignore facts on relevant issues to which they may not even be associated. In other words, you can tell a republican that Rush Limbaugh burned down his neighbor's house and he may suggest the neighbor deserved it, but if someone from PETA steps on his lawn, he might want them arrested for trespassing.

I'll bet there are YAers who will argue with this study!">Director of Clinical Psychology at Emory University, Drew Westen studies the way that psychology and politics intersect, and he says the format of cable TV news -- throwing out a topic to two representatives of opposite sides -- capitalizes on a design flaw in the human brain. People believe what they want to believe, no matter what the facts are.

As a result, highly-polarized people, such as self-promoting Democrats, Republicans, liberals and conservatives tend to ignore facts that do not substantiate their side. And mainstream media propogates and panders to these flaws, especially via a method of creating "demon" icons like fundamentalist radicalists, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, the ACLU or PETA. These references create such irrational contempt among certain polarized groups that they ignore facts on relevant issues to which they may not even be associated. In other words, you can tell a republican that Rush Limbaugh burned down his neighbor's house and he may suggest the neighbor deserved it, but if someone from PETA steps on his lawn, he might want them arrested for trespassing.

THINK it through, Frank.
Yeah, because those evil republicans stopped Obama from doing anything. Remember?
well yeah...a majority of your leadership pledged to hinder ,block and interfere with everything he's done.

Nope, anything else?
View attachment 33729
Nope, anything else?
View attachment 33729
  • As a result, highly-polarized people, such as self-promoting Democrats, Republicans, liberals and conservatives tend to ignore facts that do not substantiate their side. And mainstream media propogates and panders to these flaws, especially via a method of creating "demon" icons like fundamentalist radicalists, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, the ACLU or PETA. These references create such irrational contempt among certain polarized groups that they ignore facts on relevant issues to which they may not even be associated. In other words, you can tell a republican that Rush Limbaugh burned down his neighbor's house and he may suggest the neighbor deserved it, but if someone from PETA steps on his lawn, he might want them arrested for trespassing.

I'll bet there are YAers who will argue with this study!">Director of Clinical Psychology at Emory University, Drew Westen studies the way that psychology and politics intersect, and he says the format of cable TV news -- throwing out a topic to two representatives of opposite sides -- capitalizes on a design flaw in the human brain. People believe what they want to believe, no matter what the facts are.

As a result, highly-polarized people, such as self-promoting Democrats, Republicans, liberals and conservatives tend to ignore facts that do not substantiate their side. And mainstream media propogates and panders to these flaws, especially via a method of creating "demon" icons like fundamentalist radicalists, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, the ACLU or PETA. These references create such irrational contempt among certain polarized groups that they ignore facts on relevant issues to which they may not even be associated. In other words, you can tell a republican that Rush Limbaugh burned down his neighbor's house and he may suggest the neighbor deserved it, but if someone from PETA steps on his lawn, he might want them arrested for trespassing.
If a person from peta steps on my lawn my dog would bite him. True story.

well yeah...a majority of your leadership pledged to hinder ,block and interfere with everything he's done.

Kinda like the democrats did in 2007?

View attachment 33729
View attachment 33729

only because you taught them too..
I'll bet a few years back you trained them to sic black people

that's not the best lie you repubs tell but it's close ....

How's this: when Bush started in 2001, economy was fine. The unemployment was 4% and we had a record surplus. And we weren't fighting in any wars. When Bush left in 2009 the unemployment was 8% adnd we had a record deficit. And we are still fighting in two wars.

How's this: when Bush started in 2001, economy was fine. The unemployment was 4% and we had a record surplus. And we weren't fighting in any wars. When Bush left in 2009 the unemployment was 8% adnd we had a record deficit. And we are still fighting in two wars.

Not so fast, the media was reporting a recession from the first day of Bush's presidency.

View attachment 33729
View attachment 33729

Yeah, since you know me so well.

Not so fast, the media was reporting a recession from the first day of Bush's presidency.
and?

no need to know you personally, all your posts are tainted with one kind of bigotry or another.

and?

no need to know you personally, all your posts are tainted with one kind of bigotry or another.
Awe just because I'm honest? Look I really don't care what people do. Just keep it to yourself and don't ask me to accept it. Oh and my dog is spoiled rotten, got the run of my house. He just doesn't like people.

Forum List

Back