large tent city in nj homeless (hope change)

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
Here is one of many tent cities Here in New Jersey that came about over the past year, people of all races and all ages come to live to together in these tent cities thats lost their jobs and their homes, waiting for Hope and Change.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CcigT3BWvY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

This is are hope and change redistribute of the wealth. To young to retire unemployment runs out, no jobs out their, bank takes the house, shelters are full.
Did hope and change come to your State yet, if not get ready its coming.
Oh well its nice to know we bailed out the banks and interest rates are at all time lows but their just not giving loans but at least we know their getting them nice million dollar bonuses and enjoying their wealth. So we the people are just moving into these nice tent cities who should we thank Bush or Obama.
After all if we did not bail out the banks all them poor bankers would be out of work and they would have had to move into the tent cities that would not be right, this is better they can buy properties for pennies on the dollar now. I was talking to a guy out of work could not pay his property taxes his house was almost paid off but they took it off his hands I was told.
Change hope, redistribute the wealth well their doing it.

This is are hope and change redistribute of the wealth. To young to retire unemployment runs out, no jobs out their, bank takes the house, shelters are full.
Oh well its nice to know we bailed out the banks and interest rates are at all time lows but their just not giving loans but at least we know their getting them nice million dollar bonuses and enjoying their wealth. So we the people are just moving into these nice tent cities who should we thank Bush or Obama.
After all if we did not bail out the banks all them poor bankers would be out of work and they would have had to move into the tent cities that would not be right, this is better they can buy properties for pennies on the dollar now. I was talking to a guy out of work could not pay his property taxes his house was almost paid off but they took it off his hands I was told.

Actually, we bailed out the banking system to ensure that the whole damned country didn't go down in flames. Which it would have if the banks had gone down in flames - it was never about saving the bankers - it was about saving Americans bank accounts.

Having said that, what is happening in the country is horrifying.... but, generally, there is blame enough for everyone. The banks, the politicians and each and every American who lived beyond their means and borrowed money they could not afford to repay.

You do realize the events that were set in motion to cause these people to be homeless, were set in motion before Obama became president?

You do realize the events that were set in motion to cause these people to be homeless, were set in motion before Obama became president?

It most certainly was.... interesting though that when Bush tried to get congress to actually do something BEFORE the shit hit the fan, no one listened. It's all well and good to blame one party or one person but the facts do not stand up for that opinion. Fact is, that there is blame enough for all our politicians - going back decades - and more than enough for the bankers themselves - and plenty left for the rest of us for living beyond our means.

It most certainly was.... interesting though that when Bush tried to get congress to actually do something BEFORE the shit hit the fan, no one listened. It's all well and good to blame one party or one person but the facts do not stand up for that opinion. Fact is, that there is blame enough for all our politicians - going back decades - and more than enough for the bankers themselves - and plenty left for the rest of us for living beyond our means.

what do you think Bush wanted to do to stop things?

Here is one of many tent cities Here in New Jersey that came about over the past year, people of all races and all ages come to live to together in these tent cities thats lost their jobs and their homes, waiting for Hope and Change.

and imagine how much worse it would have been if the same poor decision-makers of the prior admin were still in place.

what do you think Bush wanted to do to stop things?

Did he or did he not try to regulate Freddie and Fannie back in 2003?

Did he or did he not speak on numerous occasions on the potential for economic problems - on the advice of many well respected economists - from 2003 onwards?

Blaming Bush - or any other individual is just fucking ridiculous.

and imagine how much worse it would have been if the same poor decision-makers of the prior admin were still in place.

Imagine how much better it could have been if the democrats in congress had worked with the previous administration to halt the madness happening in Freddie and Fanny.

Jillian, I am disappointed by your partisanship on this. You're not one of the koolaiders... you know damned well that Bush tried to regulate Freddie and Fanny. You know he tried to warn congress back on various occasions that we needed to take action about the banking system.

Who blocked it? The fucking democrats. That is who. Live with it. Even given that fact, I still don't seek to blame the democrats. Why is that? Because the republicans were no better.... nor were the banks... and no one held a gun to any individual's head and forced them to borrow more than they could afford.

Could we not, just once, be honest with each other and ourselves and say this 'perfect storm' is owned by all of us.

Stories like this are heartbreaking, but I am a pragmatist, not an idealogue. Its easy to blame the banks and the govt, but I would bet a dime to a dollar that many of those folks were living beyond their means for years. I have lived in NJ most of my life and have witnessed colleagues, friends and family living paycheck to paycheck, all the while enjoying every brand new toy that comes out.Long before the recession, I was baffled how families making six figures could afford nine figure second homes or how people making 50K could afford a new car every two years. No one saves for a rainy day anymore. Hopefully young people will learn from this. Although I'm doubtful.

You are aware the Democrats are to blame for the Housing Bust?

No, they were equally responsible... along with the republicans.... but, in congress, certainly some individuals carry more responsiblity than most and they are all democrats. But I think it's important that we - as a people - don't use this as a partisan stick. Facts are what they are. Bush tried to regulate Freddie and Fannie and congress blocked him.

Equally as important, every single person who borrowed more than they could afford, is also responsible. That's a fact too. Whether people acknowledge it or not. It is time we stopped whining and accepted that we sat back and did nothing despite the warnings.

No, they were equally responsible... along with the republicans.... but, in congress, certainly some individuals carry more responsiblity than most and they are all democrats. But I think it's important that we - as a people - don't use this as a partisan stick. Facts are what they are. Bush tried to regulate Freddie and Fannie and congress blocked him.

Equally as important, every single person who borrowed more than they could afford, is also responsible. That's a fact too. Whether people acknowledge it or not. It is time we stopped whining and accepted that we sat back and did nothing despite the warnings.

Jillian will never drop her Obama bot act. The democrats are blameless to her and most of the democratic party posters on this board. Just read all the threads where they claim the republicans did nothing.

She IS a kool aid drinker when it comes to this President. He can do no wrong, EVER. And his party can do no wrong. She lies and misrepresents for him daily on this board.

Trying to have a reasonable conversation with her about politics went out the window when Obama became the Nominee. Go back 2 years and you may find posts by her that were reasoned and reasonable, but not today.

Jillian will never drop her Obama bot act. The democrats are blameless to her and most of the democratic party posters on this board. Just read all the threads where they claim the republicans did nothing.

She IS a kool aid drinker when it comes to this President. He can do no wrong, EVER. And his party can do no wrong. She lies and misrepresents for him daily on this board.

Trying to have a reasonable conversation with her about politics went out the window when Obama became the Nominee. Go back 2 years and you may find posts by her that were reasoned and reasonable, but not today.

On this issue, I find myself having to defend Bush (who I didn't rate as POTUS at the time and still don't - although I think history will find that he was a reasonable President but not a good one). Bush absolutely did listen to what the economists etc were saying and tried to minimize the impact of a downturn. Congress - both sides - put special interests and partisanship above the good of the country. That, to me, is unforgiveable. That anyone is dumb enough not to recognize that is, frankly, beyond my comprehension.

The events set in motion to cause these people to be homeless were caused by these people, right? Don't buy what you can't afford.

The events set in motion to cause these people to be homeless were caused by these people, right? Don't buy what you can't afford.

No know you are seeing people that owned their homes for 10 years or more and did not buy their homes in the boom.
You are seeing people that lost their jobs and their unemployment ran out and now are losing their homes because banks are not giving loans.
tons of people had lost their jobs and are now working in k-mart or walmart just to live and their losing their homes, these are not people that bought in the boom

I think it is just horrible that the Bush recession drove all these people from their homes.

Thankfully, President Obama has reversed the recession and we should have these people working within the year

I think it is just horrible that the Bush recession drove all these people from their homes.

Thankfully, President Obama has reversed the recession and we should have these people working within the year

I think you are a pathetic individual to use the suffering of your fellow Americans to lie about the previous Administration and score partisan points.

rightwhiner, you are either stupid or a liar. Which is it?

Actually, we bailed out the banking system to ensure that the whole damned country didn't go down in flames. Which it would have if the banks had gone down in flames - it was never about saving the bankers - it was about saving Americans bank accounts.

Having said that, what is happening in the country is horrifying.... but, generally, there is blame enough for everyone. The banks, the politicians and each and every American who lived beyond their means and borrowed money they could not afford to repay.

Yet the bankers, politicians and many Americans who have and still live beyond their means are still in actual homes, still spending and still sucking the country dry looking yet still for new avenues on how to strip the working man of his hard earned cash.

Forum List

Back