Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society - WSJ.com

I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.

Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government. That's why, if we want to restore a free society and create greater well-being and opportunity for all Americans, we have no choice but to fight for those principles. I have been doing so for more than 50 years, primarily through educational efforts. It was only in the past decade that I realized the need to also engage in the political process.

It's quite obvious to me why the bed wetters are so totally consumed with hatred for this man. I enjoyed the piece, and encourage anyone "sitting on the fence" regarding the Kock Bro's agenda to read it and make up your own mind.

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking. Yet I'm sure we'll see plenty of their smarmy psuedointellectual parroting of "facts" found only on a Media Matters website, as opposed to reality.

Last edited:
Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

Is that what he thinks he's doing? Interesting. I wonder how far he would have gotten had his Dad not built the company for him?

I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.

Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government. That's why, if we want to restore a free society and create greater well-being and opportunity for all Americans, we have no choice but to fight for those principles. I have been doing so for more than 50 years, primarily through educational efforts. It was only in the past decade that I realized the need to also engage in the political process.

It's quite obvious to me why the bed wetters are so totally consumed with hatred for this man. I enjoyed the piece, and encourage anyone "sitting on the fence" regarding the Kock Bro's agenda to read it and make up your own mind.

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking.

Hey Pete, what did you expect the guy to say? That he is EVERY evil thing that people say he is? Not likely. But actions do speak louder than words.

Watch what he does. Not what he says.

Thank God for people like the Koch brothers. The leftards have massive amounts of funding pouring in from everything from unions to actors, lawyers, corporations, etc. and get free advertising in the popular media, especially the news shows. We would be royally screwed without a prevailing counter force.

"Instead of fostering a system that enables people to help themselves, America is now saddled with a system that destroys value, raises costs, hinders innovation and relegates millions of citizens to a life of poverty, dependency and hopelessness. This is what happens when elected officials believe that people's lives are better run by politicians and regulators than by the people themselves. Those in power fail to see that more government means less liberty, and liberty is the essence of what it means to be American. Love of liberty is the American ideal."

He talks a good game (for Americans who love language like that), and ignores all of the problems of Capitalism and our society. It's another "Government is the problem" meme from the Reagan days. That helps us out not at all and believe me, Koch, who is an elite, has plenty of thoughts on how you should live your life.

"It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners"
Albert Camus

Spreading "fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom"...KOCH style...

ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLATIONS & POLLUTION

• In 2000, the Clinton administration leveled a 97-count indictment against Koch Industries for covering up the discharge of 91 tons of benzene, a carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company was liable for $350 million in fines; 4 Koch employees faced up to 35 years in prison. “The Koch Petroleum Group eventually pleaded guilty to one criminal charge of covering up environmental violations, including the falsification of documents, and paid a twenty-million-dollar fine” (Jane Mayer, “Covert Operations”, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010).

• The federal government sued Koch in 1995 over a reported 300 oil spills at pipelines owned by the company, which dumped an estimated 3 million gallons of oil into lakes and streams in 6 states. In 2000, Koch settled the case and agreed to pay $30 million in civil penalties.

• “In 1999, a jury found Koch Industries guilty of negligence and malice in the deaths of two Texas teen-agers in an explosion that resulted from a leaky underground butane pipeline” (Mayer). See the National Transportation Safety Board’s report on the accident.

• A jury found Koch Industries guilty in 1999 of stealing millions of gallons of oil from public and Indian lands through fraudulent mismeasuring. This concluded a 20-year long legal battle between Charles and David Koch and their estranged brother, Bill Koch, who revealed the scheme and spearheaded the lawsuit. See the 60 Minutes story about the case.
  • The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute released a study this year that named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States.

He claims he's been fighting for 50 years to restore America to what it was?

What was it? In what era of American history - in the sum total of that era - was America so much better than it is today?

Albert Camus

Spreading "fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom"...KOCH style...

• In 2000, the Clinton administration leveled a 97-count indictment against Koch Industries for covering up the discharge of 91 tons of benzene, a carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company was liable for $350 million in fines; 4 Koch employees faced up to 35 years in prison. “The Koch Petroleum Group eventually pleaded guilty to one criminal charge of covering up environmental violations, including the falsification of documents, and paid a twenty-million-dollar fine” (Jane Mayer, “Covert Operations”, The New Yorker, August 30, 2010).

• The federal government sued Koch in 1995 over a reported 300 oil spills at pipelines owned by the company, which dumped an estimated 3 million gallons of oil into lakes and streams in 6 states. In 2000, Koch settled the case and agreed to pay $30 million in civil penalties.

• “In 1999, a jury found Koch Industries guilty of negligence and malice in the deaths of two Texas teen-agers in an explosion that resulted from a leaky underground butane pipeline” (Mayer). See the National Transportation Safety Board’s report on the accident.

• A jury found Koch Industries guilty in 1999 of stealing millions of gallons of oil from public and Indian lands through fraudulent mismeasuring. This concluded a 20-year long legal battle between Charles and David Koch and their estranged brother, Bill Koch, who revealed the scheme and spearheaded the lawsuit. See the 60 Minutes story about the case.
  • The University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute released a study this year that named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States.

Wbat does any of that have to do with equality before the law?
You should be on your knees offering to service both Koch brothers for all the good they've done for this country. If you lived a thousand years you wouldn't have achieved one millionth of what they have.

We need more people like them to stand up for OUR FREEDOMS

But, I thinks it's too late

when you see our citizens defending this President and his wasteful, costly, entitlement called, ObamaCare...Or the fact someone like him with no experience in anything can be elected in the FIRST PLACE......I think we are history as a Free country and a Free people...

It's been painful to watch

Last edited:
Albert Camus

A truly free society is based on a vision of respect for people and what they value. In a truly free society, any business that disrespects its customers will fail, and deserves to do so.

Such respect for his fellow citizen, by polluting his back yard...

Albert Camus

A truly free society is based on a vision of respect for people and what they value. In a truly free society, any business that disrespects its customers will fail, and deserves to do so.

Democrats are polluting your front yard. How much respect do they have for you when they lie to your face constantly?

Albert Camus

You should be on your knees offering to service both Koch brothers for all the good they've done for this country. If you lived a thousand years you wouldn't have achieved one millionth of what they have.

Daddy Koch made his money by fracking the oil fields of the USSR. Still think the Koches love the USA or money???

Albert Camus

Democrats are polluting your front yard. How much respect do they have for you when they lie to your face constantly?

This thread is about the Koch people, are they democrats?

This obviously excludes bed wetters, because they're programmed to reject information without thinking. Yet I'm sure we'll see plenty of their smarmy psuedointellectual parroting of "facts" found only on a Media Matters website, as opposed to reality.

God bless you Charles Koch! America needs more men like you.

Albert Camus

Oh fuck off rabbit.

Just because YOU get on your knees and service the Koch does not mean others want to do same. You just carry on Koch sucking.

Albert Camus

You're right...in over 6 decades on this planet, I have never been responsible for the death of humans, fish or fowl.

Equality under the law should have these scum bag brothers on a table with a lethal injection in their neck.

Forum List

Back