KY rep Dan Johnson commits suicide

But have you noticed the demrats never commit suicide?

I wonder why.:dunno:

Sad all the same.
Are you trying to frame suicide as noble?
No, what he's saying is "democrats applaud depravity as a religion. Struggling against depravity isn't worth it...join us...JOIN US...." :dev2:
Democrats "applaud depravity as a religion"? That's what your narrow, little, ossified brain read into that? How did you stumble into such a conclusion? Some alt-right wing 'pundit' tell you that?

But have you noticed the demrats never commit suicide?

I wonder why.:dunno:

Sad all the same.
Are you trying to frame suicide as noble?

No, I'm not.

I guess it's a matter of conscience ....of feeling guilty .....

Demrats never feel guilty.:(
Not being suicidal does not mean not feeling guilty. This ain't ancient Japan, ya know. Dishonor does not require sepiku.

Sad to hear. Whether or not he was guilty of sexual misconduct is irrelevant now, but it sounds as if he had some serious mental issues. People of sound mind don't commit suicide over unproven accusations. Blaming a "witch hunt" for him killing himself is just ridiculous.

"A Kentucky lawmaker who was accused of sexually assaulting a former member of his church reportedly killed himself on Wednesday,.

State Rep. Dan Johnson, who gained infamy when he compared Barack Obama and his wife to monkeys, shot himself on a bridge in Mt. Washington, according to Kentucky’s WDBR.com.

Maranda Richmond, a friend of Johnson’s daughter, claimed he assaulted her in the basement of his house on Jan. 1, 2013, according to the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting.

Johnson appeared to post a note on his Facebook page preceding the suicide."

DQ-BKhyVQAANNQ8.jpg

NPR articles about a woman's public accusations are not accusations made by NPR or by liberals or by Democrats or by every woman on the planet...

glad we cleared that up!

"A Kentucky lawmaker who was accused of sexually assaulting a former member of his church reportedly killed himself on Wednesday,.

State Rep. Dan Johnson, who gained infamy when he compared Barack Obama and his wife to monkeys, shot himself on a bridge in Mt. Washington, according to Kentucky’s WDBR.com.

Maranda Richmond, a friend of Johnson’s daughter, claimed he assaulted her in the basement of his house on Jan. 1, 2013, according to the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting.

Johnson appeared to post a note on his Facebook page preceding the suicide."
I hope the fucker died slowly and painfully.

Yeah, the young man refused to testify. The charges were dropped on both of them.
If the investigative reporting on him, that has been published almost daily is real journalism, sounds like he’s had some problems with reality and fantasyhood for awhile. The last piece I saw was dated yesterday.
Well I'd like to see some investigative reporting on Terry Bean who was reportedly sodomizing underaged boys right and left. But he was a champion of the LGBT movement so you won't hear a peep about it. Still did no jail time as far as I know and is probably still up to his old tricks.

I suppose the investigative reporting was funded by the media...controlled by...well...you know who. If you look into anyone's life long enough you're going to find soundbites to exploit. It just makes you wonder.

Johnson blamed the current political climate for the accusations against him, and said he’s not a perfect person. But in his case, he said, “NPR is casting the first stone,” and held up a rock with NPR written on it.

The Pope’s Long Con” was published Monday by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting, which is part of 89.3 WFPL News. WFPL is an NPR member station.

The investigation included an accusation from 21-year-old Maranda Richmond that Johnson sexually assaulted her in the basement of his Fern Creek church in 2013. She was 17 at the time. The Louisville Metro Police Department opened an inquiry, but detectives later closed the case, citing a lack of interest or assistance from the teen. She told KyCIR she never wanted the case abandoned and that detectives reopened the case months ago, following KyCIR’s inquiries.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer on Monday called for a review into the LMPD’s handling of the case.

Hours after Johnson’s press conference, Louisville officials confirmed that there was an open, active sexual assault investigation into Johnson. (Read “Police Confirm Sexual Assault Investigation Of Rep. Dan Johnson“)

“The Pope’s Long Con” also detailed how the Bullitt County lawmaker exaggerated or lied about his resume, including heroics on 9/11 and his supposed service as a White House chaplain. Further, Johnson was indicted in the attempted arson of his car and was a suspect in the arson of his church, the report noted.

Rep. Dan Johnson Refuses To Resign, Denies Molestation Allegation

The Pope's Long Con

On a Saturday afternoon at the fellowship hall, the stereo blares Southern rock anthems for a flock of Harley riders in leather vests.

Banners on the wall honor veterans, and flags commemorate the Confederacy. A disco ball hovers over a clawfoot tub full of canned beers — two bucks buys you a token and a token gets you a drink from Charlie the bartender.

In one corner of the room, the "Pope" strides across a stage, his voice full of fervor as he auctions off items to the highest bidder. A motorcyclist died recently in a crash and there is money to be raised for the man’s family.

At the fellowship hall, called "Pope’s House," next to the Heart of Fire Church in southeast Louisville, the motto is “when you are here, you are family.”

And today, Danny Ray Johnson, 57, the self-proclaimed pope, bishop and minister to outcasts, really wants you to bid on this gift card to a local tattoo shop.

“I need somebody right now that’ll give me $50 on a $150 tattoo,” he says. “Who will give me $50?”

The Pope, as everyone knows him, commands this side of the room, his voice tinged with the Louisiana drawl of his youth. His biceps are decorated in ink, his sideburns white, his golden pompadour thinning.

Long ago, Johnson fashioned an identity as a modern-day American patriot. Pro-gun, pro-God, pro-life. He talked in 2013 about making America great again. He lamented the lack of God in everyone’s lives. He wept over the country’s future.

But behind this persona — cultivated, built up and fine-tuned over decades — is a web of lies and deception. A mysterious fire. Attempted arson and false testimony. Alleged molestation in his church.

In Johnson's wake lies a trail of police records and court files, shattered lives and a flagrant disregard for truth.

Forum List

Back