Zone1 Leftists, do you agree that kids should receive sex-change operations without parental knowing?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Apparently, children can travel to California and get sex-change surgeries without their parents knowledge or consent. Do you support that?

Apparently, children can travel to California and get sex-change surgeries without their parents knowledge or consent. Do you support that?

no. but there could be exceptions.

can you imagine a case where the parents might be required to be uniformed? me either. bit i do not think about this as much as conservative busybodies do.

This is what the bill does. First it doesn't say that children can simply go to California to get sex-change surgeries. What it does say that when theirs a dispute over it a judge CAN decide to allow gender affirming care. Not WILL. Sex-change surgeries on minors do need permission from at least a parent.

As for the question itself.

I can imagine situations where this would make sense. Broken home. One parent who has custody sees that the child is in need of gender affirming care. The other parent who is at odds doesn't want to allow it. What is the solution that's best for the kid here?

The problem here is that you and people like you have decided that the trans community is your enemy. Because being homophobic has gone out of style. So now it's a convenient cultural issue that with the proper misinformation is a political boon.

After all. "Democrats want to allow doctors to cut off little children's penises" sounds bad and is easily understood to be bad for those that don't bother to actually look at what's really going on.

• Banned

This is what the bill does. First it doesn't say that children can simply go to California to get sex-change surgeries. What it does say that when theirs a dispute over it a judge CAN decide to allow gender affirming care. Not WILL. Presumably before any judge decides to actually allow for sex-change surgeries loads of professional gender affirming care will be conducted before

As for the question itself.

I can imagine situations where this would make sense. Broken home. One parent who has custody sees that the child is in need of gender affirming care. The other parent who is at odds doesn't want to allow it. What is the solution that's best for the kid here?

The problem here is that you and people like you have decided that the trans community is your enemy. Because being homophobic has gone out of style. So now it's a convenient cultural issue that with the proper misinformation is a political boon.

After all. "Democrats want to allow doctors to cut off little children's penises" sounds bad and is easily understood to be bad for those that don't bother to actually look at what's really going on.

Do you believe that a boy can become a girl?

Do you believe that a boy can become a girl?
I believe that some boys feel like they're born in the wrong body and are more comfortable as a girl. In fact, I know people like that have been around throughout history. Biologically they are still male. I don't see a problem though for them to be legally classified as female. Which is what they're asking.

I believe that some boys feel like they're born in the wrong body and are more comfortable as a girl. In fact, I know people like that have been around throughout history. Biologically they are still male. I don't see a problem though for them to be legally classified as female. Which is what they're asking.
I can see problems

Such as access to showers snd bathtooms

Along with women’s sports

I read an article that said that boys who receive puberty blockers are unable to orgasm.

Why not teach kids to accept and love themselves as they are? Isn't that a more honest and healthier way to help kids?

I can see problems

Such as access to showers snd bathtooms

Along with women’s sports
-Most bathrooms I've ever seen are closed off. One person one stall. So why is bathrooms a problem?
-Showers are another matter, because I'm aware that some biological females would be uncomfortable with a biological male in the shower. On the other hand, in the 1950's most whites wouldn't have dreamed sharing a shower with a black person. Now, I don't think many high school kids find it problematic. Society adapts to shifting social norms.

- Sports is in my view the only reasonable objection. Although I will also say that social norms play a part here too. Sports at its base is about a fair contest, and a biological male has by definition some physical advantages. But here again I have to ask where draw the line? I've played sports my entire life. Even did so semi-professional. I'm average height, average weight, and average build. And I truly believe that it was this lack of exceptional physique that kept me from going full pro. I had both the technical ability and determination to excel. Would you accept my argument that only average people can compete because of this?

Last edited:
I read an article that said that boys who receive puberty blockers are unable to orgasm.

Why not teach kids to accept and love themselves as they are? Isn't that a more honest and healthier way to help kids?
Why not teach kids to accept and love themselves who they are (biologically?) Which is the question you are really asking.

I'll counter with my own question. Why don't you, and people like you accept and teach kids that they can be who they are emotionally without feeling they're doing something wrong?

Now, I don't think many high school kids find it problematic. Society adapts to shifting social norms.
I think there is a lot of opposition but teens are afraid to speak up

Why not teach kids to accept and love themselves who they are (biologically?) Which is the question you are really asking.

I'll counter with my own question. Why don't you, and people like you accept and teach kids that they can be who they are emotionally without feeling they're doing something wrong?
Because sex is immutable but emotions change

Libs may do a sex change today and then later the child regrets it

Wait. Do you mean that a lot of white teens have a problem sharing a shower with a black one? Just so we're clear. Since my point was that societal norms can make previous taboos go away.
The topic is teens getting sex change operations and other transsexual issues not race

Try your cutie pie debate shenanigans on someone else

Because sex is immutable but emotions change

Libs may do a sex change today and then later the child regrets it
A person identifying with a different gender is rare. Changing their mind after is rarer still. In the end though it doesn't matter. Unless of course they've taken the drastic step of surgery.

What you're saying is that people should feel guilty for identifying with another gender because very rarely they change their mind later. A problem THEY not you, have to deal with if that occurs.

It seems to me that your problems with transgenders is exactly that. A problem you have.

Forum List

Back