Just as a reminder of how shitty our healthcare system is

And even with these problems, the NHS is ranked 18th in the world. The USA is number 37.

World Health Organization's Ranking of the World's Health Systems

Republicans like to pretend our healthcare system is the best in the world, but obviously it isn’t if the poor can’t afford it.

Here’s a video of Brits reacting to our healthcare costs.

My wife had a bout of vertigo. She was falling down, throwing up, even crapping her pants. It looked like a heart issue at the time and was pretty scary. Turned out to be pretty minor and probably caused by dehydration but we called an ambulance and spent several hours in the Emergency room.

Cost me five grand....and I have what is supposed to be decent healthcare insurance.

Our healthcare system is broken

Yes it is. If you have employer provided healthcare things are good. I have the VA and the one here is decent.

But the fact that we have people dying of treatable diseases because they cannot afford healthcare is pathetic.

If you are self-employed, basic healthcare runs around $1,500 a month, not counting your deductibles. And god-forbid if you actually use it. They will raise your rates or even kick you off the policy.

The #1 cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical bills. And a surprising number of those are not catastrophic medical problems.

Republicans like to pretend our healthcare system is the best in the world, but obviously it isn’t if the poor can’t afford it.

Maybe we should do an interview on the streets of the US asking if we think levying a 12% national insurance contribution in addition to income taxes seems like a good idea...along with a 20% VAT tax...that along with asking them what they think the average wait times for treatments and how the outcomes of those treatments compare to the US. That would be funny too.

So you kill babies and have abortions but you care about health care of citizens? Huh

I don’t do either, but obviously a woman having an abortion isn’t killing a baby because a fetus isn’t a baby lol. All that really matters is letting a woman do what she wants with her own body.

It is a baby it has feelings nerves after a few weeks.. why would you snip a humans limbs off like that?

Lol it barely has a brain for it to matter. Either way, it’s a woman’s choice to do what she wants with her own body.

You guys are all for a woman having the right to do whatever she wants at any time she wants with her own body but are the first ones to convict a person who shoots and kills a robber who has broken into your house. According to liberals, if he isn't threatening you and you have an escape route, you don't have the right to use lethal force. Inconsistent logic(i.e none at all) is a hallmark of the liberal mind.

I read an interview with a pediatric oncologist (cancer doctor for children). The interviewer asked what the toughest part of his job was. Before the doctor could answer, the interviewer went on to say "It must be horrible to watch children die slowly".

The doctor said, "Yes, seeing children die is brutal. No matter how hard you try to stay objective, every patient you lose tears you up."

The he continued with, "But the hardest thing about my job is when I have to tell parents what it will cost to save their child. Or even give them a few more years. Especially when you tell a single mom, and watch her do the math".

Why is it when we talk about abortion, saving a child is paramount? But when we talk about healthcare, it is solely the responsibility of the parent?

Why is it when we talking about setting something up to help people with healthcare, the first question is "Who is going to pay for that?".
But when we talk about war, that question never gets asked?

54% of the discretionary spending in the federal budget goes to defense. 54fucking%. In 2015 that $598.5 Billion dollars! How about we cut that in half? I am sure the $299 Billion saved could help people right here in the US. And let the other countries of the world step up.

And even with these problems, the NHS is ranked 18th in the world. The USA is number 37.

LOL...you believe the WHO rankings. It is hilarious how quickly libs will lap up any anti-American dribble. If you get deathly ill and need specialty care, the US is the absolute best place to be in nearly all cases. This has been proven over and over again. The US gets dinged by the WHO on things that have nothing to do with actual healthcare itself.

I read an interview with a pediatric oncologist (cancer doctor for children). The interviewer asked what the toughest part of his job was. Before the doctor could answer, the interviewer went on to say "It must be horrible to watch children die slowly".

The doctor said, "Yes, seeing children die is brutal. No matter how hard you try to stay objective, every patient you lose tears you up."

The he continued with, "But the hardest thing about my job is when I have to tell parents what it will cost to save their child. Or even give them a few more years. Especially when you tell a single mom, and watch her do the math".

Why is it when we talk about abortion, saving a child is paramount? But when we talk about healthcare, it is solely the responsibility of the parent?

Why is it when we talking about setting something up to help people with healthcare, the first question is "Who is going to pay for that?".

54% of the discretionary spending in the federal budget goes to defense. 54fucking%. In 2015 that $598.5 Billion dollars! How about we cut that in half? I am sure the $299 Billion saved could help people right here in the US. And let the other countries of the world step up.

Cancer treatment was a bad example for you to use. The NHS in the UK is far behind the US in wait times for those diagnosed with cancer because the system in overwhelmed. Because of this, they have worse outcomes.

Cancer treatment was a bad example for you to use. The NHS in the UK is far behind the US in wait times for those diagnosed with cancer because the system in overwhelmed. Because of this, they have worse outcomes.

I think it was a fine example. The idea that we watch children die because their parents don't have the money, while we spend hundreds of billions of dollars being the World Police is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

Your sick.. you like abortion because pooor blacks can’t afford kids rights? Lol less kids is good for America? You sick fuk

Quite the contrary, we are in a demographic death spiral because of capitalist policies.

Here's the thing. Used to be, before Republicans fucked it up, guys like my dad could get a good union job after high school and start families in their 20's.

Now we don't finish college until we are 22. It takes years to pay down student loans and get established in their careers.. women are waiting until their 30's to start making babies, and they make fewer of them.

Ask her again when she is 50 and needs a life saving treatment.....after paying for healthcare her whole life through excessive taxes on everything she does........

The WHO ranking is a joke, and everyone who knows the first thing about anything knows this.
The biggest problem with the WHO rankings is they use raw data without any consideration for anything.
For instance, America has a colossal problem with eating poorly.
Did you know that 67 cents out of every healthcare dollar spent in America is due to their diet?
Diabetes is staggeringly high in the US. Heart failure is also extremely high in the U.S.
WHO does not consider this as a factor.

Britain can't afford it's healthcare system...the only reason they can get by now is the fact that the United States pays for their national defense, their medical innovation and their drug research.......if they had to actually pay for that the NHS would have collapsed years ago...dittos the rest of Europe and Japan.....

and it isn't free healthcare.....the British pay for it in massive taxes on everything they do...only to be told as they become old that they are too old for treatment.......

Is the NHS really running out of money?

Hmm, that doesn’t sound particularly financially sound...

Yeah, the NHS is currently overspending its budget. In fact, if nothing changes (i.e. it gets no more funding and/or doesn’t make any savings) it’s expected to be £30 billion over budget by 2020/21.
----

And the older you are, the more likely you are to fall ill and need the NHS. In fact, the average 85 year-old man incurs healthcare costs that are seven times larger than an average man in his late 30s.

On top of that, Britain is not a particularly healthy nation. More than three-fifths of Brits are overweight. Just under a third are ‘physically inactive’, which means they do less than 2 and a half hours of moderate exercise (e.g. brisk walking) a week. And lots of us consume things that aren’t good for us in high quantities - from fat to sugar to salt to alcohol and tobacco.

Then there’s the fact that acquiring new drugs and treatments is becoming increasingly expensive. (The NHS reckons its medicine bills are going up by 7 percent a year). Lots of people think that’s because the pharmaceutical companies, who create and sell these drugs, are greedily trying to inflate their profits. But there’s also a concern that it’s just becoming harder (and therefore more expensive) to discover new medicines, since over the last few centuries we’ve already found most of the easily-discoverable ones.

There's also the problem of NHS staffing and wages. Basically, the NHS is massively understaffed (NHS England alone needs over 100,000 extra workers) and has been heavily criticised for not compensating its staff fairly. Giving out pay rises and cutting back excessive hours would help the NHS attract the workforce it needs. But it would also make its wage bill much bigger.

Last edited:

I think it was a fine example. The idea that we watch children die because their parents don't have the money, while we spend hundreds of billions of dollars being the World Police is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
Do you have a name of a child that died because the parents had no money??
So anti trump
Pro killing babies
anti second amendment.. WOW

Your sick.. you like abortion because pooor blacks can’t afford kids rights? Lol less kids is good for America? You sick fuk

Quite the contrary, we are in a demographic death spiral because of capitalist policies.

Here's the thing. Used to be, before Republicans fucked it up, guys like my dad could get a good union job after high school and start families in their 20's.

Now we don't finish college until we are 22. It takes years to pay down student loans and get established in their careers.. women are waiting until their 30's to start making babies, and they make fewer of them.
So there were more union jobs back then than today!? Lol HAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHY LIE TO JUSTIFY KILLING BABIES?

My wife and I spend a little less than 5% of our income for quality health care and we are seniors and my wife has a chronic problem..

Health care would be even less expensive if it wasn't for those damn things that were mandated by the filthy ass Obama Administration with Obamacare.

For instance, my Primary Care Physician use to run a one doctor shop. He had a nurse, one part time records clerk and a receptionist/officer manager. He didn't take Medicaid patients and he kept his overhead low. Office visits were inexpensive.

The along came that shittty Obamacare and all the bureaucratic requirements. He had to join a large medical group. He told me his overhead cost increased substantially and because of that he had to increase his office visit cost.

544a37057f1e4402e89f2ae21bf93d40.gif

E54FC5C6-C46C-4915-9D1C-CCC9FF3AF4DD.jpeg

This is the old state house in Boston this is where they read the Declaration of Independence all the small businesses you see listed on here are all non-unions people workEd small non-union jobs small businesses for hundreds of years in America this is how you made it out of poverty not by unions. UNIONS worked with bureaucrats to end small contractors.. KILLING JOBS .. millions of us want these small jobs. Want to be free.. even if there was enough union jobs real Americans would choose freedom

Forum List

Back