Komen Charity Ends Grants To Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood will come out way ahead on this as various groups shift their financial support from Komen to PP.

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has them....

There is no data that supports your prediction....

Planned Parenthood raises funds to replace Komen grants - NorthJersey.com

whoops you wrong.....again

How was I wrong? At the time of the post, there was no data to support that position...

whoops you fucking stupid.....again

Woot! Good work Komen!

And, jus to clarify, this whole campaign to change Komen's mind, has been mostly internet grass-roots. The politicians just decided to latch on at the end in order to score some points.

Politicians suck, on both sides of the aisle.

Planned Parenthood received over $400 million in donations within 24 hours after Komen made their announcement. That's money Komen didn't receive.

link please?

according to Plasma's link in post #259, Kiwi is off slightly. By slightly, I mean he's off by 399,600,000.

Damn that new math.

Because of the ass kicking they have taken on this, Komen has quickly backed down and said they didn't mean it

Planned Parrenthood got massive contributions and Komen took a pounding.

Can someone explain to me what Planned Parenthood does to help search for a cure to breast cancer?

Honest question. I don't get why they get grants from Komen to begin with.

To be clear, I don't have an opinion on this cause I don't understand it.

Because of the ass kicking they have taken on this, Komen has quickly backed down and said they didn't mean it

donations up over 100% is a pounding?

Ah, they new that was only a temporary thing.

Fact is, women's rights groups are continuously organizing and advertising for Komen events.

Sure, they may have had some real good 1-day donations, but they know what side their bread is buttered on.

Hell, I'm even going to run in their next event.

donations up over 100% is a pounding?

Ah, they new that was only a temporary thing.

Fact is, women's rights groups are continuously organizing and advertising for Komen events.

Sure, they may have had some real good 1-day donations, but they know what side their bread is buttered on.

Hell, I'm even going to run in their next event.

any fluctuation up or down in charitable donations is a fluid thing.

good luck on the run. how does that work? You get x amount in donations for the cause by completing, or is it a per mile thing?

Can someone explain to me what Planned Parenthood does to help search for a cure to breast cancer?

Honest question. I don't get why they get grants from Komen to begin with.

To be clear, I don't have an opinion on this cause I don't understand it.

They give breast exams to women that can't afford to go to a gynecologist.

They give the same exams that the gynecologist would, and, if a mammogram is called for, they send them to get one at a facility that's equipped for it.

They also do the same thing for testicular cancer, by the way.

Planned Parenthood deals with all things that are reproductive in nature.

STD treatment, sexual education, prenatal care, etc, etc.

any fluctuation up or down in charitable donations is a fluid thing.

good luck on the run. how does that work? You get x amount in donations for the cause by completing, or is it a per mile thing?

I've always donated in lump amounts before-hand, but there's always been mention of a "per mile" amount. I think it's that the person pledges a number of miles, and you give them the amount for the miles they pledge. I never really paid attention to the details.

This will be my first time actually running though (though I have been a sideline cheerleader in the past), so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

My friend made me promise to do it if Komen changed their mind. LOL.

I told her I would, if I could wear a "Save the Titties" t-shirt.

Komen just caved..........I love it.

Still hope their fucking charity goes tits up though, people can fund PP themselves, and it's been proven already.

Actually, why not cut out the middleman (Komen) altogether?

When my business was open, I always had the little Race for the Cure information on my counter. I wouldn't do it today. I'd tell them why too. If YOU personally object to Komen funding Planned Parehthood stop donating money to them. It's quite simple. You don't run in their races, you don't donate money or time. And it is essential that you tell them why.

Komen caved because they know there's a link between cancer and abortions, and they know they will be a lot more embarassed in the long run if they continue to support a procedure that increases the risk of breast cancer than they are by pulling funding.

They caved because liberal city politicans started pulling the permits for their races. That's why. It is the duty of every conservative to put Komen OUT of business. Then one by one attack every other charity that's a front for liberal causes.

They caved because liberal city politicans started pulling the permits for their races. That's why. It is the duty of every conservative to put Komen OUT of business. Then one by one attack every other charity that's a front for liberal causes.

Wow, I was upset with Komen for buckling under political pressure and dropping the funding...

But I never called them some kind of scam operation with a political agenda, or anything.

That's a bit over the top, I'd say. Actually, no, that's a LOT over the top.

Komen just caved..........I love it.

Still hope their fucking charity goes tits up though, people can fund PP themselves, and it's been proven already.

Actually, why not cut out the middleman (Komen) altogether?

Scary post.

They are organized and pull in MAJOR funding. And you just want to cut it off for political laughs?

Forum List

Back