CDZ Legal Question

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Given that the Blue jurisdictions are handing out photo ID to illegals is that evidence of conspiracy to commit voter fraud?

I thought that voter laws were a state issue, isn't it up to the states to decide who can vote? And handing out voter IDs is not necessarily indicative of voter fraud unless maybe those IDs do not indicate the person is an illegal rather than a citizen who is eligible to vote. Now if tan ineligible person is permitted to vote anyway then somebody has committed voter fraud, but proving it might a little bit difficult in a court of law.

Given that the Blue jurisdictions are handing out photo ID to illegals is that evidence of conspiracy to commit voter fraud?

No
A certified voter registration demonstrates eligibility to vote
An ID just says you are who you say you are

Of course not.

A citizen must be registered to vote to be eligible to vote – a state-issued ID has nothing to do with that.

And that an immigrant is undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal.’

Last, affording state-issued IDs to undocumented immigrants is consistent with 14th Amendment jurisprudence.

I thought that voter laws were a state issue, isn't it up to the states to decide who can vote? And handing out voter IDs is not necessarily indicative of voter fraud unless maybe those IDs do not indicate the person is an illegal rather than a citizen who is eligible to vote. Now if tan ineligible person is permitted to vote anyway then somebody has committed voter fraud, but proving it might a little bit difficult in a court of law.
States determine eligibility for internal state elections. Federal elections are determined by federal law and this seems to be a violation of the post-2000 election reforms.

States determine eligibility for internal state elections. Federal elections are determined by federal law and this seems to be a violation of the post-2000 election reforms.
No, not really. There is nothing whatsoever stopping a state from giving illegals the power to vote within the state for federal elections. The feds have only instituted measures against denying that power for specified reasons (as the constitution has required) not limited how far they can go in giving that power to others.

As I understand it, in the event the holder of a state ID card is not a US citizen and is provided a vehicle whereas to vote it is voter fraud. The state does not have the right nor jurisdiction to grant rights of citizenship.

Forum List

Back