Leave Your Hat On……..For the Anthem

I’ve never understood the point of taking your hat off during the anthem
It's old hat etiquette, way before your time.
I remember men taking off their hat in elevators when I (a female) stepped in.

Things aren't like that anymore.
A time when people didn’t walk into schools and places of work and start shooting people. Just a subtle item in the great decline of Civilization.

Then I must be an old soul, because I'll take it a step further. I take my pants off when a woman walks into an elevator. Only been arrested twice.

Then I must be an old soul, because I'll take it a step further. I take my pants off when a woman walks into an elevator. Only been arrested twice.
LOL You scamp.

Seriously?

It's nothing more than a meaningless gesture that achieves nothing other than offending butt hurt snowflakes when someone doesn't do it.
And holding doors open for ladies is meaningless as well as sexist.

Why is that good for society?

I always figured they were just too stupid to open doors. :dunno:

Oh, Jeezusfuckingchrist! Let's see if we can start another national argument over taking off hats during the National Anthem! Before long, you are going to have us all groveling flat on the fucking ground before your idol the American flag.

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

Young people don't follow those rules of hat etiquette anymore and who cares? Old timers who want to play hat off-on are certainly welcome to, but leave the younger generations alone and don't get started on the hat stuff. It is completely and totally a useless argument, no more substantially important than the one over kneeling.

Oh, Jeezusfuckingchrist! Let's see if we can start another national argument over taking off hats during the National Anthem! Before long, you are going to have us all groveling flat on the fucking ground before your idol the American flag.

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

Young people don't follow those rules of hat etiquette anymore and who cares? Old timers who want to play hat off-on are certainly welcome to, but leave the younger generations alone and don't get started on the hat stuff. It is completely and totally a useless argument, no more substantially important than the one over kneeling.
No shock you want a Civilization of narcissism and rudeness, you’re a loony lefty.

Church/Bible

1 Corinthians 11:7

New International Version
A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

New Living Translation
A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory. And woman reflects man’s glory.

English Standard Version
For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

What does the Bible have to do with anything?

Seriously.....

What do you think back then people have just as much disrespect as today?

Guys took their hats off for church, the flag

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

Bullshit...why the fuck do you think people don't think twice on killing someone, they were taught no respect at all

At least they are standing. In my granddaughters class there are several kids who will not stand for the pledge. They sit and talk and the parents have demanded they are left alone....and they are.

That’s where their fellow students need to take them to a corner of the playground and “explain” things to them.

Yeah, men don't wear hats like back in the 1920s when you were young.

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

For the sake of you and the TV audience at home, this is about

CANADA!

Canadian education is imploding just as quickly as the US is.

A sharp eyed teacher tipped off the Sun that the new dress code for the Toronto District School Board calls for students to cover up their nipples, bums and groin areas — but is indifferent when it comes to hats and the anthem.

LILLEY: You can keep your hat on for the anthem, says TDSB

It is the foreign national anthem, so I probably wouldn't stand for it either. I can't blame others.

In New York,they never showed respect for the National Anthem of the Soviet Union back in the day.

Canadian education is imploding just as quickly as the US is.

A sharp eyed teacher tipped off the Sun that the new dress code for the Toronto District School Board calls for students to cover up their nipples, bums and groin areas — but is indifferent when it comes to hats and the anthem.

LILLEY: You can keep your hat on for the anthem, says TDSB

It is the foreign national anthem, so I probably wouldn't stand for it either. I can't blame others.

In New York,they never showed respect for the National Anthem of the Soviet Union back in the day.

It’s Canadians not respecting the Canadian anthem per allowed public school policy.

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

Bullshit...why the fuck do you think people don't think twice on killing someone, they were taught no respect at all
I think twice on killing someone and so does everyone else I know. Do you think teaching eighty year old hat etiquette will somehow bring the killers to their senses?

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

I think twice on killing someone and so does everyone else I know. Do you think teaching eighty year old hat etiquette will somehow bring the killers to their senses?
Do you think raising children to become a narcissistic atheist who disrespect everyone and everything makes society better?

Last edited:

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

I don't know.

But I do know that since the Supreme Court outlawed prayer in the government schools in 1962, there has been a lot of problems in school we never had before. In the 1950's , the main problems in the school were things like chewing gum or talking in class, tardiness, running in the hallways, etc. Today, the problems in the school are things like murder, rape, robbery, hard drugs The world has changed. An old neighbor of mine provided a shiv to his teenage son attending government school so he could defend himself.

Its a dam shame when parents are forced to such extremes.

Like I said, but, they didn't have craziness like this when they had School Prayer in the government schools. I attended Christian institutions exclusively, and we had daily prayers. Yet, I can't remember a solitary time when a student shot or stabbed either a fellow student or a faculty member

Forum List

Back