Komen Charity Ends Grants To Planned Parenthood

Another victory in the Republican's war on women and the working poor.

The Komen foundation will most likely give that money to another less controversial entity than planned parenthood to continue its work fighting breast cancer.

So go take a pill and jerk off to your 8x10 glossy of Obama

If the government can compel religious organizations to pay for abortions, why not force charitable organizations to do the same thing?

Donations for both organizations are way up. People who did not donate to Komen because donations went to pay for abortions are opening up and donating in record numbers. People who support abortions are making up the shortfall to PP by donating more than ever before.

Freedom is either a beautiful thing or an ugly thing, depending on whether it's a democrat or not.

per Yahoo
Breaking News:
Susan G. Koman charity reverses decision to end grants to Planned Parenthood

ahahahahah

the republicans are losing the debate in this country.

say good bye to power righties

I'm just going to nod my head, and slowly step away from the crazy person. :cuckoo:

You mean you are going to tuck your tail and run before you embarrass yourself any further.

Yeah...

So, let me see if I have this straight.

You go around making accusations that people are "killing innocent children", and in essence make the claim that liberals are committing a form of Genocide.

Then, when someone calls you on it, you defend your actions with some semantic argument about how you didn't actually use the word, "murder".

Then, you claim that zygotes are human beings, offer no evidence, besides your opinion, to contradict my links to studies that say the opposite.

You repost small pieces of people's posts so you can use arguments that ignore the omitted portions. And then claim you did nothing wrong.

And then you call everyone "stupid", "drunk" and "crazy" that doesn't agree with you.

So, why am I talking to you again?

My orginal assessment was correct, you are an asshole.

The reason I now choose to end my converation with you is not because you've "won" anything, it's because I simply see no point in carrying on a conversation with an insane jackass like yourself.

Perhaps there's some masochistic types out there that will bang their head against the wall all day trying to get through to you, but I am not one of them.

Komen foundation reverses decision to end Planned Parenthood grants

Susan G. Komen for the Cure announced Friday it was reversing its decision to end grants to Planned Parenthood, after facing mounting pressure from pro-choice lawmakers and accusations that the breast cancer awareness organization had bowed to political influences

So, to prove they were not bowing to political influences, they bowed to political influences.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure announced Friday it was reversing its decision to end grants to Planned Parenthood, after facing mounting pressure from pro-choice lawmakers and accusations that the breast cancer awareness organization had bowed to political influences

So, to prove they were not bowing to political influences, they bowed to political influences.

Woot! Good work Komen!

And, jus to clarify, this whole campaign to change Komen's mind, has been mostly internet grass-roots. The politicians just decided to latch on at the end in order to score some points.

Politicians suck, on both sides of the aisle.

"Murder" is a legal term with specific meanings dependent upon laws and circumstances. It is most certainly the forcible taking of life from an innocent human being. What would you call that?

So....even tho you danced around it a tad, you believe Abortion is Murder.

Did you read my comments, or did you prepare your own post beforehand?

Well, I am trying to get a very clear picture of what you believe about this issue and apparently it is wise that I do. You are already showing a tendency towards squirminess and dishonesty by purposely leaving the last sentence of my post you quoted out.

So...let's lay your cards on the table, shall we?

1. Do you believe Abortion to be Murder? Yes or No

2. Do you believe Abortion should be illegal? Yes or No

Be upfront about it.

Are you completely unfamiliar with the Declaration of Independence?

I am totally familiar with the Dec of Ind. In fact, I have a copy of it and the Constitution and other important Government documents right here.

That being said.....you have not shown any direct or implied protection of the unborn in the Dec of Ind at all.

I'm glad I didn't rush off to donate to Komen.

You bring up an interesting point.

If there was this tremendous groundswell of support for the anti-abortion crowd in this country, you'd think the money would now be flowing into Komen because they dropped Planned Parenthood. However, that is not what we saw at all, is it?

Woot! Good work Komen!

And, jus to clarify, this whole campaign to change Komen's mind, has been mostly internet grass-roots. The politicians just decided to latch on at the end in order to score some points.

Planned Parenthood received over $400 million in donations within 24 hours after Komen made their announcement. That's money Komen didn't receive.

After three days of controversy, the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast-cancer charity says it is reversing its decision to cut breast-screening grants to Planned Parenthood.

"We want to apologize to the American public for recent decisions that cast doubt upon our commitment to our mission of saving women's lives," a Komen statement said.

Komen drops plan to cut Planned Parenthood grants - Yahoo! News

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................

They reversed their decision. I wonder if they'll refund all the money they got in the last couple days from anti-abortion nuts?

Woot! Good work Komen!

Planned Parenthood received over $400 million in donations within 24 hours after Komen made their announcement. That's money Komen didn't receive.

link please?

I'm glad I didn't rush off to donate to Komen.

You bring up an interesting point.

If there was this tremendous groundswell of support for the anti-abortion crowd in this country, you'd think the money would now be flowing into Komen because they dropped Planned Parenthood. However, that is not what we saw at all, is it?

It was. Donations to Komen simply SOARED. So did direct donations to Planned Parenthood. Everyone was winning. Except that libs found it objectionable that individuals were allowed to donate to a charity that did not support abortions.

Komen donations up 100% in the past two days; Update: Komen to continue funding some Planned Parenthood chapters? « Hot Air

This is what's called freedom and liberals don't like it one bit. Komen should be MADE to continue to donate to promote abortions.

The real reason Komen decided to withhold funding that nothing whatever to do with abortions. The real reason was that PP was lying to get the money. After getting the funds by such false pretenses, they spent it on abortions instead of breast cancer screenings.

So why did Planned Parenthood lose funding? Brinker says it has to do with the fact that they do not provide mammograms to women, but only provide mammogram referrals. “It was nothing they were doing wrong,” she explained. “We have decided not to fund, whereever possible, pass-through grants. We were giving them money, they were sending women out for mammograms. What we would like to have are clinics where we can directly fund mammograms.”

It is even a lie that Komen rescinded the withholding of funds! That's not true either. The ban remains in full force except for THREE PP chapters who were determined to really provide breast cancer preventive services.

Komen had initially funded 19 Planned Parenthood affiliates and, in the wake of new funding policies, will only continue funding three of those chapters. The three that will continue to receive funds are in Northern Colorado, Southern California and Waco, Tex., because “they are the only provider” of breast health services in the areas they serve, Brinker said.

Forum List

Back