Leave Your Hat On……..For the Anthem

Oh, Jeezusfuckingchrist! Let's see if we can start another national argument over taking off hats during the National Anthem! Before long, you are going to have us all groveling flat on the fucking ground before your idol the American flag.

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

Young people don't follow those rules of hat etiquette anymore and who cares? Old timers who want to play hat off-on are certainly welcome to, but leave the younger generations alone and don't get started on the hat stuff. It is completely and totally a useless argument, no more substantially important than the one over kneeling.

Bullshit...why the fuck do you think people don't think twice on killing someone, they were taught no respect at all
I think twice on killing someone and so does everyone else I know. Do you think teaching eighty year old hat etiquette will somehow bring the killers to their senses?

It's all about showing respect and you know it, way to many single moms not raising their boys respect and it's getting them killed also by cops.

Oh, Jeezusfuckingchrist! Let's see if we can start another national argument over taking off hats during the National Anthem! Before long, you are going to have us all groveling flat on the fucking ground before your idol the American flag.

Stoppit. Just stoppit.

Young people don't follow those rules of hat etiquette anymore and who cares? Old timers who want to play hat off-on are certainly welcome to, but leave the younger generations alone and don't get started on the hat stuff. It is completely and totally a useless argument, no more substantially important than the one over kneeling.

Bullshit...why the fuck do you think people don't think twice on killing someone, they were taught no respect at all
I think twice on killing someone and so does everyone else I know. Do you think teaching eighty year old hat etiquette will somehow bring the killers to their senses?

I don't know.

But I do know that since the Supreme Court outlawed prayer in the government schools in 1962, there has been a lot of problems in school we never had before. In the 1950's , the main problems in the school were things like chewing gum or talking in class, tardiness, running in the hallways, etc. Today, the problems in the school are things like murder, rape, robbery, hard drugs The world has changed. An old neighbor of mine provided a shiv to his teenage son attending government school so he could defend himself.

Its a dam shame when parents are forced to such extremes.

Like I said, but, they didn't have craziness like this when they had School Prayer in the government schools. I attended Christian institutions exclusively, and we had daily prayers. Yet, I can't remember a solitary time when a student shot or stabbed either a fellow student or a faculty member

BS!

Canada, O Canada. I know there are some really hard headed realist folks there. Just like there are in California. The lunatic fringe has somehow, and I can't say HOW, but they have taken over.I can't help but think one day the moral majority will be heard.

I’ve never understood the point of taking your hat off during the anthem

Church/Bible

1 Corinthians 11:7

New International Version
A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.

New Living Translation
A man should not wear anything on his head when worshiping, for man is made in God’s image and reflects God’s glory. And woman reflects man’s glory.

English Standard Version
For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

What makes you think your religion is the same thing as respecting the flag?

It's old hat etiquette, way before your time.
I remember men taking off their hat in elevators when I (a female) stepped in.

Things aren't like that anymore.
Another one-up for feminism! :thup: The HUBRIS of those men, daring to showing respect to women? Fucking patriarchy, oppressing women with respect. Thank goodness feminism fixed that with equality.

Does anyone really expect better from Canada? Canada is so far off the deep end, I wouldn't put it past them to add Attack Helicopter as a gender for their ID cards, just to be inclusive to trolls.

I think it's sort of a "gentlemanly" gesture symbolic of our national bird, the "bald" eagle, and a little bit of respect for Lady Liberty.

She would not exactly be worthy of the name "Lady Liberty" if she were pressing charges against men for failure to remove their hats for the national anthem …

Forum List

Back