Just how bad Qadaffi was for Libya.

Sep 12, 2008
I was watching a silly video of about an inane part of Quadaffi's rule. And I was struck by just how stoney broke the place is. Not just the civil war damage. The place provided 12% of the worlds oil, oil of the best quality that got premium prices. And the country was impoverished. The man took all that money that could have gone to all kinds of really cool ways to make the people of Libya comfortable and blew every penny on some kind of insanity or another.

One would think that some of that money would have benefited the people, but it looks like the place is worse off than if they were importing the oil, rather than exporting it all.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6pU_HgZ5A4&feature=feedu_more"]Random Libya video.[/ame]

^ I put forward that we will know in a year or two Baruch.

I was watching a silly video of about an inane part of Quadaffi's rule. And I was struck by just how stoney broke the place is. Not just the civil war damage. The place provided 12% of the worlds oil, oil of the best quality that got premium prices. And the country was impoverished. The man took all that money that could have gone to all kinds of really cool ways to make the people of Libya comfortable and blew every penny on some kind of insanity or another.

One would think that some of that money would have benefited the people, but it looks like the place is worse off than if they were importing the oil, rather than exporting it all.

Random Libya video.

Stoney broke? Interesting turn of phrase, Baruch....

1. Jeff Fort, co-founder of the Black P. Stone Nation, is a Muslim convert and the person most responsible for introducing Islam into the Chicago Street Gang mentality.

Upon release from the Joliet, Illinois State Prison, for doing a bit over misappropriating one million dollars in government funds targeted to teach job skills to gang members, Fort moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to avoid police surveillance, and established the El Rukn Tribe of the Moorish Science Temple, an Islamic sect.

Shortly there after, he returned to Chicago in a coup and took over the Black P. Stone Nation renaming it El Rukn, ( Pillar in Arabic ) to take advantage of restrictions on law enforcement surveillance over religious organizations.

During the 70′s the gang trafficked in cocaine and heroine. Fort ordered gang members of the El Rukn to meet with Libyan officials in the mid 80′s. The gang agreed to commit terrorist acts on American soil in exchange for $2.5 million dollars ...
Fort was convicted in 1987 for acts of domestic terrorism and sentenced to 80 years in a federal slammer.
Green and Yellow | The Federal Observer

2. ...Farrakhan has been in cahoots with Gaddafi for over 40 years. The Libyan leader once provided the Nation of Islam a five million dollar interest-free loan and reportedly offered to fund Farrakhan's group to the tune of one billion dollars. Also, Louis Farrakhan was the person who introduced Jeff Fort, founder of the Black P Stones, to Gaddafi. Farrakhan then called Fortes new gang, EL RUKN, his "Devine Warriors.” Later, Colonel Gaddafi offered to pay EL RUKN 2.5million to carry out terrorists plots against the U.S.
Urban Report: Blood Money

3.Reverend Wright and Obama marched together in Minister Louie Farrakhan’s Million Man March. Farrakhan had introduced Jeremiah Wright to Muammar Gaddafi in 1984,...

Excellent the way tin-pot dictators use their nations money......

Well if the people of Libya get a benefit out of it in the future, that will be a very good thing.

Random Libya video.

1. Jeff Fort, co-founder of the Black P. Stone Nation, is a Muslim convert and the person most responsible for introducing Islam into the Chicago Street Gang mentality.

Upon release from the Joliet, Illinois State Prison, for doing a bit over misappropriating one million dollars in government funds targeted to teach job skills to gang members, Fort moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to avoid police surveillance, and established the El Rukn Tribe of the Moorish Science Temple, an Islamic sect.

Shortly there after, he returned to Chicago in a coup and took over the Black P. Stone Nation renaming it El Rukn, ( Pillar in Arabic ) to take advantage of restrictions on law enforcement surveillance over religious organizations.

During the 70′s the gang trafficked in cocaine and heroine. Fort ordered gang members of the El Rukn to meet with Libyan officials in the mid 80′s. The gang agreed to commit terrorist acts on American soil in exchange for $2.5 million dollars ...
Fort was convicted in 1987 for acts of domestic terrorism and sentenced to 80 years in a federal slammer.

2. ...Farrakhan has been in cahoots with Gaddafi for over 40 years. The Libyan leader once provided the Nation of Islam a five million dollar interest-free loan and reportedly offered to fund Farrakhan's group to the tune of one billion dollars. Also, Louis Farrakhan was the person who introduced Jeff Fort, founder of the Black P Stones, to Gaddafi. Farrakhan then called Fortes new gang, EL RUKN, his "Devine Warriors.” Later, Colonel Gaddafi offered to pay EL RUKN 2.5million to carry out terrorists plots against the U.S.

3.Reverend Wright and Obama marched together in Minister Louie Farrakhan’s Million Man March. Farrakhan had introduced Jeremiah Wright to Muammar Gaddafi in 1984,...

You nailed it PC, the only reason Farrakhan and the Nation were upset about us bombing Libya was because Gaddafi used to send Farrakhan a check.

Random Libya video.

You nailed it PC, the only reason Farrakhan and the Nation were upset about us bombing Libya was because Gaddafi used to send Farrakhan a check.

And, you probably know that Qaddafi made video appearances at Farrakhan functions.....

''Enemies of my enemies are my friends..."

You must be from Second City, Grav....very few know about the El Rukns....

And, you probably know that Qaddafi made video appearances at Farrakhan functions.....

I watced something about it on Gangland, some people say they were just going to take the money and hustle Gaddafi.

I watced something about it on Gangland, some people say they were just going to take the money and hustle Gaddafi.

Sounds about right.... doubt they are organized enough to pull an attack off.

Thank god.

The government thought it was pretty serious....Fort is in jail in Florence for 80 years.
Busted buying big weapons....

The story was that Farrakhan talked Gaddafi into giving him $5 million to start a hair products company for The Nation of Islam....
...kind of fitting, oil money for oily hair.

Random Libya video.

He was involved in all sorts of shennigans around the middle east. That's why the League of Arab nations signed on to this.

But I could give 2 shits about that, really.

He greenlighted lockerbie. That was his death warrant.

He got served.

Can't be sure about that....

check this out, from Chicago Sun Times, 2002:

"Before the al-Qaida terrorist network became a blip on watchdogs' radar screens, a high-ranking leader of the notorious El Rukn street gang reached out to buy anti-tank rocket launchers as part of a plot to commit terrorist acts in the United States for Libya in exchange for cash.

It's unclear whether Jose Padilla a k a Abdullah al Muhajir was using his gang affiliation to sponsor terrorism. But Padilla--an admitted Latin Disciple--was nabbed at O'Hare last month and tagged as an al-Qaida terrorist. The FBI said he had changed his name, converted to Islam and trained with the terrorist network.

While street gangs are known for causing havoc on city streets, Padilla was set to inflict major damage by conspiring to build and detonate a "dirty'' bomb in the United States, the FBI said.

"Like all American gangs, [terrorist groups] have this combative, hate-the-system, tear-it-up, blow-it-up attitude,'' said George Knox, director of the National Gang Crime Research Center. "What drives gangs is conflict ... it's like they made it big time, they want to wreak havoc.''

Knox said the first link between gangs and terrorist groups surfaced when El Rukn leader Jeff Fort was convicted in 1987 of plotting to carry out terrorism against the United States on behalf of Libya for a $2.5 million payment to the South Side street gang. No terrorist acts were carried out, Knox said. "

El Rukns had early terror ties

Random Libya video.

He was involved in all sorts of shennigans around the middle east. That's why the League of Arab nations signed on to this.

He got served.

There is rumours that Gaddafi was trying to have the King of Saudi Arabia killed.

Random Libya video.

He got served.

There is rumours that Gaddafi was trying to have the King of Saudi Arabia killed.
That's the kind of bizarro world stuff Gadhafi seemed bent on.

He got served.

Nuff said for me as well :clap2:

Has Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrah went to meet Satan yet?

Random Libya video.

He got served.

He's tried at one point or another to have everyone killed. I heard a story where Egypt was partnering with Libya on some joint naval operations. A sub reported that they had an Israeli ship in their sites and Gaddafi ordered it sunk. Luckily the sub commander checked with Anwar Sadat first and he squashed the order and ended the joint operations.

He was a bad actor all around. His people were so pissed at him they refused unbelievable wealth to smack him around alot before offing him.

He got served.

Nuff said for me as well :clap2:

Has Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrah went to meet Satan yet?

Not that I've heard. But hopefully soon. :lol:

He got served.

He's tried at one point or another to have everyone killed. I heard a story where Egypt was partnering with Libya on some joint naval operations. A sub reported that they had an Israeli ship in their sites and Gaddafi ordered it sunk. Luckily the sub commander checked with Anwar Sadat first and he squashed the order and ended the joint operations.

He was a bad actor all around. His people were so pissed at him they refused unbelievable wealth to smack him around alot before offing him.

I think he was really out of touch with reality, he was in such awe his own people wanted to harm him when he was caught.

Aside from looting the country blind, how bad was he? Any mass graves? Shredders? Torture rooms?

Forum List

Back