Komen Charity Ends Grants To Planned Parenthood

That makes no sense at all. An unfertilized egg will never develop into a human being in the normal course of events. And, of course, women do not ovulate every single month of their lives. Did you even finish high school? You pretend to rely on 'science' to inform your position and then display this level of ignorance and illogic? Maybe you are just too stupid to discuss this issue.

Sure it can, it just needs to become a fertilized egg. Just like a Zygote needs to go through the entire process of pregnancy to become a human being.

It is remarkable just how hostile to logic you are. I said "An unfertilized egg will never develop into a human being in the normal course of events," so you replied by mentioning a fertilized egg and the normal course of events. Are you even aware that you just agreed entirely with my statement?

One sided data, lol...

The studies do not originate from the pro-life movement.

It's called "Cherry-Picking".

Did you not read the link to the American Cancer Society?

Here, let me link it again:

Is Abortion Linked to Breast Cancer?

The likelihood that women who have breast cancer will give a more complete account of their abortions than women who do not have breast cancer is an example of recall bias. Recall bias like this can sometimes cause studies to find links that may not exist...

...What do the experts say?
In February 2003, the US National Cancer Institute (NCI) held a workshop of more than 100 of the world’s leading experts who study pregnancy and breast cancer risk. The experts reviewed human and animal studies that looked at the link between pregnancy and breast cancer risk, including studies of induced and spontaneous abortions. Some of their findings were:

Breast cancer risk is increased for a short time after a full-term pregnancy (that is, a pregnancy that results in the birth of a living child).
Induced abortion is not linked to an increase in breast cancer risk.
Spontaneous abortion is not linked to an increase in breast cancer risk.
The level of scientific evidence for these findings was considered to be “well established” (the highest level).

Do you feel that the ACS has some sort of pro-abortion agenda, while Right-to-Life websites are somehow neutral?

Last edited:
Could you show me where I did that on this thread? I thought I was pretty clear on that.

You seem to be getting more and more stupid as this thread goes along...

LOL. Shut. Up.

Now you're attempting to deny what you did with semantics?

Nice try.

I'm asking you to show me where I said what you claimed I said on this thread. This is the second time that you have ascribed comments to me that I did not make and made claims that you cannot support. Are you being dishonest on purpose, or is it just a consequence of your deep, deep stupidity?

If you had actually looked at the link (which you didn't) you would have seen references conveniently provided at the bottom. You can take up your denial there.

I saw your references.

There have been many, many studies on the subject.

The cancer research community has decided that the studies you produced were biased by unforeseen factors, and therefore inconclusive. As my link to the ACS clearly states.

...you should not have a low opinion of Komen™ because of their announcement on Wednesday. You should have a low opinion of them because they're a fake charity run like any other company with a product to sell. In this case the product is a combination of guilt, pity, and hope dissolved in a weak acid and dyed a nauseating pink.

Wednesday's decision has been described as motivated by pressure from pro-life groups, but in reality Komen™ is (and always has been) run by right wingers and closely aligned with conservative politics. The organization's current president, Karen Handel, ran for governor of Georgia in 2010 and lost in the Republican primary. Sarah Palin endorsed her. During her campaign she promised repeatedly to defund Planned Parenthood. She took over Komen™ a few months ago. You do the math.

ginandtacos.com RACE FOR THE CURE TO BEING RELEVANT

It is remarkable just how hostile to logic you are. I said "An unfertilized egg will never develop into a human being in the normal course of events," so you replied by mentioning a fertilized egg and the normal course of events. Are you even aware that you just agreed entirely with my statement?

When I'm presented with logic, we can see if I'm hostile to it or not.

Given the fact that in your case, the opportunity has not yet presented itself, I'll have to take your word for it.

"In the normal course of events", without the mother's entire body, a first trimester fetus would also never develop into a human being.

So you make your differentiation based on a single sperm?

So, OK, let's humor you for a minute:

Even in your bizarro world, it would then be murder to use contraception...

...Because in the normal course of events, that egg and sperm cell would have combined to form a human being, and therefore, you just committed murder.

If you had actually looked at the link (which you didn't) you would have seen references conveniently provided at the bottom. You can take up your denial there.

I saw your references.

There have been many, many studies on the subject. .

And you have decided which ones you want to believe based on your political prejudice? Oh yeah, that sure sounds like 'science' alright. :rolleyes:

And you have decided which ones you want to believe based on your political prejudice? Oh yeah, that sure sounds like 'science' alright. :rolleyes:

I didn't decide anything at all.

I am not a cancer researcher.

The cancer research community decided. And then posted their findings on the American Cancer Society's website.

Which I then quoted. Twice.

And then pointed out the ridiculousness of believing a couple of single studies posted on a Right-to-Life website over the American Cancer Society when it comes to the subject of abortion.

And that is the 8th time you've taken my remarks out of context. And those are just the ones I noticed.

Last edited:
"In the normal course of events", without the mother's entire body, a first trimester fetus would also never develop into a human being.

In the normal course of events the baby would not be outside the mother's body, would it? Therefore, your example would NOT be "in the normal course of events," would it?

It must be very painful for you to be this stupid.

So, OK, let's humor you for a minute:

Even in your bizarro world, it would then be murder to use contraception...

...Because in the normal course of events, that egg and sperm cell would have combined to form a human being, and therefore, you just committed murder.

I hope for your sake that you are drunk, because I'd hate to think you are this stupid all the time. If an egg has not been fertilized, then the normal course of human development has not begun any more than it has if a fertile male and female walk past each other on the street. You really are becoming more stupid as this thread goes on. I can't imagine what crazy, illogical shit you'll be posting in another few pages.

If anyone is really serious about changing the Komen Foundation's mind, forget the petitions, contact them directly:

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

1 call is worth 1,000 names on an online petition, or 10,000 FaceBook "likes".

Tell them that you will immediately cease any donations until they reverse their decision. You can always donate to all the other cancer foundations out there in the interim.

Or if you're really, really serious, show up at their office. The addresses can be found from the link.

1 personal appearance is worth 100 calls.

Can't you LEFTISTS see the "conflict of interest" here?

A breast cancer charity that wants to SAVE lives, giving money to an organization that openly promotes EXTERMINATING unborn babies?

Are you leftists THAT ignorant? Really? Over 50 MILLION unborn Americans have been exterminated since 1973. Isn't that ENOUGH?

No, Every time I masturbate I kill (have not gotten an updated count as I haven’t been to sperm bank lately.) 1000’s of possible Americans! Every month you (if a women?) pass a collection of “CELLS” called LIFE! In/on/ over a pompon or something and are not keeping up. Can you meet part way and kill a few more? BTW got three kids.

And that is the 8th time you've taken my remarks out of context. And those are just the ones I noticed.

I have taken none of your remarks out of context. Quoting the part of your comments to which I wish to respond is not what "out of context" means, moron.

If anyone is really serious about changing the Komen Foundation's mind, forget the petitions, contact them directly:

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

1 call is worth 1,000 names on an online petition, or 10,000 FaceBook "likes".

Tell them that you will immediately cease any donations until they reverse their decision. You can always donate to all the other cancer foundations out there in the interim.

Or if you're really, really serious, show up at their office. The addresses can be found from the link.

1 personal appearance is worth 100 calls.

Can't you LEFTISTS see the "conflict of interest" here?

A breast cancer charity that wants to SAVE lives, giving money to an organization that openly promotes EXTERMINATING unborn babies?

Are you leftists THAT ignorant? Really? Over 50 MILLION unborn Americans have been exterminated since 1973. Isn't that ENOUGH?

No, Every time I masturbate I kill (have not gotten an updated count as I haven’t been to sperm bank lately.) 1000’s of possible Americans! Every month you (if a women?) pass a collection of “CELLS” called LIFE! In/on/ over a pompon or something and are not keeping up. Can you meet part way and kill a few more? BTW got three kids.

This ridiculously failed argument has been debunked and dismissed on this thread already. Go back and read all the posts before repeating nonsense that has already been addressed.

From that very link:

An additional medical organization, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, issued a statement in 2003 calling on doctors to inform patients about a "highly plausible" relationship between abortion and breast cancer.

From the Wiki:

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative American non-profit organization founded in 1943 to "fight socialized medicine and to fight the government takeover of medicine."

Association of American Physicians and Surgeons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, definitely no agenda there.

I don't know what's worse, how completely illogical that statement was or the fact that you are incapable of realizing it.

So, excuses and avoidances aside, are you, or are you not a religious person?

If not, upon what evidence do you make the claim that a zygote is a sentient being?

And if so, is your religion the basis of your argument, or not? If not, then what possible rationale are you basing your assertion that all abortions are "murder"?

Certainly, you're not making an assertion about late-term abortions, as that is not even in the realm of this conversation.

And, if the answers to these questions are: "Yes, I am religious." and "Yes, I am basing my argument upon religious principles." Then shut the hell up and stop wasting my time.
fetus is no more a human than a catapiller is a moth , a egg is a chicken or a bunch of wires ,metal ,plastic ,and rubber is a car .

This ridiculously failed argument has been debunked and dismissed on this thread already. Go back and read all the posts before repeating nonsense that has already been addressed.

No, see, the term "addressed and dismissed" assumes that both players in the argument have in fact dismissed the matter at hand.

When in fact, only YOU have dismissed the matter at hand, by defining life with completely arbitrary goalposts that YOU created.

Just because in your little bubble world, your opinion in the only one that matters, and contradictory opinions are "dismissed", doesn't mean that that translates to the actual world.

But given the fact that the conversation has completely disintegrated into you calling everyone around you stupid (or drunk) because they don't agree with you, I'm going to exit stage left, because there really is no arguing with that line of reasoning.

I'm just going to nod my head, and slowly step away from the crazy person. :cuckoo:

I have taken none of your remarks out of context. Quoting the part of your comments to which I wish to respond is not what "out of context" means, moron.

(OK, I just have to say one more thing, then I'm out)

Actually, you fucking jackass, that is EXACTLY what "out of context" means.

In our case, you are picking out sentences, and replying to them, as if the supporting phrases that either precede or follow them don't exist.

There. Now goodnight.

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse, how completely illogical that statement was or the fact that you are incapable of realizing it.

So, excuses and avoidances aside, are you, or are you not a religious person?

If not, upon what evidence do you make the claim that a zygote is a sentient being?

And if so, is your religion the basis of your argument, or not? If not, then what possible rationale are you basing your assertion that all abortions are "murder"?

Certainly, you're not making an assertion about late-term abortions, as that is not even in the realm of this conversation.

And, if the answers to these questions are: "Yes, I am religious." and "Yes, I am basing my argument upon religious principles." Then shut the hell up and stop wasting my time.
fetus is no more a human than a catapiller is a moth , a egg is a chicken or a bunch of wires ,metal ,plastic ,and rubber is a car .

When you can understand why your third example doesn't fit with the first two, you'll be a little less stupid.

Forum List

Back