Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

The marginal tax rate was 25% in 1929.

4343827116_805f053e29_o.jpg

So comrade, you wish to return us to the prosperity of 1932?

Well, your little tin god is doing a bang up job at that! :thup:

No it isn't.
Rich people, whether you hate them or not, greedy or not, bring everyone's standard of living up.

Citizens United had nothing to do with "rich people."

It was about the movie "Hillary." The leftists used McCain-Feingold to block the release of the film. This, despite the hatchet job on Bush via "Fahrenheit 9/11" that had been released 4 years earlier. The SCOTUS ruled correctly, that political speech cannot be silenced - which is what we have a 1st amendment for. The democrats demand that only speech approved by the party may be had, the court disagreed.

Citizens United was the first step in regaining civil rights in this nation. IF the democrats can outlaw criticism on democrats, then the idea of a free society is done. Now, ending the last vestige of liberty is the primary goal of the democrats, but CU was a great step in thwarting the democrats war on basic liberty.

Citizens United was the first step in returning America to the Gilded Age where the common man was crushed by the robber barons.

But THAT is exactly what conservatism is all about, creating an aristocracy.

No it isn't.
Rich people, whether you hate them or not, greedy or not, bring everyone's standard of living up.

:lol:

Citizens United was the first step in returning America to the Gilded Age where the common man was crushed by the robber barons.

But THAT is exactly what conservatism is all about, creating an aristocracy.

No it isn't.

Yeah, I saw a homeless man, so naturally I asked him for a job. I said "I'm a democrat, so I'm stupid as a pile of dogshit! Can you give me a job with a 6 figure salary? My party says rich people are not the source of jobs, so I'm turning to a poor person."

No it isn't.

Citizens United had nothing to do with "rich people."

It was about the movie "Hillary." The leftists used McCain-Feingold to block the release of the film. This, despite the hatchet job on Bush via "Fahrenheit 9/11" that had been released 4 years earlier. The SCOTUS ruled correctly, that political speech cannot be silenced - which is what we have a 1st amendment for. The democrats demand that only speech approved by the party may be had, the court disagreed.

I wasn't talking about Citizens United, but I agree with what you say.

Last edited:
You know Bill Gates is the richest man in America.

If it wasn't for the Koch Industries that develop polypropylene and polyethylene that produces the plastics made in Computer's , Bill Gates would have never been able to amass his wealth.
Each wealth builds upon the other to create good jobs for everyone.

No it isn't.

Yeah, I saw a homeless man, so naturally I asked him for a job. I said "I'm a democrat, so I'm stupid as a pile of dogshit! Can you give me a job with a 6 figure salary? My party says rich people are not the source of jobs, so I'm turning to a poor person."

Wait, you think rich people create jobs????

hahahahahahaha!

I'd say you're dumber than I thought, but I figured you were this dumb already, so you're just meeting expectations at this point.

From 1800 to the 1920s, inequality increased more than a hundredfold. Then came the reversal: from the 1920s to 1980, it shrank back to levels not seen since the mid-19th century.

What utter horseshit. The government didn't even gather statistic on income or wealth before the 16th amendment was passed, so how would anyone know? Just about everything you believe about history is made up.

The "reversal" came at the end of the 1920s when tax rates went up to 90%. The result was a depression that lasted for 15 years.

Yeah, that income inequality is a terrible thing.

BTW, numskull, when a society becomes industrialized, people acquire vast fortunes. You can't have one without the other. You see, the rich people are the ones who own the factories that employ everyone and churn out all those products that millions of people can now afford to buy. Most of a wealthy person's money is tied up in investments - meaning it's tied up in factories and machinery that provides the middle class with jobs.

nice way to present half the picture there spin doctor. did you forget Bush senior did away with the reagan tax cuts. clinton brought them back. in fact clinton cut taxes more than GWB. why aren't you blaming him?

hahahahahahaha!

I'd say you're dumber than I thought, but I figured you were this dumb already, so you're just meeting expectations at this point.

no people on entitlements do. :cuckoo:

And you think poor people do - which is part of the reason that you are unemployable...

hahahahahahaha!

Dude, my statement that you're dumb as a pile of dog shit, is an insult to the dog shit.

Do you HONESTLY think that jobs are created by poor people? Who do you think pays the taxes that your SSI welfare comes from? Poor people? Do YOU pay any taxes, or do you "get back" more than you put in, every year?

Notice that your chart doesn't go below 1916, the year the 16th Amendment passed. Yet, you made claims about the period 1800 to 1920. Obviously, you're full of shit.

Also, your chart claims the economy boomed in the 1950s with a top marginal rate of 90%, but it doesn't mention the 1930s when the top marginal rate was 85% and unemployment was as high as 33%.

You theory doesn't hold water, numbnuts.

All your chart shows is that when tax rates are higher, people report less income. Furthermore, it's a chart of income, not wealth. Learn the difference.

FDR and the New Deal were a HUGE success.

Top Five Years for GDP Expansion:

1942, +18.5%
1941, +17.1%
1943, +16.4%
1936, +13.0%
1934, +10.9%

Top Five Years for GDP Contraction:

1932, -13.1%
1946, -10.9%
1930, -8.6%
1931, -6.5%
2009, -3.5%

The greatest yearly increase in GDP occurred during the New Deal, AND, the LARGEST DROP IN UNEPLOYMENT in America history occurred during the New Deal...

Census document HS-29 (available in PDF). Quoting directly from Census data, here are the unemployment rates and total number of official unemployed at the beginning and end of the presidential terms since the Great Depression:

ROOSEVELT PRE-WWII NEW DEAL
1932 Unemployment Rate: 23.6% (12.8 million total unemployed)
1940 Unemployment Rate: 14.6% (8.1 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: -9.0
Total unemployment percentage change: -36.7%

ROOSEVELT WWII
1941 Unemployment Rate: 9.9% (5.5 million total unemployed)
1944 Unemployment Rate: 1.2% (670,000 total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: -8.7
Total unemployment percentage change: -87.9%

TRUMAN
1945 Unemployment Rate: 1.9% (1.0 million total unemployed)
1952 Unemployment Rate: 3.0% (1.8 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: +1.1
Total unemployment percentage change: +81.0%

EISENHOWER
1953 Unemployment Rate: 2.9% (1.8 million total unemployed)
1960 Unemployment Rate: 5.5% (3.8 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: +2.6%
Total unemployment percentage change: +110.03%

KENNEDY
1961 Unemployment Rate: 6.7% (4.7 million total unemployed)
1963 Unemployment Rate: 5.7% (4.0 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: -1.0%
Total unemployment percentage change: -13.6%

JOHNSON
1964 Unemployment Rate: 5.2% (3.7 million total unemployed)
1968 Unemployment Rate: 3.6% (2.8 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: -1.6%
Total unemployment percentage change: -25.6%

NIXON
1969 Unemployment Rate: 3.5% (2.8 million total unemployed)
1974 Unemployment Rate: 5.6% (5.1 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: +2.1%
Total unemployment percentage change: +82.0%

FORD
1975 Unemployment Rate: 8.5% (7.9 million total unemployed)
1976 Unemployment Rate: 7.7% (7.4 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: -0.8%
Total unemployment percentage change: -6.6%

CARTER
1977 Unemployment Rate: 7.1% (6.9 million total unemployed)
1980 Unemployment Rate: 7.1% (7.6 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: 0.0
Total unemployment percentage change: +9.24%

REAGAN
1981 Unemployment Rate: 7.6% (8.2 million total unemployed)
1988 Unemployment Rate: 5.5% (6.7 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: -2.1%
Total unemployment percentage change: -19.0%

BUSH I
1989 Unemployment Rate: 5.3% (6.5 million total unemployed)
1992 Unemployment Rate: 7.5% (9.6 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change: +2.2
Total unemployment percentage change: +47.2%

CLINTON
1993 Unemployment Rate: 6.9% (8.9 million total unemployed)
2000 Unemployment Rate: 4.0% (5.6 million total unemployed)
Unemployment Rate Change -2.9
Total unemployment percentage change: -36.3%

As you can see, in terms of the unemployment rate - that is, the percentage of the total workforce not working - the pre-WWII New Deal era saw the single largest drop in American history. Yes, I'll say that again for conservatives, just to make sure they get it: The PRE-WWII New Deal era from 1933-1940 - not the WWII era - saw the largest drop in the unemployment rate in American history. And by the way, that even includes the recession of 1937-1938.

Now, it is certainly true that the percentage drop of total unemployed was bigger in WWII than it was in the pre-WWII New Deal era. But as the data show, even by that metric, the pre-WWII New Deal era saw the second largest percentage drop in total unemployed in the 20th century, going from 12.8 million unemployed in Roosevelt's first year in office to 8.1 million unemployed at the end of his second term in 1940. That's a 36.7 percent drop - larger than the Clinton era (36.3%) and, yes conservatives, larger than the Reagan era (a mere 19%). At the absolute minimum, that would suggests the New Deal was a positive - not negative - economic force (and empirically more positive than, say, Reagan's free-market agenda).

These are the hard and fast numbers conservatives would like us all to forget with their claim that history proves massive spending packages like the New Deal will supposedly harm our economy.

The Forgotten Math: Pre-WWII New Deal Saw Biggest Drop In Unemployment Rate in American History

And you keep forgetting that your right wing austerity approach doesn't work. FDR found that out. FDR had his own right wing regressives to contend with, HERE is where that led.

The Recession of 1937–1938 was a temporary reversal of the pre-war 1933 to 1941 economic recovery from the Great Depression in the United States. Economists disagree about the causes of this downturn, but agree that government austerity reversed the recovery. wiki

very interesting. reagan lowered taxes on the rich, unemployment fell. Bush one incresed taxes on the rich, unemployment rose. Clinton lowered taxes on the rich, unemployment fell.

hahahahahahaha!

no people on entitlements do. :cuckoo:

That's almost as dumb as what he said. You guys are a cute match.

And you think poor people do - which is part of the reason that you are unemployable...

hahahahahahaha!

Dude, my statement that you're dumb as a pile of dog shit, is an insult to the dog shit.

Do you HONESTLY think that jobs are created by poor people? Who do you think pays the taxes that your SSI welfare comes from? Poor people? Do YOU pay any taxes, or do you "get back" more than you put in, every year?

Remind me where I said poor people create jobs?

Pretty sure that's your sweet strawman that you invented. But go ahead, and tell me what my opinion is....it's fascinating.

If rich people don't create jobs, and poor people don't create jobs, who the fuck do you think does? The Job Fairy?

Oh, I'm sure KOS tells you that all jobs are created by your god Obama - which is a stupid lie - but sploogy, IF that were true, then you would have to deal with the fact that your little tin god is rich...

Pretty sure that's your sweet strawman that you invented. But go ahead, and tell me what my opinion is....it's fascinating.

Your opinion is whatever ThinkProgress and the other hate sites tell you it is.

You lack the ability to reason.

You have never held a paying job, have you?

If rich people don't create jobs, and poor people don't create jobs, who the fuck do you think does? The Job Fairy?

Oh, I'm sure KOS tells you that all jobs are created by your god Obama - which is a stupid lie - but sploogy, IF that were true, then you would have to deal with the fact that your little tin god is rich...

Your opinion is whatever ThinkProgress and the other hate sites tell you it is.

You lack the ability to reason.

You have never held a paying job, have you?

So there are only rich people and poor people in the world you live in? Which group are you in? Are you rich or poor since those seem to be the only two groups of people you're willing to consider as "job creators".

its about time someone stepped up to the plate and fixes the mess george soros has been funding

It is about time everyone step up and fix this problem everyone in this country, rich and poor, are in. Unfortunately the Republican's, House Republicans anyway, best attempt is to total repeal Obamacare and keep all 11 carrier groups and across the board entitlement cuts. If for no other reason House Republicans are part of the problem because they prevent an attempt at a solution. Everyone should provide part of the answer. No one should provide the answer for everyone.

It is the love of knowledge and curiosity that invents things. Capitalism is the process in which one makes money of other people's work. Capitalism is self-interest and to a point that is good. There is a point at which self-interest for one comes at too great an expense of another. When these two are balanced it is call civilization. Great art was never made for the money, great literature was never made for the money, music, dance, scientific discovery were all made by people who were after something much more valuable than the dollar.

Which is why North Korea and Cuba are the leading innovators in the world...

Oh, wait...

Standard Disclaimer: Holy fuck but you leftists are stupid - which is why you're leftists....

Tell me, Uncensored2008, you ever create anything of beauty?

Forum List

Back