Kapernick suing the nfl lol

Well if you watch the NFL and pay attention, you'd realize there are a lot of QBs in the NFL that aren't as good as he is. Did you see how well Kevin Hogan played for the Browns today?

That's a subjective judgement. Technical stats don't score the toxic impact somebody with Kaeperpimpleneck's entitlement attitude will have on a team and its fan base.

People are kneeling on almost every team now. Him kneeling isn't as big as an issue as it was before.

And that's not working out so well, is it?

CBS earnings to disappoint due to weak NFL ratings, Credit Suisse says

• Credit Suisse cut its third-quarter EPS estimates on CBS by 5 percent, citing the company's softer Sunday NFL ratings.

It's already been mentioned. Ratings are done because so many people are streaming the games online and therefore aren't showing up in the ratings despite people are still watching.

I don't know, lot of blacks say they are boycotting, and a lot of whites say the same thing, but for opposite reasons.
I can't see how the kneeling has helped anything, and it sure appears it's hurt.

Bottom line is, most everyone you'll talk to will claim they are disgusted with politics getting injected into what was their escape from all the division and bad news in the country. Like I say, I can't see how it's helped.

I'm not boycotting, but I sure the hell am watching a lot more college ball, and a lot less NFL.

I watch college ball, I am done with politics and the NFL. If I want to watch politics, there are stations that I can tune in to. I am not mixing politics with my football time. I know of several people that have done the same, but let the lefties think they know what is going on, it makes them feel good. They have no clue, just as they were shocked about Hillary losing, they are just as clueless with the NFL ratings sliding down hill. Who really cares, they seem to be wrong and then cry.

That's a subjective judgement. Technical stats don't score the toxic impact somebody with Kaeperpimpleneck's entitlement attitude will have on a team and its fan base.

People are kneeling on almost every team now. Him kneeling isn't as big as an issue as it was before.

• Credit Suisse cut its third-quarter EPS estimates on CBS by 5 percent, citing the company's softer Sunday NFL ratings.

It's already been mentioned. Ratings are done because so many people are streaming the games online and therefore aren't showing up in the ratings despite people are still watching.

I don't know, lot of blacks say they are boycotting, and a lot of whites say the same thing, but for opposite reasons.
I can't see how the kneeling has helped anything, and it sure appears it's hurt.

Bottom line is, most everyone you'll talk to will claim they are disgusted with politics getting injected into what was their escape from all the division and bad news in the country. Like I say, I can't see how it's helped.

I'm not boycotting, but I sure the hell am watching a lot more college ball, and a lot less NFL.

I watch college ball, I am done with politics and the NFL. If I want to watch politics, there are stations that I can tune in to. I am not mixing politics with my football time. I know of several people that have done the same, but let the lefties think they know what is going on, it makes them feel good. They have no clue, just as they were shocked about Hillary losing, they are just as clueless with the NFL ratings sliding down hill. Who really cares, they seem to be wrong and then cry.

And quite honestly it is a silly argument. When you watch the NFL on tv how often do they show the National Anthem?

NASCAR fans go to watch card go around and around....talk about low IQ wow. As bad as nfl fans.

Considering how abject slimy and utter scum American politics has become yes working folk, rich not included, look for an escape from it. They want their booze and some football. Not politics. Overnationalistic low IQ folk have made it bigger than it should be.

Don't drink, sorry bucko, I also understand why you won't answer my question because you lied and I called you on it. You are dishonest, thanks for letting us know. The fact you are making it to be bigger than it should be is your problem, not mine. Try being honest for once.

And quite honestly it is a silly argument. When you watch the NFL on tv how often do they show the National Anthem?

Heard about it during pre-game, during the game and then in the day's wrap ups. I don't care if they stand, sit or lay down, I don't want to hear about BS, I want to watch a game and not listen to overpaid athletes complain that they are oppressed by slave owners of the NFL. About the stupidest BS ever.

haven't been able to read most of this thread (too long) but there's a lot of problems that exist in this country, world really. I think the issue is that Kap seems to put specific problems as the most important while ignoring others while supporting questionable organization's like Assata’s Daughter's as well as wearing socks depicting police officers as pigs and supporting Fidel Castro. Dude's not a likable figure based on this stuff. It's a very legit question whether this guy should be in the league, not based on talent, but based on focus.

Heard about it during pre-game, during the game and then in the day's wrap ups. I don't care if they stand, sit or lay down, I don't want to hear about BS, I want to watch a game and not listen to overpaid athletes complain that they are oppressed by slave owners of the NFL. About the stupidest BS ever.

I can count in less than one hand how many times I've heard it mentioned DURING the game the entire season. Just don't watch the pre-game, half-time, or post-game.

Well if you watch the NFL and pay attention, you'd realize there are a lot of QBs in the NFL that aren't as good as he is. Did you see how well Kevin Hogan played for the Browns today?

Entitlement attitude? Kneeling for the national anthem to protest police brutality is entitlement? Please connect the dots for me.

He thinks he's owed a job. He's not.
And how did you deduce that? Is it because he is suing the NFL allegedly for collusion? That doesn't necessarily means he thinks he is owed a job. He might want a good pay off or maybe he wants to make this a landmark case for labor relations.

What question did you ask? It nav bothered me to begin with. Some people's feelings are very tender.

I can count in less than one hand how many times I've heard it mentioned DURING the game the entire season. Just don't watch the pre-game, half-time, or post-game.

I don’t watch pregame, halftime or postgame, nor any other part of the game. The NFL made their choice and I made my choice.

Back to the subject, what part of the CBA is the NFL abusing?

Well, I'd say you are one of few people who think highly of this whining drama queen. I still think he's a waste of skin and that won't change. Apparently lots of people agree with me, seeing that Colon is not wanted by any team.
T'is the cause he sacrificed his career for that stirs me to support him. Hidden there in are the voices of black ghosts past who lost their lives or made similar sacrifices in the struggle for equality. Colin's protest is an extension of that struggle.

Kaep’s career was in trouble BEFORE he started kneeling. He sacrificed nothing, he was not going to start he was a back up BEFORE he started kneeling.

He wanted to protest, the league was fine with it, they did nothing, he played the season, opted out of his $16 million contract and took the free agent route. Just because teams don’t want him, he has cooked up a scheme accusing the owners of collusion, he is a weak coward who can’t take responsibility for his play on the field.

JQ sure is a wind-up platitude generator, isn't he?

He is too stupid and too ignorant to figure out that free agency is all about skill set vs. contract, and that Kaep wants to be paid like a starter while playing like a scrub.

What G.M.in his right mind would overpay a scrub who is destructive to the clubhouse and who refers to them as a slave owner? I sure wouldn't if I were in that position. Heck, I'd take a flyer on RG3 LONG before Kaep, and you sure don't hear anybody talking about RG3 being blackballed.

Jq has a very limited level of intelligence and so reduces complex matters down to his own childish ability to comprehend. All that matters is color of skin to him and nothing more.
You're too stupid to know that Kaepernick has accomplished his goal of focusing national attention on killer cops and the corrupt system that supports them. He is the latest link in a succession of black athletes who sacrificed their careers and dared to buck the system using the media.

Colin knew the price to be paid for telling the truth and he was man enough to do it. Jerks like you will never understand the love this man is showing for his people. He could have gone on living the good life with is head in the sand; but, he chose instead to serve a better purpose.

The public is divided over Colin's protest.
Rw white males are vehemently against the protest and have interpreted it as an unAmerican gesture .But RW white males aren't the only Americans in this country.
You might think you are, but liberals including white women, blacks and others out number you. And, increasingly, they are rallying behind the man who ought to be known as "Constitutional Colin."
All you have are insults — because you’re too fucking stupid to see Colon is nothing but a whining, sickening, stinking, coward. His career was on the skids because he was always just a marginal player and THAT’s the ONLY reason the shithead started his drama queen routine.

He doesn’t care about black people (or anyone else), he’s just using them as a wedge to try and force some team owner to hire his worthless ass. He’s made himself a divisive figure who’s not worth having around because he causes more trouble than he’s worth. Team owners would have to be insane to hire Colon, all that would do is damage THEIR business. The only thing Colon loves is Colon, oh, yeah, and his raghead muslim girlfriend.

You've got plenty of insults of your own. But your wild ass assumptions are just that...wild ass assumptions. BTW a marginal payer who takes your team to two championship finals and to a super bowls has a better record than the majority of the QBs in the league. Hell, even Tom Brady doesn't win every year... Sometimes you have a bad streak but you get over it. And, for the record lets take a peek at how Colin looked last time he played:
UH-OH look what I found; Monk rules got egg on his face again:

"Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick is still without a job in the NFL despite coming off a solid season: 2,241 yards, 16 touchdowns and four interceptions while also rushing for 468 yards and two touchdowns in 12 games for the San Francisco 49ers. His career interception rate (1.8 percent) is second-best in NFL historyto only Aaron Rodgers.

[NFL teams are taking risks on players with legal issues, but not Colin Kaepernick. Interesting.]

Yet that didn’t stop the 29-year-old passer from being replaced in San Francisco by Matt Barkley, who signed a two-year deal worth $4 million despite throwing 10 more interceptions in 2016 than Kaepernick in five fewer games.

It didn’t get Kaepernick the backup job in Arizona, either. Instead, the Cardinals inked Blaine Gabbert, who was benched in favor of Kaepernick in San Francisco last season, to a one-year contract. Gabbert threw five touchdowns and six interceptions in six games for the 49ers in 2016.

The Chicago Bears gave Mike Glennon — a backup with a career 59.4 percent completion rate — a three-year, $45 million deal in March with $18.5 million in guaranteed money.

Kaepernick’s career adjusted net yards per pass, which gives a bonus for throwing touchdowns while penalizing a player for interceptions and sacks, is higher than any of them. And, if you look closer at the numbers it seems clear that — based on football acumen alone — Kaepernick deserves to be playing in the National Football League this fall."

You might be right about what the owners think in terms of Kaepernick's marketability
but let him have his day in court. I am looking foward to it. The 1st ammendment will be on trial with Kaepernick.
This is NOT a First Ammendment issue. It's about a dumbass who thinks he should be able to protest when he should be working and acting like a professional. He made his decisions. So the screwup is on Colon. He cannot force other team owners to hire him. That's fucking laughable.

He's perfectly free to voice his opinions ON HIS OWN TIME, and off the field. If he doesn't want to work he should just go apply for welfare — I'm sure he'd be better at that than he is at football.

I think Colin actually believes that Black Lives Matter! Don't YOU///my fellow American?

You might be right about what the owners think in terms of Kaepernick's marketability
but let him have his day in court. I am looking foward to it. The 1st ammendment will be on trial with Kaepernick.
The 1st amendment will not be on trial. Kaepernick is still practicing his right to free speech. He does not have a 1st amendment right to play pro football.
But in this case, clearly a nexus has been established by Kaepernick's peaceful protest and his being denied employment by the NFL.
Whether collusion by NFL owners to punish Colin for his protest was the vehicle responsible for his estrangement remains to be seen. But in any event... there has to be some viable reason other than kneeling for the NA. In essence the NFL reps will posit they have the right to fire people for any reason without explanation. But we already know why Colin isn't playing...and public knowledge of that can't be sidestepped in court. The real test comes when stats show most Americans back Kaepernick...thereby undermining the premise
that his presence on the field could cause revenue to drop. That's a two way street. If Kaepernick backers boycott the NFL even more revenue would be lost.

Survey says Americans oppose NFL players being fired over protests

"Breaking the numbers down by party, there is a stark difference in the results. Republicans are 65%-34% in favor of firing players over protests while Democrats are 80%-19% opposed. Independents are 64%-35% opposed.

All age groups, except for 65+ are opposed, with 18-29 being the most against, 71%-28%.

Whites are 55%-43% opposed, blacks are 88%-12% opposed and Hispanics are 60%-38% opposed."

Should Kaepernick bring civil charges in California, chances are high the court may see things his way.
He wasn't fired! He is a free agent that was not picked up by a team. Not the same as being fired.

You're correct. I just used the term fired as a conveinience. But not being picked up is tantamount to being fired when you can't
pursue your livelihood.
Colon is perfectly free to pursue his livelihood. But that does NOT mean other people owe him a living. If he can't make a living doing what he wants to do maybe it's time he chooses a field in which he's more competent, such as janitorial work, or flipping burgers.

No one is likely to pay Colon to be a professional whiner and THAT is really what this fool is trying to force teams to do.
I don't see any force being applied and neither do you. If he thinks he has a case let him go for it. As bright as he is Kaepernick has probably though out all the angles... Im betting he and his lawyers will find a way to bring the focus of his protest into the courtroom.

T'is the cause he sacrificed his career for that stirs me to support him. Hidden there in are the voices of black ghosts past who lost their lives or made similar sacrifices in the struggle for equality. Colin's protest is an extension of that struggle.

Kaep’s career was in trouble BEFORE he started kneeling. He sacrificed nothing, he was not going to start he was a back up BEFORE he started kneeling.

He wanted to protest, the league was fine with it, they did nothing, he played the season, opted out of his $16 million contract and took the free agent route. Just because teams don’t want him, he has cooked up a scheme accusing the owners of collusion, he is a weak coward who can’t take responsibility for his play on the field.

He is too stupid and too ignorant to figure out that free agency is all about skill set vs. contract, and that Kaep wants to be paid like a starter while playing like a scrub.

What G.M.in his right mind would overpay a scrub who is destructive to the clubhouse and who refers to them as a slave owner? I sure wouldn't if I were in that position. Heck, I'd take a flyer on RG3 LONG before Kaep, and you sure don't hear anybody talking about RG3 being blackballed.

Jq has a very limited level of intelligence and so reduces complex matters down to his own childish ability to comprehend. All that matters is color of skin to him and nothing more.
You're too stupid to know that Kaepernick has accomplished his goal of focusing national attention on killer cops and the corrupt system that supports them. He is the latest link in a succession of black athletes who sacrificed their careers and dared to buck the system using the media.

Colin knew the price to be paid for telling the truth and he was man enough to do it. Jerks like you will never understand the love this man is showing for his people. He could have gone on living the good life with is head in the sand; but, he chose instead to serve a better purpose.

Rw white males are vehemently against the protest and have interpreted it as an unAmerican gesture .But RW white males aren't the only Americans in this country.
You might think you are, but liberals including white women, blacks and others out number you. And, increasingly, they are rallying behind the man who ought to be known as "Constitutional Colin."
All you have are insults — because you’re too fucking stupid to see Colon is nothing but a whining, sickening, stinking, coward. His career was on the skids because he was always just a marginal player and THAT’s the ONLY reason the shithead started his drama queen routine.

He doesn’t care about black people (or anyone else), he’s just using them as a wedge to try and force some team owner to hire his worthless ass. He’s made himself a divisive figure who’s not worth having around because he causes more trouble than he’s worth. Team owners would have to be insane to hire Colon, all that would do is damage THEIR business. The only thing Colon loves is Colon, oh, yeah, and his raghead muslim girlfriend.

You've got plenty of insults of your own. But your wild ass assumptions are just that...wild ass assumptions. BTW a marginal payer who takes your team to two championship finals and to a super bowls has a better record than the majority of the QBs in the league. Hell, even Tom Brady doesn't win every year... Sometimes you have a bad streak but you get over it. And, for the record lets take a peek at how Colin looked last time he played:

"Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick is still without a job in the NFL despite coming off a solid season: 2,241 yards, 16 touchdowns and four interceptions while also rushing for 468 yards and two touchdowns in 12 games for the San Francisco 49ers. His career interception rate (1.8 percent) is second-best in NFL historyto only Aaron Rodgers.

[NFL teams are taking risks on players with legal issues, but not Colin Kaepernick. Interesting.]

Yet that didn’t stop the 29-year-old passer from being replaced in San Francisco by Matt Barkley, who signed a two-year deal worth $4 million despite throwing 10 more interceptions in 2016 than Kaepernick in five fewer games.

It didn’t get Kaepernick the backup job in Arizona, either. Instead, the Cardinals inked Blaine Gabbert, who was benched in favor of Kaepernick in San Francisco last season, to a one-year contract. Gabbert threw five touchdowns and six interceptions in six games for the 49ers in 2016.

The Chicago Bears gave Mike Glennon — a backup with a career 59.4 percent completion rate — a three-year, $45 million deal in March with $18.5 million in guaranteed money.

Kaepernick’s career adjusted net yards per pass, which gives a bonus for throwing touchdowns while penalizing a player for interceptions and sacks, is higher than any of them. And, if you look closer at the numbers it seems clear that — based on football acumen alone — Kaepernick deserves to be playing in the National Football League this fall."
This is my last reply to you. You are incapable of understanding.

NO ONE OWES KAEPERDICK ANYTHING. Period.

He's toxic. A troublemaker, loud-mouth, and drama queen. He thinks that because he is black, that he can pull any kind of stupid shit and get away with it. Well, maybe people are just sick of all the never-ending whining and blame and finger pointing. Don't get me wrong, Colon is welcome to believe what he wants, say what he wants, and whine all he wants.

BUT, team owners have the right to hire players who will be an asset to their team. They don't have to hire cocksuckers like Colon who think they can do as they please while on the field. Colon made his choices, now he should accept the consequences like a man — NOT continue to whine and cry, like a boy.

This is my last reply to you. You are incapable of understanding.

NO ONE OWES KAEPERDICK ANYTHING. Period.

He's toxic. A troublemaker, loud-mouth, and drama queen. He thinks that because he is black, that he can pull any kind of stupid shit and get away with it. Well, maybe people are just sick of all the never-ending whining and blame and finger pointing. Don't get me wrong, Colon is welcome to believe what he wants, say what he wants, and whine all he wants.

BUT, team owners have the right to hire players who will be an asset to their team. They don't have to hire cocksuckers like Colon who think they can do as they please while on the field. Colon made his choices, now he should accept the consequences like a man — NOT continue to whine and cry, like a boy.
Bye.. and I haven't heard any whining except YOURS>

This is NOT a First Ammendment issue. It's about a dumbass who thinks he should be able to protest when he should be working and acting like a professional. He made his decisions. So the screwup is on Colon. He cannot force other team owners to hire him. That's fucking laughable.

He's perfectly free to voice his opinions ON HIS OWN TIME, and off the field. If he doesn't want to work he should just go apply for welfare — I'm sure he'd be better at that than he is at football.

I think Colin actually believes that Black Lives Matter! Don't YOU///my fellow American?
I think Colon believes Colon's life matters. If he cared about black lives he'd be in Chicongo trying to stop black thugs from killing everything that moves.

As to your crack about being a fellow American, I'm beginning to doubt many blacks care about America in any meaningful way (aside from the freebies they can get). But that's not what this thread has been about.

Good if you went to a Super Bowl, five years ago and haven’t been back since. He went 1-10 as a starter last year. He wants 10 million a year, not 4 million Gabbert wanted. Gabbert is a drop back QB and fits into Arizona’s system. Kaepernick works well if your schemes are set for a running QB. Only one team uses the run QB and that is Seattle and they are starting to not let Wilson run as much.

So you have your opinion and the expert opinions of several other GMs conflicting. Seattle reportedly offered Kaep $900,000 to back up Wilson as they were at their cap limit. He should have grabbed it.

Good if you went to a Super Bowl, five years ago and haven’t been back since. He went 1-10 as a starter last year. He wants 10 million a year, not 4 million Gabbert wanted. Gabbert is a drop back QB and fits into Arizona’s system. Kaepernick works well if your schemes are set for a running QB. Only one team uses the run QB and that is Seattle and they are starting to not let Wilson run as much.

So you have your opinion and the expert opinions of several other GMs conflicting. Seattle reportedly offered Kaep $900,000 to back up Wilson as they were at their cap limit. He should have grabbed it.

You've repeated that $10 million a year figure at least a dozen or more times but haven't provided any proof... even after being asked to several times.

You've repeated that $10 million a year figure at least a dozen or more times but haven't provided any proof... even after being asked to several times.

You won’t answer my question, I’m not obligated to answer yours. If you want to answer my question, maybe we can talk.

Forum List

Back