LDS Church urges its members to protect democracy and not a straight ticket

John Edgar Slow Horses

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2023
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, has issued a letter of guidance to is members and was read over every pulpit of every branch and ward in the United States.

It counsels it members to vote only for candidates of integrity and implied good will for their fellow citizens, and it urges to protect American democracy.

Hurrah for such a religious leadership.

1686852929320.png

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, has issued a letter of guidance to is members and was read over every pulpit of every branch and ward in the United States.

It counsels it members to vote only for candidates of integrity and implied good will for their fellow citizens, and it urges to protect American democracy.

View attachment 795470
Seems like a clear anti trump message. Did they get this from the talking rocks that form most of their beliefs ?

View attachment 795470
Vote for candidates with integrity?

So elect people not running for office?

That's it! That is the answer! Elect people and then force them to serve.

Brilliant!

Seems like a clear anti trump message. Did they get this from the talking rocks that form most of their beliefs ?
I have no idea. By 'talking rocks', I think you mean seer stones. I would doubt it. And most of their beliefs came from (supposedly) ancient records delivered by angelic beings or conveyed by divine translation.

I have no idea. By 'talking rocks', I think you mean seer stones. I would doubt it. And most of their beliefs came from (supposedly) ancient records delivered by angelic beings or conveyed by divine translation.
I undersatnd that the talking rocks told the original guy what to write on the gold plates. Vital work.

View attachment 795470
LOL. Then who in the hell is there left to vote for?

It is a good idea. So are literacy and civics tests. The rationale for stopping them ended by 1980. Voter ID is as well, except when Democrats get to handle the offices issuing them and count the ballots.

I undersatnd that the talking rocks told the original guy what to write on the gold plates. Vital work.
Ah, I get you now. The 'rock in a hat' is the story now; it was different thirty years ago, so who really knows.

Latter-day Saints in the Mormon Corridor from Southern Canada through Idaho and Montana through the Great Basin to Northen Mexico are an amazing and interesting people. I think they are as 'goofy' in their theology as much as evangelicals but much, much more fun.

Forum List

Back