Leave Your Hat On……..For the Anthem

Yea, but it's the Canadian anthem ... something by Celine Dion I think.

Yeah. I'd figure covering every private part on your body took priority over taking your hat off for the anthem. :dunno:

At least they are standing. In my granddaughters class there are several kids who will not stand for the pledge. They sit and talk and the parents have demanded they are left alone....and they are.

I was in BC several years ago attending to my mother on her last trip to her birthplace before she died.
We went to a parade along the banks of the Okanagan commemorating the Canadian Military.
I swear none of the canadian fucks took off their hats as they marched by.
In fact I got weird looks for removing mine that sported the American flag.

I’ve never understood the point of taking your hat off during the anthem

Church/Bible

1 Corinthians 11:7

New International Version
A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

New Living Translation
A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory. And woman reflects man’s glory.

English Standard Version
For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

Canadian education is imploding just as quickly as the US is.

A sharp eyed teacher tipped off the Sun that the new dress code for the Toronto District School Board calls for students to cover up their nipples, bums and groin areas — but is indifferent when it comes to hats and the anthem.

LILLEY: You can keep your hat on for the anthem, says TDSB

So now you're going to harp on the Canadian schools, having nothing else to worry about.

Worry about abuse in homeschools, why don't ya

Church/Bible

A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

New Living Translation
A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory. And woman reflects man’s glory.

English Standard Version
For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

What's that have to do with the Canadian anthem?

A sharp eyed teacher tipped off the Sun that the new dress code for the Toronto District School Board calls for students to cover up their nipples, bums and groin areas — but is indifferent when it comes to hats and the anthem.

So now you're going to harp on the Canadian schools, having nothing else to worry about.

So now your going to defend the implosion of education in Canada. Typical teacher to defend failure.

Church/Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

What does the Bible have to do with anything?

General sign of respect I guess, along with standing.

It goes back to Religious practices, I guess, for men at least where men didn't wear hats in church.

Church/Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

What does the Bible have to do with anything?

it's where the tradition probably came from.

Removing hats in Church was a sign of respect for god, so removing hats became (at least for men) a sign of respect in general.

So now your going to defend the implosion of education in Canada. Typical teacher to defend failure.
You should school us all on the state of education in Canada. Go for it. Class is in session.

It's old hat etiquette, way before your time.
I remember men taking off their hat in elevators when I (a female) stepped in.

Things aren't like that anymore.

Forum List

Back